It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Listen To Donald Trump Bragging That His Building Now Tallest... On 9/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I wasn't even going to harp on him saying it was an "amazing" phone call because I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that it was poor word choice.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
"Donald, uhh, did you have bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning?"
"Well, let me just say I love bacon and eggs, but I had toast with it."

OUTRAGE. TOAST. HE EATS TOAST. NEWS AT 11.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry
"Donald, uhh, did you have bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning?"
"Well, let me just say I love bacon and eggs, but I had toast with it."

OUTRAGE. TOAST. HE EATS TOAST. NEWS AT 11.

Craziness, I was gonna vote for that guy too. I tolerated him for hurting people's feelings and speaking his mind. But tall buildings and now eats toast, I'm over it already.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: eisegesis

He was more or less stating a fact,

...By musing about what an amazing phone call it was when he realized his building was now the tallest in Manhattan?

Sorry, I'm not playing your game of twister.

Trump: "Well it was an amazing phone call." Period

As in, describing the call he received after the first tower was hit, NOT after receiving a phone call about how his building then became the tallest in Manhattan. Second, the reporter literally implies that Trump has a "landmark building" in the question, putting his answer into context.

For reference,

Alan Marcus: Donald uh you have one of the landmark buildings down in the financial district, Forty Wall Street. Ahhh, did you have any damage or did you know ahh.. what's going on down there?

Donald Trump: Well it was an amazing phone call. I mean Forty Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was, actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest and then when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second-tallest, and now it’s the tallest.

edit on 12-9-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Life Size Matters or Life Style Matters? I guess when someone feels they are living large; everyone else takes on this odd concept of being smaller in a Godzilla like fashion also known to destroy buildings but not on just sets... even though some say the trade centers were staged which would technically make them a set.

Kinda reminds me of how in China they don't alert anyone of filming when required in a large metro area, as it takes too much effort and due to population the costs can sky rocket so they hide cameras and start filming the scene and of course... if gun play is involved etc. the reactions are going to appear real to the bystanders or unwitting extras... for some spectacular acting because they aren't.
edit on 12-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: eisegesis

He was more or less stating a fact,

...By musing about what an amazing phone call it was when he realized his building was now the tallest in Manhattan?

Sorry, I'm not playing your game of twister.

Trump: "Well it was an amazing phone call." Period

As in, describing the call he received after the first tower was hit, NOT after receiving a phone call about how his building then became the tallest in Manhattan. Second, the reporter literally implies that Trump has a "landmark building" in the question, putting his answer into context.

For reference,

Alan Marcus: Donald uh you have one of the landmark buildings down in the financial district, Forty Wall Street. Ahhh, did you have any damage or did you know ahh.. what's going on down there?

Donald Trump: Well it was an amazing phone call. I mean Forty Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was, actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest and then when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second-tallest, and now it’s the tallest.

Please! He doesn't even hear the guy's question!

He doesn't even take a breath before he starts musing about how his WAS building was 2nd tallest...and now AMAZING! It's not 2nd any more!

Twister my a$$! His words! His breathless words!

Bad taste leaves a bad taste.

edit on 12-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It's not as bad as I would have thought. Trump speaks off the cuff and in a stream of consciousness manner. The reporter lead the subject and he responded by thinking outloud. He's doing an interview, that's what you're supposed to do....

No quite taken out of context, but really not in context either.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: windword

I wasn't even going to harp on him saying it was an "amazing" phone call because I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that it was poor word choice.

It wasn't just a poor word choice, it was a poor line of thought to go down, period.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Trump is basically a really smart orangutan that gets things done, don't even argue with me about the getting things done comment, he does and he gets my vote. Yes he says dumb sh*t, yes he has an ego, probably has some mental issues but he is still better than Hillary, we need jobs. Trumpangutan gets my vote !

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

edit on 12-9-2016 by beeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: beeyotch
Trump is basically a really smart orangutan that gets things done, don't even argue with me about the getting things done comment, he does and he gets my vote. Yes he says dumb sh*t, yes he has an ego, probably has some mental issues but he is still better than Hillary, we need jobs. Trumpangutan gets my vote !

Lol. He's something. I disagree that he's a better kind of something or that he'll have any serious effect on jobs (particular affer hearing the rambling of Moore to the CNP but that's another thread).

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Oh look people blindly defending Trump.
If Clinton had said something like this Trump supporters would be all over this.
Hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I see a Man there who is Proud of his Accomplishments . Nothing More , Nothing Less .

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

His towers were only the biggest when biggest were brought down. He brags at the expense of lives lost....Yeah great guy.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
It's not as bad as I would have thought. Trump speaks off the cuff and in a stream of consciousness manner. The reporter lead the subject and he responded by thinking outloud. He's doing an interview, that's what you're supposed to do....

No quite taken out of context, but really not in context either.

Doing such is typically a sign of not really listening to what anyone else has to say or de-valuation of another's opinion and feeling ones own has far more value... or the you can't be told anything just grab a few key words comment a reply using those key words that may have absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed at all.

Learning to truly listen to someone can be a very difficult thing to learn and there is an art form to it... it is a signature fault that occurs in many people that tell others what to do without any consideration that may deviate from what that person has in mind or wants to accomplish, whether that information contains why the order isn't a good idea to actually carry out with very valid reasoning.

So of course such a trait is a very dangerous thing to have running a country... as it only seeks yes men and people to carry such out without any question in a shut up and just make it happen sort of fashion. Perfect for dictatorships horrible in politics... that requires listening to the entire population, if listening cannot occur with one individual? Imagine the disaster with millions not being listened too... and well that's kinda how we are where we are as it is already in many nations and countries around the world.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Every time Trump says something wrong it's either misquoted, taken out of the context or [insert a random excuse] according to his supporters. One of the most important skills a politician needs to possess is the ability to speak and communicate. Trump sure does say a lot of stupid things that can be misinterpreted

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

lmao---You win the best reply award-Star and Flagged

top topics

<< 1   >>

join