It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Board - How To Use (Spirit/Talking Board)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
I say, let's get ouija boards into the schools, kindergarten classes, etc -- let the kids see from an early age how stupid and ridiculous they are, so they can grow up laughing at the older generations who actually believed they worked.

Ouija boards do work, at least in the sense that the marker moves without people thinking they are doing it.

Still waiting for a response from you so I'll just say it again...
Anything which can deceive people into thinking they can access a higher authority is dangerous.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar
I'd disagree - they do not work and you have to be very gullible to believe that you and your chums are not moving the pointer.

For a ouija board to actually 'work' as perceived or purported, then you would need genuine proof that you have a spirit in the room who is actually dictating answers, which is information no one participating in the event would know, as well as that information being true and verifiable.

Because, as I have said before, the entire premise only works on 2 things :

1) you and others touching the pointer - it doesn't move by itself. if it did THEN we're talking about something cool.
2) your sub/unconscious mind - as that is where the 'answers' come from.

Why don't these spirits move the pointer themselves? If you argue the can't and need you to do it for them, then how is that information coming to you? If via some etherial telepathy, then why bother with the pointer and not just tell you in your mind?

The reason why not : because it isn't real. It's a gimmick. A trick, a bit of hoaxy fun for you and your gullible mates to enjoy. There is no danger, there is no threat. Only what you, as a human being, create for yourself in your own mind

Anything which can deceive people into thinking they can access a higher authority is dangerous.

I also disagree. Meditation and yoga are two practices people often use to connect, spiritually, with their higher selves or some other form of disconnection to themselves. Arguably a higher authority, depending on your point of view or belief.

Neither of which is dangerous.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme
So you claim they don't work then follow it up explaining how they work.

Which is it?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Sigh... I explained how they *don't* work as the delusional believers think they do.

Surely you understood that or are you being intentionally stubborn?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Thank you. I expected the opposite response, so Im pleased you agree. There are things in this world we shouldnt mess with...and this is one of them.

From personal experience, professional opinions-past...but many just wont agree out of lack of knowledge with them, experience or testimonials from those foolish enough to mess around with them.

Prayer can open doors, and evil can answer questions...as well as open doors that cannot be closed. Thanks again...yours is the only post I will respond to.

I wont even devote any more energy to give it strength...Some things in this world...are best left in the other world.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

Thanks for the opportunity
at self promotion. A little trailer we did to try and find and executive producer for the feature.

edit on 14-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

oooooh....paranormal something eh?
edit on 14-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Surely you understood that or are you being intentionally stubborn?

I'm not being intentionally stubborn, you said you disagreed with my premise that...
"Ouija boards do work, at least in the sense that the marker moves without people thinking they are doing it. "

Everything you've said supports what I said so I'm a little confused with what you are trying to argue.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The folks who think this is nothing are the ones who later become the most damaged by them. I know of a case personally where 2 people used a spirit board for a number of years and nothing ever happened in the slightest, until one day they decided to hike up to an old grave yard where mafia gangsters were buried and they went at night and did their thing and then they found out what a true mistake it was after all to use them.

How is that, in anyway, linked to a Ouija board? And what was the 'true mistake' ? You neglected to say. Did they stub their toes on tree roots? Lose their wallets?

That's like saying, I used a Ouija board 10 years ago, then yesterday, went into a known gangland neighbourhood carrying a bag with '$' signs on it. There's no correlation unless you infer one.

So since you already "proved" to yourself it is all harmless and a joke, it is a good thing, because you are not using these boards anymore,, so what you believe doesn't matter since you are not using them now. Other people have not been so lucky.

Unless you have documented video evidence of a Ouija board pointer moving on its own WITHOUT people touching it -- it's bogus. And there's nothing to fear from what isn't real apart from fear itself.

All your questions have long been answered for those with the desire to know. You lack the desire to know the answers, so you are in a static state of unknowing. IF you wanted to know you would already know.

Also, for anyone who wants to read a true episode of what can happen with spirit boards:
Planchet that catches fire
edit on 14-9-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Bloody Mary.
Bloody Mary.
Bloody Mary.

And make that last one a double.

Got a mirror? How about a ladder?

