It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Paul Invent Christianity?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

Paul got his gospel form Jesus/God. It is different for a reason and you refuse to look at those differences and like all others make all the gospels one.

Ac 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
the gospel of the grace of God was the ministry he was to testify of.

You are wrong and God's preserved word is correct.

And during the great tribulation the kingdom Gospel will once again be in affect and then it will be preached to all the world who are there after the body of Christ as been gathered unto him in the sky. If you remember correctly the apostles and their kingdom gospel never went further than Samaria, after that Paul was called and given the ministry of the Gospel of the grace of God to testify of.

edit on 1-10-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
Short answer.... YES

Longer answer.... The Sun manifested itself, Paul jumped on the band wagon and later Constantine joined in on the crazy and bumpy ride.

That made me laugh.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It has been m observance that those who refuse to understand simply 6th grade English and what it clearly says generally are the ones who are so easily lead astray by false teachers.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Paul got his gospel form Jesus/God. It is different for a reason and you refuse to look at those differences and like all others make all the gospels one.

Ac 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
the gospel of the grace of God was the ministry he was to testify of.

You are wrong and God's preserved word is correct.

Well, we'll just agree to disagree. Paul and Jesus never met. Whoever or whatever showed up to Paul on that road, was not Jesus. Paul either made it up, or was duped by something. Paul contradicts Jesus on so many levels, it's not even funny. Yet, because his epistles are in the Bible, you can't see Paul's deception.
He was a liar and it's due to his letters being canonized, we have a whole religion built around PAUL rather than Jesus Words ONLY. That is why there are over 40,000 denominations of Christianity, that is why Christians can't even agree amongst themselves and are divided. That is why so many atrocities have been committed "in the name of God" over the centuries. Humans used PAUL'S words to do all those atrocities. Paul's epistles are the reason Christianity is even CALLED Christianity.
Jesus did not come to start a religion called Christianity. He came to show us the truth. Paul stole that truth and made it into the same system as the priesthood that Jesus went up against. It's just that we don't bring lambs and goats to be sacrificed. Now, they just want your money to pay the pastor, the staff, and the buildings they teach Paul's "scraptures" from....barely letting Jesus get a word in.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It has been m observance that those who refuse to understand simply 6th grade English and what it clearly says generally are the ones who are so easily lead astray by false teachers.

What? That's hilarious. You are saying that I can't understand simple 6th grade English? PAUL IS A FALSE TEACHER/Wolf in sheep's clothing, and though I USED to believe every word in the Bible was true....I woke up, did some research, and found out why he always sat wrong with me.
But hey, if Paul's "gospel of grace" is what you want to go with, more power to you.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

you have not even done a study that would help you know the differences between the three Gospels and refuse to do so by saying they are all the kingdom gospel. you need to rightly divide the gospels. If you can't understand that I don't know what to say.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

you have not even done a study that would help you know the differences between the three Gospels and refuse to do so by saying they are all the kingdom gospel. you need to rightly divide the gospels. If you can't understand that I don't know what to say.

Nope. Don't need to. I'm sticking with Jesus.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

never met. And if I quote the God's preserved word you call if false, a lie, an err, added by men 300 years or more later. Which proves you don't believe God's word at all let alone it is preserved, is without error, and is inspired. except of course those books and verses that bolster your position. A if you were there when Paul met Jesus that fateful day.

Ac 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
If that is not a meeting of meetings I would hate to see what a meeting will be like. Maybe like this

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
To bad you wont be there when that meeting takes place.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

good luck with that because under the kingdom gospel you need to keep all the law of Moses including temple worship and all its sacrifices. Jesus sent many to go to the priest and offer a sacrifices that Moses commanded under the gospel of the kingdom.

You know you act as if we are not following Jesus. you are so far from understanding the truth and simplicity that is in Christ Jesus.

You do know you will bring an anathema upon you by trying to follow a gospel that is not for you.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

good luck with that because under the kingdom gospel you need to keep all the law of Moses including temple worship and all its sacrifices. Jesus sent many to go to the priest and offer a sacrifices that Moses commanded.

You know you act as if we are not following Jesus. you are so far from understanding the truth and simplicity that is in Christ Jesus.

You do know you will bring an anathema upon you by trying to follow a gospel that is not for you.

