It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scrutinizing the Mandela Effect: The Mechanics and Implications

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I posted this already in another thread but it seems appropriate here.

In regards to the ME delusionals, why is it the *only* thing to have survived this dimensional shift/black hole regurgitation/CERN experiment, etc, is their memories???

When they claim everything has changed, including their bodies (ie: their hearts are in a different place, etc) why is it only their memories have not? It stands to reason IF the physical body has changed then so would their memories and they should have no memory of the previous reality.

Why are memories surviving these shifts but EVERYTHING else is not? And why only theirs? There is no consistency to their arguments for ME.

Basically, if everything is different and reality did change as they claim, then they should have no memory of it either, as your memory belongs to that body in that time frame.

The ME theory is utter sh*te. The ME delusionals have incorrect memories, falsified from years of mass media and pop culture and general stupidity.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: GoShredAK
The most ridiculous part of the Mandela effect theories is how some of the naysayers seem to find it necessary to be absolutely rude and condescending.

It upsets them somehow, and that's just kind of weird.

If I don't like something I'll just avoid it, not actively campaign against it, surround myself with it, and insult people I don't agree with.

Some people are just miserable I guess.

I'm completely ok with people being rude and condescending to those who are too arrogant to admit the shortfalls of their own memory.

I come on ATS to avoid stupidity, not surround myself with it.

Sounds more like you come to ATS to seek out what you perceive as stupidity to bash it so you can feel superior and better about yourself.

If you were avoiding what you perceive as stupidity why go into a Mandela effect thread?

Why assume everyone who believes that the ME may be possible, is not willing to admit they may be wrong? I know some are like that, but not all.

People can be equally arrogant on both sides of the argument.

It seems like Mandela effect by default means stupid and deplorable, and that's kind of a lame attitude.
edit on 13-9-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: GoShredAK
The most ridiculous part of the Mandela effect theories is how some of the naysayers seem to find it necessary to be absolutely rude and condescending.

If I don't like something I'll just avoid it, not actively campaign against it, surround myself with it, and insult people I don't agree with.

Some people are just miserable I guess.

I'm completely ok with people being rude and condescending to those who are too arrogant to admit the shortfalls of their own memory.

I come on ATS to avoid stupidity, not surround myself with it.

Yeah but I don't come here to watch other people be offended... To what end? It's like mob mentality around here sometimes.

---------------------

To stay on topic.... lets take the berenstein bears for example. When people find out they go looking for their old books etc. These books are still in the place the people left them years ago. Just, they believe the title has changed. So if the book was still in "this" reality where it was left, but the title had just some how changed.... Then It hasn't "moved" Why would the people have to noticeably "move" for reality to be slightly altered?

So we would technically be the same as we were. We wouldn't know we'd switched "lanes" if you will. #multiverse

If the ME is to be believed I think time travel could be to blame. If time travel is going to exist in the future. It exists already, now. So if something is altering the past, we aren't really moving realities. We're just experiencing people messing around in the past

edit on 13-9-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha
What I mean is two different memories do not necessarily imply two different timelines.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

We tried politeness, but it didn’t work.

Yes, weird isn’t it, how some people get annoyed when someone goes on yapping about how the world has changed and won’t shut up about it, and tells people who know better that they’re blind, fools, sheep, etc.

If I don't like something I'll just avoid it

I believe there’s a lot of space in Alaska. People living in more crowded parts of the world don’t always have that option.

If I don't like something I'll... not... insult people I don't agree with.

Yes, just like you called people who don’t agree with you rude, condescending and kind of weird. Not insulting at all.

edit on 13/9/16 by Astyanax because: Alaska is big.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Yes, weird isn’t it, how some people get annoyed when someone goes on yapping about how the world has changed and won’t shut up about it, and tells people who know better that they’re blind, fools, sheep, etc

I was unaware every person who believes there might be something to the Mandela effect was like that.

Maybe I am just the exception then.

We tried politeness, but it didn’t work

I must have missed that. That's a ME in itself right there lol.

