It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

:!: If You Are Still Supporting Hillary Clinton - PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Trump seems to attract and support a significant number of people with one or more unrepentant and undeniable characteristics ... racism, sexism, homophobia, religious bigotry, etc.,

Yep, and "significant number" does not equate to "most."

This link may help you ... Merriam-Webster.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We can also say the same thing for Donald Trump.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Then you're welcome to start a thread with your suppositions and questions, WeRpeons. Good luck!

-cwm

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

No thank you. I've had my fill of both Clinton and Trump threads. They're both losers in my book.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

2.) Insults her supporter's intelligence, with lies and cover-ups about her health history and current status.

Or she doesn't but you raise an interesting issue. You're voting for Trump I take it? Trump said he could shoot a person in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose support. Why do you think that is? Do you take that as a compliment? Sounds like an obvious insult. I couldn't believe that he said that and it didn't end his campaign on the spot was met with applause by the very people he was insulting.

3.) Stated that as President, she will NOT represent 75 to 80 million AMERICAN CITIZENS, because they're "deplorable" human beings.

That's not true. She didn't say she wouldn'trepresent anyone and she said "half of Trump's supporters" which isn't 75-80 million people.

4.) Is not even in "average" health, for a 75 year old female.

That's a non-expert opinion based on what? YouTube videos and politically motivated opinions?

I realize that many Hillary Clinton supporters will say that even half-dead, and with one foot behind bars, Hillary is still a better choice than Donald J. Trump.

Well if you're going to answer you own question, why bother asking?

But for the benefit of those of us who are perplexed at how any intelligent human being can STILL support Hillary, considering all that has transpired and been revealed (see #1-5 above) since the DNC convention, PLEASE explain why you think she's still a better choice than Donald Trump. Thanks in advance!

1. SCOTUS appointments. Advantage Hillary.

2. Legislative progress that he'd undo just for the PR value or in his continuing efforts to cozy up to the conservative establishment. I've been meaning to post a thread about what he sent Stephen Moore to say to the CNP. If you don't know who the CNP is... well you should look into it. The essence of the plan is to gut a bunch of departments completely, wipe out environmental regulation entirely and then put rust belt workers to work on oil rigs, mining jobs and steel mills (I s# you not). Have you seen the price of oil lately? It's lunacy.

I think there's a far better chance that Hillary can be persuaded to at least support certain progressive causes by the same force that compels her to flip-flop — she'll say and do anything to be in power. Bernie forced her to left and I think at least some of that will stick. Advantage Hillary.

3. Donald Trump is running on the sort of Know Nothing nativist platform that we should have outgrown generations ago but people keep falling for it. He's made voting for him a referendum on ideas I could never support. I know Trump supporters are loathe to admit it but that doesn't make it untrue. I won't characterize half his supporters as being in a basket of deplorables but I will say that the majority of deplorables are supporting him. Yes Hillary is also a major panderer but she's selling fear of Donald for the most part — Donald is selling fear of... everything. Advantage Hillary.

4. Relating to the first part of #2. I don't think Trump has any real plans per se beyond getting elected. He's making it up as he goes along under the false premise that he's such a business maven that he'll "get the right people" and figure it all out. It's not real estate. He won't be able to bribe, bluff or bulls# his way through everything. He won't be able to count on his billionaire buddies to bail him out either. For all the empire that he's supposed to have, for many years it appears that a primary source of his income (as his fortunes waned drastically) was simply licensing his name. He was essentially making money on the idea that he was more successful than he really was. Look at how terrible his campaign has been run. It took three major reorganizations to get him to a point he should have been at last year. Advantage Hillary.

5. Donald Trump is about as crooked as Hillary. For 40+ years he's seemingly bribed way through life. Out of his own mouth he's been up to his neck in cronyism his entire career — until he launched his campaign. The Trump supporter line is that is "the old Trump" but the "new Trump" is different... because he says so? Why would I believe that? (see #6) Have you any idea who Roger Stone is or what he does? That's not even getting into his connections to organized crime.