But you see, I don't believe Jesus represented YHWH at all. I don't believe Jesus upheld the blood sacrifice system, either.
When He made the whip and drove the money changers AND animals out of the outer courts of the temple, I know it was BECAUSE of the evil of doing animal sacrifice in the first place. He said His Father's house would be called a place of prayer, but they had turned it into a den of robbers. Robbers (unlike thieves), take by force or VIOLENCE. The violence being done there was to the innocent animals, and it was a very lucrative business for the corrupt priesthood.
It's the only time you see Jesus extremely angry. I would be, too. Those animals are INNOCENT. They don't deserve to be slaughtered because an evil god told his followers that that's what appeased his wrath.
The commandments that Jesus taught were to "love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength...and your neighbor as yourself. That's not complicated.
I'm not afraid anymore, Chester. I don't follow a god that wants me to be afraid of Him. YHWH was an imposter.
So, I'm going to bring "anathema" on myself if I choose to only listen to Jesus and the Father He represented? In other words, by rejecting Paul and YHWH....I'm doomed. Oky doke. I'll take my chances.

Jesus sent many to go to the priest and offer a sacrifices that Moses commanded.

And Jesus said to him, “See that you say nothing to anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a proof to them.” Matthew 8:4
The "gift" in this verse is not a blood offering. It's "Doron" in Greek. The Greek word for a blood sacrifice is thusia/thysia -2378 /thysía ("sacrifice") refers to various forms of OT blood sacrifices ("types")
Jesus told them to offer something, but it didn't mean He meant go offer an innocent animal.
edit on 1-10-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

If you remember correctly the apostles and their kingdom gospel never went further than Samaria, after that Paul was called and given the ministry of the Gospel of the grace of God to testify of.

LOL....yea, wonder why? When Jesus HIMSELF said that HIS KINGDOM GOSPEL would be taken to ALL the world. But, Paul's false gospel and lies replaced Jesus' gospel, and here we be! Yay Paul. You are counting on PAUL'S writings to save you...not the teachings of Jesus.
Have you even realized that you mostly quote PAUL, and NOT Jesus...the one whom you say you follow?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It will be taken to all the world but not until he takes back up his dealing with Israel which is still future.

You have to keep the whole context of the Bible and God's chosen people Israel in the picture or anyone can come up with all sorts of claims, especially false ones.

the Kingdom gospel has been set aside once Paul is called and given the gospel of the grace of God to testify to Israel and the Gentiles because Israel's spiritual leadership rejected Christ the final time at the stoning of Stephen.

So the Kingdom gospel if not the gospel one should be preaching today. Once the body of Christ is gathered in the clouds to meet Jesus, then the Kingdom gospel will come back into play and Israel will be placed into her final scattering to fulfill all we read about it in Ezekiel and Zachariah.

Paul instructed us clearly that if any other gospel be preached in this age that person who preached it and those who believed it would be anathema.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

so you are rejecting the instruction to study to shew yourself approved?

Disobedient to one verse is to be guilty of disobedience to all from beginning to end.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

compare your NASB to the preserved word of God and there are many false words added and God's words removed to create confusion and strife. Satan's biggest tool is the 350 plus English versions. Satan knew God would keep his promise to preserved his words to every generation, and thus he led even godly men who did not believe the word of God to be without error or preserved, to make these false versions to lead people astray from the one that is preserved.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

compare your NASB to the preserved word of God and there are many false words added and God's words removed to create confusion and strife. Satan's biggest tool is the 350 plus English versions. Satan knew God would keep his promise to preserved his words to every generation, and thus he led even godly men who did not believe the word of God to be without error or preserved, to make these false versions to lead people astray from the one that is preserved.

Oh, so God can preserve the ORIGINAL, but He can't stop men from corrupting it with added words/different versions, etc?
If He can't protect it from being made into different versions, added or redacted, then what makes you think the original isn't added to/redacted, or filled with contradictions or a false apostle?
That makes no kind of sense. He's either omnipotent and able to make sure it gets protected, period. OR....MEN have had their grubby hands in it from the get go. The ONLY one that truly is beautiful in that book, is Jesus...and HE said "if you've seen Me, you've seen the FATHER". He also said NO ONE had ever seen the Father but HIM. That's why He came. Not to be a blood sacrifice, but to show us who the true Father was and what He was like. THAT'S why the character YHWH and the Father Jesus represented are so radically different in character.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Look he promised to preserve it. As far as what men do they have free will and all of it will work into God's plan to his righteousness.

he gave us one preserved Bible, instructs us to study so that we can find it in this age, and then you want to blame God for it because there are erred version that cause confusion.