I feel I have made it abundantly clear that I believe it may be real but am perfectly willing to accept that its all faulty memory.

I don't think for a second anybody travelled through time, or shifted universes, or similar.

I do however find the Mandela effect interesting, and entertain the possibility.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Yes, just like you called people who don’t agree with you rude, condescending and kind of weird. Not insulting at all.

Well I was just being a hypocrite and I wish I had just stuck with my first post only.

My bad, sometimes my emotions get the best of me, my bad.

I would have been better off staying on topic.

I didn't realize how that sounded at the time.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
As an EXTREME skeptic on this "theory". I can sum it up in two words:
Confirmation Bias, because it can't possibly be that a person remembered something wrong, we view ourselves as infallible.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Are you open to the possibility that maybe, despite your certainty, you accidentally left the story at your friends house?

Yes, I'm open to the possibility. But that would require entertaining Altered State of Consciousness in a somewhat other than normal psychological makeup.

If déjà vu can be attributed to a mild (i.e. non-pathological) epileptic episode, then perhaps the sense of 'reality shift' can be attributed to a non-pathological Retrograde amnesia.

Retrograde amnesia (RA) is a loss of memory-access to events that occurred, or information that was learned, before an injury or the onset of a disease. It tends to negatively affect episodic, autobiographical, and declarative memory while usually keeping procedural memory intact with no difficulty for learning new knowledge.

To explain the how we must first look at Fugue state

Dissociative fugue, formerly fugue state or psychogenic fugue, is a DSM-5 dissociative disorder. It is a rare psychiatric disorder characterized by reversible amnesia for personal identity, including the memories, personality, and other identifying characteristics of individuality. The state is usually short-lived (ranging from hours to days), but can last months or longer. Dissociative fugue usually involves unplanned travel or wandering, and is sometimes accompanied by the establishment of a new identity.

So imagine a 5 minute dissociative fugue(sometimes called a black-out), during which the subject has established a new identity for that 5 minutes. And rather than recalling the missing five minutes when confronted with evidence of what really happened the new identity persists. In other words the subject never 'snaps out of it'. Those missing five minutes may remain missing, never to be recalled.

It would be useful to identify stressors, and contributing factors.

Fugues are usually precipitated by a stressful episode, and upon recovery there may be amnesia for the original stressor (dissociative amnesia).
Unlike retrograde amnesia (which is popularly referred to simply as "amnesia", the state where someone forgets events before brain damage), dissociative amnesia is not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication, DSM-IV Codes 291.1 & 292.83) or a neurological or other general medical condition (e.g., Amnestic Disorder due to a head trauma, DSM-IV Codes 294.0). It is a complex neuropsychological process.

As the person experiencing a Dissociative Fugue may have recently suffered the reappearance of an event or person representing an earlier life trauma, the emergence of an armoring or defensive personality seems to be for some, a logical apprehension of the situation.

Therefore, the terminology fugue state may carry a slight linguistic distinction from Dissociative Fugue, the former implying a greater degree of motion. For the purposes of this article then, a fugue state would occur while one is acting out a Dissociative Fugue.

The story itself involved a friend who was hurt. The thoughts on my mind at the time were of a friend in danger of being hurt and what I may or may not have the ability to do about it. Plus, standing up after sitting down for an extended period of time probably caused a drop in blood pressure.

So either reality changed or:

Significant lyrics:
"I see the show downs, slow downs, lost and found, turn arounds
The boys in the military shirts
I keep my eyes on the prize, on the long fallen skies
And I don't let my friends get hurt
All you back room schemers, small trip dreamers
Better find something new to say
Cause you're the same old story
It's the same old crime
And you got some heavy dues to pay"

The highlighted lines may be more of an ambitious wish rather than an actual ability to pull either of those off. Sometimes friends do get hurt in situations and circumstances completely beyond one's ability to influence.

edit on 13-9-2016 by pthena because: sentence restructure

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is still being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

<< 1   >>

join