It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Listen To Donald Trump Bragging That His Building Now Tallest... On 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
In a phone interview with WWOR on 9/11, Donald Trump said something that would have seemed odd coming from somebody who wasn't a sociopath. The comment is made right around 1:50.

Here's my transcription of the section in question:

Alan Marcus: Donald uh you have one of the landmark buildings down in the financial district, Forty Wall Street. Ahhh, did you have any damage or did you know ahh.. what's going on down there?

Donald Trump: Well it was an amazing phone call. I mean Forty Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was, actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest and then when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second-tallest, and now it’s the tallest.

Donald Trump says that Clinton thinks of Americans as objects. I find that to be disingenuous prattle. I'm fairly certain that Trump thinks more highly of objects than people. Most likely they both see people primarily as means to an end, things to be manipulated and perhaps nothing more.

I embedded the video with the full interview. I encourage everyone to give it a listen. While Donald is somber throughout, I can't help but notice that only real concern he expresses over the loss of human life was concern for the well being of his acquaintance and another NY real estate mogul, Larry Silverstein who'd recently just taken over the World Trade Center.
edit on 2016-9-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Better be careful, you might break your arms!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Too soon, Trump!

There's that Donald committing thought crimes again.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

What were you thinking on 9/11?

When you saw the videos of people jumping from buildings to escape the flames? After the collapses, seeing people surrounded by clouds of dust and ash on the streets holding one another up with tears tracing tracks down their dust covered faces?

I guarantee what you thought and more importantly felt was completely different from what was going on Trump's mind.

edit on 2016-9-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Too soon, Trump!

There's that Donald committing thought crimes again.

Thought crime? Now that's a stretch. I didn't say that what he said was socially unaccpetable, politically incorrect or anything of the sort. I simply stated my opinion that his comments indicate that Trump might lack an ability to genuinely empathize with others, particularly the bit about his building being the tallest again.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
question:
Alan Marcus: Donald uh you have one of the landmark buildings down in the financial district, Forty Wall Street. Ahhh, did you have any damage or did you know ahh.. what's going on down there?

Donald Trump: Well it was an amazing phone call. I mean Forty Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was, actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest and then when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second-tallest, and now it’s the tallest.

goodness he answered a question about a building after being directly asked about it, this is your big bash trump justification?. talk about grasping at straws, pathetic.

you should retrain your focus to the traitorous crimes of criminal hillary, lest you be a traitor yourself...
edit on 12-9-2016 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Tall buildings were deliberately targeted.

The reporterr is the one whi brought it up precisely because it is a well known landmark building near the largest islamic terrorist attack in US history.

They were right to be concerned.

Who is the real sociopath here?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

He was asked if his building was damaged. Not how it ranked in terms of highest buildings in NYC with the collapse of the WTC.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Maaaan!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Thought crime? Now that's a stretch. I didn't say that what he said was socially unaccpetable, politically incorrect or anything of the sort. I simply stated my opinion that his comments indicate that Trump might lack an ability to genuinely empathize with others, particularly the bit about his building being the tallest again.

That's even more of a stretch. He said he called his friend Larry (the guy who owned WTC) because he was worried he was in there. But I bet he did it because he wanted to gloat in Larry's face or something.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

He was asked about security precautions, yes and he answerd that question. A minute later he was asked if 40 Wall Street sustained any damage and he thought it was a reasonable time to mention that his building was now the tallest in NYC.

They were right to be concerned.

Now you're just being outright intellectually dishonest.

Who is the real sociopath here?

Still Donald Trump the guy who thinks so highly of his supporters that he will say straight to your faces that he could shoot somebody in the middle of Fifth Avenue and you're so incapable of objectivity and so taken with his persona that you'd go right on supporting him as if nothing happened.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

He was asked if his building was damaged. Not how it ranked in terms of highest buildings in NYC with the collapse of the WTC.

Did you just choose not to read your own post? Lol.

He was specifically asked about his landmark building and what's going on down there. And part of it being a landmark is its height, whether you like it or not.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

As a 'anyone but Hillary' supporter, Trump is an egocentric prick. Winning is everything to him and it doesn't shock me that he'd loosely brag about having the tallest building in New York with little shame.

But frankly, after dealing with 8 years of a weak kneed president, I'd like to see someone in the Oval whose ego drives him. Trump needs to be worshiped and he'll bend over backwards to for praise.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I mentioned toward the bottom of the OP that he said that he'd called Larry Silverstein.

Do you believe that everyone Trump knows is an actual friend of his? My opinion is that the majority if not all of his "friendships" are likely quite transactional in nature so my guess would be that he was probably going through the motions. You're opinion is clearly different.

It's certainly not a crime to be a sociopath. They're not exactly uncommon either. Though I would say it would make his comments about Clinton regarding the "basket of deplorables" statement rather disingenuous.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Well from my 'anyone but Trump' perspective, I agree that he's an egocentrick prick (and some other words). I have no love for Hillary either. I don't see Obama as "weak kneed." Would you have a better opinion of him if we'd put boots on the ground in Syria and added another occupation to our collection?

Trump needs to be worshiped and he'll bend over backwards to for praise.

That's an interesting if disgusting proposition. Regarding Clinton, I think her own penchant for flip-flopping shows that she can be pushed to the left of her own neoliberalism if it makes her more popular. In either case, we're both talking about stroking the egos of egomaniacs to get a desired result. I don't think it would be necessary to worship Hillary though.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

So you can HONESTLY say that in that position if you were asked this question:

"did you have any damage or did you know ahh.. what's going on down there"

Your response wouldn't be about damage to your building but rather to point out that your building had once more become the tallest in NYC?

C'mon. I think you know it wouldn't be and that there's something a bit off about that answer.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

My personal view of Obama is that he was 'green' when he took office and relies solely on advisors. He's been in over his head for 8 years but he can read the hell out of a teleprompter.

Anyone paying enough attention can see that Hillary and Trump are but a few clicks apart on social issues. They are both running for power and not personal beliefs.

And you are right, Hillary doesn't require praise while Trump does. If you've studied (or are familiar with) MBTI - Trump is an ENTJ and Hillary is an INTJ.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I agree with you. It's an extremely inappropriate and revealing affect, especially so close to the actual event, and not him musing about it on an anniversary. This comment, among many others, exposes Trumps lack of empathy. Just like this comment does......

According to a well-known anecdote, one day when he was $1 billion in debt, Trump pointed out a homeless man to his daughter and said, "See that bum? He has a billion dollars more than me."
www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
He was more or less stating a fact, likely to be perceived with more than less innuendo because of who said it.

Especially by his opponents.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

He was more or less stating a fact,

...By musing about what an amazing phone call it was when he realized his building was now the tallest in Manhattan?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join