It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I REALLY Appreciate ATS This Election Season

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Something is up with other websites this election season, I have been posting to numerous websites other than ATS since around 2008.
My threads and posts were always left alone, sure people might have disagreed with them but they remained opened and up.
This election season something happened threads are being locked, posts removed, bans being threatened for expressing opinions, and it's not just happening to me.
These are sites where the mods use to let opinions evolve organically, anything anti-Clinton or Pro-Trump is being flushed this round.
Having been through 2 election cycles before 2008 and 2012, it just never happened.
Stuff I am posting on ATS that is getting a dozen stars is getting removed from other sites, locked and removed threads to censor organic opinion on the net, again this isn't happening just to me. Numerous old political posters with thousands of posts banned for expressing their opinion like they have every other election year.

I want to thank ATS and it moderation team for not succumbing to this trend and allowing opinion to flow naturally and organically as it should even if it is highly painful to other posters. For this reason you are my go to site everyday, I know I can get uncensored political news here, and I can post it as well, without fear of tainted moderation that is tantamount to censorship.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Follow the T&C and your posts will be fine. I've witnessed it, Just don't be an ass.

edit on 12-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

ATS is great for some topics, not so much for others.

But I will say that the diversity of participants makes for a generally well-informed narrative.

I'll leave it at that..
edit on 12-9-2016 by FamCore because: I hit enter 2 times to seperate sentences #1 and #2

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I agree, this is real entertainment.

Just remeber, fight almost to the death and then shake hands.

We are all bored word ninja buddies that can't get punched for talking smack.

And if you vote for Hillary, I will turn you over to collections for raising my taxes.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Can that be one of the Mottos.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I know there are some Moderators that support Hillary here, but they have not been allowed to censor the stuff against her on ATS.
I appreciate that very much considering what has transpired on other websites this round.
With power comes the desire to suppress opinion you are vehemently against, it is human nature.
It's emotional.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

You're darned tootin!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I like this one more.

We are all bored word ninja buddies

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If you like Clinton and Trump threads then this place is paradise. Not everyone likes those types of threads though and such threads have, in my opinion, hurt the quality of the boards. I'm hoping ATS will go back to its original self after the election is over but I have a feeling those same members will either defend or complain about who's in office constantly.

Here's to hoping.
edit on 9/12/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

ATS is great for some topics, not so much for others.

But I will say that the diversity of participants makes for a generally well-informed narrative.

I'll leave it at that..

I appreciate you fully explaing your edit

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm just glad we're not censored like other places and can speak our minds here.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think the balance of the threads will go back more to what it was when I came. There was more variety at least then.

This election has been crazy and not least because each candidate seems to be a virtual walking conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm just glad we're not censored like other places and can speak our minds here.

I see what you did there.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Just being silly.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

edit on 35930America/ChicagoMon, 12 Sep 2016 20:35:46 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Try /r/the_donald as opposed to /r/politics. No standards for the former except you can't question or criticize Trump.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I know there are some Moderators that support Hillary here, but they have not been allowed to censor the stuff against her on ATS.

The ATS Motto "Deny Ignorance" says much of it.

It relies whenever possible on the ATS community to test and scrutinize claims.

"Deny Ignorance" also means that they have little tolerance for indisputable hoaxes and intentional BS.

Curious as to an example of your threads that was deleted on another forum that survived moderation here on ATS?

It would help explain the sentiment in your OP.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You are most certainly welcome.

ATS staff is made up of people of all political leanings. We have right leaning, left leaning, moderates, alien federation...er....never mind that last one......back here.

However, when it comes to moderating, we stick to the TCs here, which were designed to be as objective as possible.

I know some members on here think we favor one side or another, but that simply is not true. If we are made aware of something we look at it, and discuss it. Majority rules in what or does not get done.

I will stress again: we can not read every post and every thread. We simply do not have the time to do that. So if you see something that you think is political trolling, alert us to it.

Oh....except if it's in the Mud Pit....that's what that forum is for. If someone thinks a post is political trolling, but it's in the Mud Pit......don't expect anything to happen. The rules for there are quite clear: No vulgarities and No threats.

Do we disagree back here? Oh yes....oh yes we do! But we all agree that consensus rules too.

We have our on political discussion back here too.....not about you guys or your threads. Just .....political discussions......except.....

....we don't have moderators to mod us......heh....

top topics

join