You really do not understand the character of God do you?

He did preserved it and protect it. You just need to find it and believe it.

but from what I can tell you don't believe it anyway and you wont seek it out.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

one last thing you don't get saved by believing Jesus is truly beautiful. And when he said you seen the father he also said have I been so long with you that you do not know me.

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That's why He came. Not to be a blood sacrifice, but to show us who the true Father was and what He was like. THAT'S why the character YHWH and the Father Jesus represented are so radically different in character.

I see now our greatest difference in understanding scriptures of apostles. I understand that you have the notion that there are several gods represented in Christian scriptures. Actually there is only one God in Christian literature and that being the same in the OT as in the NT.

I believe you have admitted that the OT God of Moses with all of the unneeded sacrifice is a rotten cruel God and that the God of Jesus is a kind and loving compassionate God. If I am wrong then please correct me. I also believe that you then with that belief could not bring yourself to believe that the NT God of Jesus could be possibly be one who would kill or shed blood.

Why then would the loving Jesus say in the red letter edition of most bibles --

John 5:46,47
(46) For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
(47) But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Is not the loving Jesus saying that He approves of what Moses has put in his book? If you cannot believe in Moses then you cannot believe in Jesus. Am I reading this wrong? Then Moses wrote of His God and Jesus approves that Moses' God is His God also. Where then are there two Gods of the Christian philosophy?

How then did Moses write of Jesus? Was it, as John tells us, that there is one Creator and that is Jesus. If so then did not the Creator Jesus give the laws of Moses? And is it not the loving Jesus who teaches us many times of the eternal punishments of hell? And was it not the loving Jesus who sent the apostles to go and prepare the Passover? [How did one prepare a Passover?] And who judges men that they burn in the lake of fire? [Forever?] Who then ushers in the resurrection and allows the beast and antichrist to have their way with men and kill millions and burn the earth. And who is it that approves all of the human race to face a last day death of untold proportions. Is it not the same Jesus that you adore?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Hmmm...do you know what Paul was quoting when he said "it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks"??

The phrase “kick against the pricks” “comes from Aeschylus (525–456 B.C.), Agamemnon, line 1624--or lines 2341 & 2342 at (see Stewart Custer, Witness to Christ, BJU Press, p.164). We do not readily think of the risen Christ quoting a Greek playwright (in Hebrew, no less!)

So, the "Jesus" that appeared to Paul was quoting a Greek playwright? Ok.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Look he promised to preserve it. As far as what men do they have free will and all of it will work into God's plan to his righteousness.
You really do not understand the character of God do you?

(How can you know that about me? You have judged me constantly from the first conversation we've had. Why? Because I've asked questions that most fundamental Christians don't ask? I don't believe in hurting animals, nor do I believe in judging those who are outside of the church. Do you think that just because God took away your addictions, the whole Bible is inerrant? I've experienced God, too. One that would not need an innocent animal sacrificed, nor say it's only the "blood" that atones for sin. So, now what? You gained freedom, right?
So, just like you...I experienced that, too. But then I got sucked into religiosity and all the Bible being inerrant...yet, stopped listening to the Holy Spirit in all that mess, to listen to MEN...MEN who actually jacked with that dang book you hold in such high esteem. Not anymore, sir. Not anymore. I will listen to my HEART.... AND I will not believe that it's SICK. My HEART tells me not to hurt things that have emotions and feel pain. My heart tells me to follow what I feel is good and right. If a BOOK tells me otherwise, then it can kiss my rear. I know evil when I see it.)

He did preserved it and protect it. You just need to find it and believe it

Oh, good grief...I have FOUND IT...and some of it I believe, and some I don't. My God is not a dang BOOK.

but from what I can tell you don't believe it anyway and you wont seek it out.

That's ALL I've done over the past 25 years. Sigh.
edit on 1-10-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join