It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conferate Flag vs Colin Kaepernick

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Personally I think Kapernick should come out with the confederate flag. That flag is the utmost symbol against American Tyranny. Plus it would make so many people's head explode, it would be funny.

People that believe in the confederate flag and what Kapernick are doing are basically saying the same thing. The America government was/is over reaching with its power. Everyone who disagress with their symbol, really really hates in them.

The main difference, the southern's whoniriginally flew the stars and bars were willing to die for what they believe in. While Kapernick is willing to kneel for what he believes in.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
That guy is being radicalized by his BLM girlfriend. Next thing will be spitting on soldiers like they did in the 60s. I don't know enough about the flag to comment, my dad has them all over the place and he is in something called "sons of the confederacy" . We live in South Carolina , I live on the beach, he doesn't, big difference, Im different. I do like your thinking though, sadly the masses never catch on to objectivity. Flags to ya.
edit on 13-9-2016 by beeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

NO.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: beeyotch
That guy is being radicalized by his BLM girlfriend. Next thing will be spitting on soldiers like they did in the 60s.

Also, NO.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

"All we want; is to be let alone" - Confederate President Jefferson Davis.

Later his country would be invaded, looted and burned.

"All we want is peace and be left alone" - Crazy Horse

Later his people would be invaded, looted, moved to a reservation and he'd be killed.

"I'm not going to stand and show pride for a country that oppresses black people" - Colin Kaepernick

Colin, has never known oppression in his life. It would be an insult to us of Confederate heritage for him to disrespect our flag too.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra No, lol, we aren't 2, no what ? No don't besaying this stuff or no don't do it colin or no don't suggest it, hook us up with more

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

All they wanted was the right to keep their slaves.
The Crazy Horse quote is a nice touch, pretty ironic really.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: beeyotch
a reply to: reldra No, lol, we aren't 2, no what ? No don't besaying this stuff or no don't do it colin or no don't suggest it, hook us up with more

The no for you is that he should not ome out with a Confederate flag. That is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

"All we want; is to be let alone" - Confederate President Jefferson Davis.

"All we want is peace and be left alone" - Crazy Horse

Later his people would be invaded, looted, moved to a reservation and he'd be killed.

"I'm not going to stand and show pride for a country that oppresses black people" - Colin Kaepernick

Colin, has never known oppression in his life. It would be an insult to us of Confederate heritage for him to disrespect our flag too.

Confederate heritage...I wouldn't exactly broadcast that.
edit on 13-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Especially if you are proud of it. It is am embarassment.

Jefferson Davis did not have an actual country.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I don't see any reason he should be ashamed of his Confederate heritage. I would be much more ashamed to be a progressive.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I'm not embarrassed, I'm a member of the Sons of Confederate veterans, why should I be ashamed my grandfathers served their country?

The victors right the history, you only learned their version. It's not my fault you're brainwashed; so I'm not embarassed.
edit on 13/9/16 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Having been raised deep in the woods at the end of a long gravel drive in rural Georgia, I can't say I'm surprised to hear inane horses# like this:

Boo hoo. While you're melodramaticaly mewling for the poor poor Confederacy, do you ever pause to consider that its sole purpose was to preserve and expand the institution of chattel slavery for the benefit of the wealthiest few? That men and boys marched off to theie deaths for a cause as unholy as just about any ever known? That it wasn't just "their land" that they were fighting for but for the ultimate goal of the Confederacy to expand its territory all the way down to the upper areas of South America and throughout the whole of the Caribbean?

That "his country" had a population that was about 40% enslaved? None of those people factor in when you get all misty eyed do they?

It would be an insult to us of Confederate heritage for him to disrespect our flag too.

Your blathering is an insult to every descendant of a every one of those enslaved people and to be quite frank, I would wipe my ass with any of the various flags of the Confederacy and think not a thing of it anymore than I would doing the same with any Nazi flag.

I say that as a white man, raised in the South, a descendant of slave owners and men who fought on both sides of the Civil War.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So only the homes of slave owners got looted and burned to the ground?

Only slave owners fought?

Lots of regular people were caught up in the fighting, some I am sure supported slavery... many I am sure didnt care... they fought to defend their homes.

Several of the prominent leaders in the south were against slavery, some went on to spend the rest of their lives fighting for the rights of slaves... things were done for lots of different reasons, and folks should stop reacting as if there was no other reason for the war other than slavery.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I am from Tennessee and my family didn't own slaves as we were 1/2 Cherokee. We did however suffer the war and oppression of the south after it. I hear of the oppressed black man and must say enough of this BS. We all have the same opertunitys today, let's put the past behind us and build a better future.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Mohammad Kepernik will be famous but unemployed and then just another blip in history.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

That flag is the utmost symbol against American Tyranny.

More like the utmost symbol of treason against America.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Confederate heritage...I wouldn't exactly broadcast that. edit on 13-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

And why not? Am I responsible for what happened? Will you judge me on something I had no control over and happened long before I was born? That seems to be what you're saying. That if I'm from the South I must be a racist.

Of course, I would expect no better from a tolerant Liberal.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Like every southerner has lived a long hard life. If this were true then the southern states wouldn't be sucking up so much federal aid.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

I'm not embarrassed, I'm a member of the Sons of Confederate veterans, why should I be ashamed my grandfathers served their country?

The victors right the history, you only learned their version. It's not my fault you're brainwashed; so I'm not embarassed.

It's not about slaves, it's about state's rights.

Like the right to keep slaves

Never gets old.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think I lost some brain cells and perhaps a chromosome after reading this post.

Rather than deny ignorance, I suppose we may as well embrace it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join