Look at the the people he's brought into his campaign. Roger Ailes? What sane person who wasn't a supercrony would hire him onto a campaign? Explain how that makes sense? That also relates to how little he thinks of his supporters' intelligence. 3/4 of his "economic advisory council" is made up of his billionaire friends, many of whom have dumped at least $500k into his campaign. How about David Bossie? Mr. Dark Money himself? Steve Bannon, douche bag and now former chief of Breitbart? They'd both fill up appointments with friends and people they owe favors to but Donald Trump is so brazen about his cronyism now that I can't imagine he'd be better and probably worse.

Toss up. Possibly slight advantage Clinton because there's the extra component of how ridiculous it is that he's pretending to be a changed man and "anti-estbalishment."

6. Donald Trump actually lies with greater frequency than Hillary and that's quite an accomplishment. I honestly believe he can't stop himself from lying. He lies about EVERYTHING, even things that don't matter — things that nobody who wasn't a pathological liar would lie about. Hillary lies to cover up her ineptitude, shadiness, etc — whatever is politically expedient. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I believe he is a pathological liar in the clinical sense. I do not believe he can control himself. That's not a good look. Slight advantage Clinton which would be preposterous in nearly any other circumstance.

[continued]
edit on 2016-9-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

7. Donald Trump's manipulation of the media and I suppose, his manipulation of his supporters in regards to the media. He whines incessantly that the media is out to get him. He's had the media in his pocket the entire time by my estimation. He corrals them so his supporters can heckle them, he blacklists the ones he doesn't like and personally attacks those who question him. Look at the stunt he pulled with Megyn Kelly.

He has a history of suing newspapers, authors, comedians and talk show hosts. Afaik, he's never won a single case or settlement in any of those sorts of suits. He has an entire team of surrogates who have been all over media from the beginning. He brags about how he boosts ratings when he's not whining about how unfairly he's treated. It's so obviously manipulation but there's no convincing his brainwashed supporters of this no matter how many times I point out that they're wrong. How many threads start off "the media won't report this" or some nonsense like that and the OP is so impossibly self-deluded that it doesn't register that he's linked CNN as a source. He's got Sean Hannity running a primetime advertising slot for his campaign on the most watched cable "news" channel. He has Breitbart churnnig out story after story. He or his campaign almost certainly leaked garbage to the Enquirer about his primary opponents.

I could go on. He has a few talents. He's a master of persuasion — t least persuasion of a certain sort of person — and he's clearly adept at manipulating the media. Starting with repeatedly hammering the idea that he's being "treated unfairly" (so unfair, believe me) to innoculate himself against criticism ffs. It's so blatant. Clinton does her thing "the old fashioned way," she lies and withholds. Advantage Clinton.

8. He's unbelievably petty and unable to deal with criticism of any kind and he can't keep himself from taking to Twitter to make a fool of himself. He lies about how much he's worth. He lies about steaks ffs. Who does that? Generally speaking, he seems about as stable as a box of sweaty dynamite. Can you imagine Trump being grilled for 10-11 hours by a bunch of hostile political opponents on live television as Hillary was in that last Benghazi testimony? Lol. Advantage Hillary.

9. He fawns over Putin. I dare say he idolizes Putin, a man who has amassed a fortune that is likely larger (maybe much larger) than Trumps through cronyism, assassination — you name it. He's an authoritarian who locks up dissidents and assasinates reporters with regularity. If it's not that he legitimately idolizes Putin (or maybe in addition to), it seems likely to me that Morrell is right about him being an unwitting agent of the Kremlin because he's such an egomaniacal mutant that a man like Putin can stroke his ego and get him to FAWN. It's disgusting. Advantage Clinton.

10. Relating in part to #7. He one of the most vexatious litigators in the US. Advantage Hillary though here again, the Clintons have the litigation/the threat of litigation to bully people but Trump is a whole different level.

There's 10 reasons off the top of my head and I'm sure I missed a few biggies. I'll be voting for Clinton because as hard as it may be for you to imagine, in my opinion, Trump is worse. He's everything wrong with both Clintons and then some.

I'd love to see her drop out this week but it ain't gonna happen.
edit on 2016-9-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
hypocritical that seeing all that Trump supporters talk about is Clinton.
Both sides are as bad. How many threads on policy from either candidate? more or less none just thread after thread about rumour, hearsay and mudslinging.
You all should be ashamed no wonder you have ended up with those two.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: beeyotch

a reply to: Greggers Sorry to disappoint you BUT HILLARY HAS DIRECT TIES WITH THE KKK ! Simply google Senator Byrd who she claimed to be her mentor, he was a national KKK director, she and Bill also went to his funeral, Byrd and the Clintons were close friends for many years, when asked about it and it was laughed off, its on the news constantly (only FOX and they cant fake her videos), its her words, she was on video saying it, he does exist, it isn't a right wing conspiracy , was was a head figure in the KKK.