Let's see....black cat...what else.

Superstition ain't the way.

Love that old Stevie Wonder song! I was knee high to a short bus when that song was a top 40 hit

I also got a brand new spirit board from my Christian parents who were quite stupid about such things back in those days, and thankfully nothing ever happened bad, but I was always quite creeped out by that thing and only participated once in using it, but it bothered me quite a bit to even look at the board.

I had other friends who weren't so lucky when they used their own boards and I convinced my parents that the use of such things weren't "kosher" so to speak and we threw it out.

The proof some people seek and demand for this kind of thing is never worth it in the long run. The board is just paper and plastic, but the human spirit and the intent behind attempting to summon the dead is where the danger lies.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I've never used an ouija board, but I've heard of a few really negative experiences with them from people. (including one that I trust 100% not to lie about what he saw) The way I look at it, there are two possibilities regarding ouija boards, depending on whether you believe they are capable of paranormal phenomena or not.

1) They are just pieces of wood or plastic that do nothing except waste your time because they don't have any power
2) They are extremely dangerous objects that can summon evil spirits

Neither one of these things is something I want to do with my time. I don't know for sure if ouija boards work or not, as I have never personally used one, but every single story I have heard regarding them ends in either scenario 1 or 2 above. They're either a waste of time or a huge danger. I have never heard of anyone benefiting from using one in any way. So I stay away from them. I have better things to do than stare at an ouija board that doesn't do anything, and I certainly have better things to do than invite some malevolent entity into my presence. No reason to take the risk.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There is a 3rd route to these boards.

Termed the Ideomotor phenomenon

I have not had negative experiences because I approached this at the beginning through this route.

Not through superstitions.

Here are some links referring to ideomotor effect and it's research with talking boards.

Ouija board helps psychologists probe the subconscious

Ouija Boards Are Even Creepier When You Know How They Work

UBC researchers use Ouija boards to tap the subconscious

Like I said. I explore this board using this philosophy.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That looks like something I would love to see!

I had a board when I was a teenager. Nothing ever happened with it, but for some reason I had this idea to take a deck of cards and pull out so many at a time. The cards like say a number 3 would represent the 3rd letter of the alphabet, the number 4 would be the letter D, the fourth letter of the alphabet. My friend and I got freaked out when the letters could be made into words and made sense in a sentence. We never tried it again. Spooked the hell out of us.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hehe, yeah my only "spooky" experience was about 20 years ago. Myself and a friend were trying it, sitting next to a humidifier with an ashtray on it ( I know, weird but sets up the story).

We asked some questions and got a little movement but on the second or 3rd question asked, the ashtray fell off of the humidifier and scared the crap out of us.

I feel it was just weird timing and the vibration of the humidifier it sat upon, made the ashtray fall off at just the right time. It is odd though, growing up in that house with smokers, the ashtray was on that item alot but never once fell before or after. So I always chalked it up to something peculiar but nothing sinister.

Didn't touch the board until more recent times but that was not out of fear. The board just is one among many that we played with as kids and moved onto a million other things. Only to be forgot about until many years later.

I have my thoughts and views about talking boards but at the end of the day I definitely do not have any answers.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Lol, just bc its not scientifically explained doesn't mean it's not real...remember we used to think the earth was flat?

I'm convinced that anyone who strictly sticks to only scientifically proven data is just a small-minded boring idiot. Not to be confused in thinking I said scientist are boring, I'm sure they have a broad mind.

edit on 17-9-2016 by veracity because: Additional verbiage

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

remember we used to think the earth was flat?

Some people, maybe. There are some on ATS who claim to think so. But no, not really, no.
www.newsweek.com...
edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My point being that our human race does not always know the answers...yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well there have been several hundred years in which superstitious nonsense has been going away because science has shown it to be just that.
Should we start blaming bad stuff on witches? Disease on evil spirits? Again?

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Science has not proven anything...meaning it has no proof of the afterlife.

That does not mean they have proof there is not an afterlife. Actually, recently, they have found proof of our soul leaving our body when we die.

Be sure not to twist words and ideas...scientists would not like that.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Actually, recently, they have found proof of our soul leaving our body when we die.
Really? Tell me more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join