Robert Byrd was never a "national KKK director" but he was active in the 40's and he did start a chapter composed of people he personally recruited. He was by all accounts all about it. However, he was publically denouncing them by the time Hillary was a toddler and he went on denouncing them the rest of his life.

What exactly are you implying exactly? That Byrd secretly indoctrinated her into the KKK?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Obligatory "I bet Clinton supporters can only talk about Trump", as if comparing two political candidates was against the rules.

Hilary's campaign is a racket. Her political triangulation, a product of her husband and advisor Bill Morris, has drained the Democratic Party from its principles for vote-grubbing. All this to seize power and for personal gain, not for liberal principles.

That sounds about right and yet the alternative is still Trump.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: WilburnRoach

Thanks for that thorough and honest reply, WilburnRoach. It's obvious that you're satisfied with maintaining the status-quo. I know that you're hoping that Hillary stays healthy.

BTW.. in point #2, I was referring more to the Pneumonia. Pneumonia that her supporters (or anyone else) would have never known about, if Hillary hadn't passed out yesterday. Today, Hillary admitted on CNN that she's "passed out" a few times. Makes you wonder what else has happened that we'll never know about...even after she dies.

A couple of times that she remembers!

She has no idea how many times.

Let's chalk up the head crack and broken elbow to passing out.

But that's a good thing, right?

If hillary falls in the forest...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: beeyotch
a reply to: Greggers Sorry to disappoint you BUT HILLARY HAS DIRECT TIES WITH THE KKK !

What is it with the mud pit and reading comprehension skills?

Since it was apparently too much trouble for you to slow down and read the thread, I'll recap for you:

1) I attempted to answer the OP's question. At no point in my answer did I mention racism, the KKK, or anything of the sort.
2) Another poster replied to my post, suggesting I had accused Trump of being racist and/or having KKK ties.
3) I responded by pointing out that I had made NEITHER accusation against Trump.

And here you are, pointing out once again the connection between Hillary and the KKK.

Make whatever point you like, but don't involve me in it. This point has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have posted.

edit on 13-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Think about it pal,it's in every newspaper and news channel,she's either keeling over,or having someone killed,so what else does anyone have to go on?,her past record,then it gets even worse

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Im not supporting either her or the other nutcase.

Both are going to get Americans killed and the bombs will fly. One's a liar and criminal, the other is a bigoted, prejudiced billionaire "businessman" who hasnt a clue about being political, poor, being an immigrant, a soldier, black or Muslim...

At least Clinton prob has had Ramen Noodles when she a Bill were in their College days. Nutcase has never pumped his own gas or eaten Kraft Macaroni...

Both are on my crap-list......and I aint wastin' any t.p. on either one. "Grandma" and "Coppertone Don" ought to just go away. We're doomed...and just with "Richie Rich"....the end of the world will come sooner....

Watch....

What an ignorant post...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Funny how all these people post but only as a chance to bash Hilary and not discus the topic at hand.

Pretty much why I'm staying out of it.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The reason I'd vote for Clinton is because for one she isn't Donald Trump, but also because I want liberal SCOTUS choices. I want a further eroding of the war on drugs. I want further Climate Change action.

1.) Continually insults Obama's economy. I thought Democrats liked what President Obama has accomplished economically.

What is this supposed to mean? Just because Obama's economy is doing well doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

2.) Insults her supporter's intelligence, with lies and cover-ups about her health history and current status.

If Hillary Clinton was TRULY as sick as conservatives like to pretend she is, I'd STILL vote for her because even if she dies in office that means we'd get Tim Kaine as the President and Trump STILL wouldn't be the President.

3.) Stated that as President, she will NOT represent 75 to 80 million AMERICAN CITIZENS, because they're "deplorable" human beings.

Is this opposed to banning a religion (1st amendment violation btw) and kicking a large portion of people living here out of the country?

4.) Is not even in "average" health, for a 75 year old female.

You do know that she is 68 right? Trump is two years older than her.

5.) Says that her tax increases will amount to a staggering $1.3 Trillion dollars on the rich, but will "trickle down" to every citizen.

Better than Trump's plan which pretty much is a tax bonus to him and other super rich people. Oh and it will also raise the national debt. The rich SHOULD be paying more taxes. That's traditionally how it worked when our country was successful anyways. If rich people are forced to reinvest into their companies then naturally employee benefits increase too. Why this isn't obvious to people is beyond me.

6.) I won't go into the pay-for-play, illegal I.T. server usage, National Security violations, etc.. That's "old news" compared to the first 5 bullet-points.

Why'd you bring it up then?

Again I support Hillary because she represents positive political development. She isn't perfect and she may very well be corrupt, but I can live under a Clinton Presidency MUCH easier than a Trump Presidency. I can wait another 4 - 8 years for a better President to come along. We've had corrupt Presidents along the vein of Hillary before, so we can have another without the country falling apart.

Plus a vote for Hillary is a vote for Democratic policies. I don't agree with Republican obstructionism either so I want those yahoos out of office.
edit on 13-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I support her because Trump is evil, he is a white devil, a fascist! lololol...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I have never liked to call people names, but if you think Hillary Clinton has YOUR best interest's at heart, then you are a FOOL. She has shown time & time again that she can't be trusted. That she can't be truthful. That she's self serving sack of shat.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If we're currently discussing possible political decoys/body doubles, strange metal objects falling from her body, strange illnesses, ON TOP of the already existing scandals - why in the name of all that is good in this world would someone support her?

From a dude who is really not a big Donald Trump supporter either (fingers crossed something drastic will change between now and then), I'm not being biased...

I just can't find reason or logic behind her support - it's utter lunacy,

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Im not supporting either her or the other nutcase.

Both are going to get Americans killed and the bombs will fly. One's a liar and criminal, the other is a bigoted, prejudiced billionaire "businessman" who hasnt a clue about being political, poor, being an immigrant, a soldier, black or Muslim...

At least Clinton prob has had Ramen Noodles when she a Bill were in their College days. Nutcase has never pumped his own gas or eaten Kraft Macaroni...

Both are on my crap-list......and I aint wastin' any t.p. on either one. "Grandma" and "Coppertone Don" ought to just go away. We're doomed...and just with "Richie Rich"....the end of the world will come sooner....

Watch....

You base you political decisions on if someone has consumed Kraft cheese? Brave move bro

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
I wrote this in another mudpit thread: Who Should I Vote For....Can ANY Of You Do This?

Hillary Clinton for President! Here is why.

The United States government has historically been, the boy's club and women were mostly second class citizens until 1920. In 1922 Rebecca Latimer Felton became the first women to serve on the Senate, if only for a day. Ten years later in Arkansas Hattie Caraway became the first women to win the election to the Senate. However No women served from 1922 to 1931, 1945 to 1947, and 1973 to 1978. That all changed in 1992, the Year of the woman, when five women were elected to the senate.

After graduating from Yale University with a Juris Doctor degree Hillary Clinton spent her post graduate time serving as a staff attorney for a Children's Defense fund and as a consultant to the Carnegie Council on children. Fun Fact: She was also a member of the impeachment inquiry staff and her research lead to the resignation of President Richard Nixon. Shortly afterward Hillary became the first woman to be made full partner of Rose Law Firm. Another boy's club.

Then in 2001, Hillary Rodham Clinton joined the Senate and stayed for eight years. That should be a huge indicator to anyone that this woman obtains results. You don't just walk into and stay at an exclusive club with out being someone who can make it happen... If you look through her track record in government you'll see she has help millions of families across the country to have access to better health and better education.

I know she is flawed. Hillary Clinton is probably one of the worst campaigners I have ever seen. But that woman can govern!

I love you,

Harry

Woah, I'm not sexist like you, I don't care if it's man, woman, LGBTQ, I look at results, Hillary has done well, but nothing more than anyone else has ever done - but according to you she did it while owning a vagina - does that make it more difficult?

Thrown in a bowl of everyone else, with dicks, vaginas, and unknowns, you couldn't tell her from the rest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join