It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Board - How To Use (Spirit/Talking Board)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Just going by the title of your thread, my strong advice to you is, DO NOT USE IT!

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Nothing negative.

Ouija helped introduce me to Tarot and other ideas.

Which lead me into the entire mystery school philosophy.

Which then lead me to create a paranormal legends video series and other creations.

So if anything, the strange ideas opened up a new world for me to explore. And yes I realize there is dark negative stuff associated to all of this phenomenon. But that is only 50%. The other half is the exact opposite and I have focused on that side. Because I am not a negative person. So all of my research has been light hearted, like me. Thus I have not been attacked by "demons" or have stuff thrown, nor scratches and the like.

I also was not raised with any religion, so to me these "things" are not constrained to stereotypes or being confined to one definition. In my reality.

edit on 9/13/2016 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

You do understand these are not actually communicating with dead people or demons?

The movement of the pointer is based solely on you and those touching it, through one's subconscious.

These are toys, amusements. It is not real. I proved this to myself many years ago by standing in the room where my "grandmother" was apparently in. When I wasn't touching the pointer, no answer about me that I know she knew, was correct.

Assuming it wasnt her (which it wasnt) and was someone else (which it wasn't - it was only those using the pointer) - when I held up fingers behind my back that none of the pointer users could see and asked said spirit how many fingers was I holding up - it was never correct.

So yes, it's all bunk. It isn't real. Whatever ghosties or ghoulies you believe you are communicating with, you are not. It's all in your mind. So is the perceived 'after effects' of paranormal activity. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You'd get more information out of a bag of dog sh*t than using a Quija board.

edit on 13-9-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Any who say ouija boards are useless are dead smack wrong.

They're very handy for carrying tasty beverages and delicious snacks for friends and family to share. And that, my friends, is at times very essential.

Edit: Damn, now I want an ale and some nachos...
edit on 13-9-2016 by subject x because: I got hungry

edit on 13-9-2016 by subject x because: Thirsty, too

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You can make a ouija board with a sharpie and wood floor. All you need is the alphabet, yes, no, numbers and a cup. This door to the other side so to say is available everywhere at any time.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Not that it's ideal, but it's sometimes nice to be ignorant of the afterlife.

I'm glad I'm not tho.

edit on 13-9-2016 by veracity because: Additional additions

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
using a Quija Board can lead to hearing voices and other such unpleasant intrusions into your life... it's not worth messing with
edit on 13-9-2016 by jerseyguy77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Its not a game. Its not "fun". Its dangerous...and I dont expect you to listen. Dont be foolish. But respectfully? You sound foolish already.

Good luck...Ill pray for you. And any "naysayers" who want to tell me Im wrong? Dont bother. Im not. You are.

Whilst I don't believe ghosts are spending eternity entertaining at slumber parties I still think you can make a clear case that it is dangerous to play around with ouija boards.

Many people have had bad experiences with these boards and even if it just their own head playing with them it's probably best to avoid that.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Not that it's ideal, but it's sometimes nice to be ignorant of the afterlife.
I'm glad I'm not tho.

Of course, what with Ouija boards being an accepted scientific method to communicate with the obviously proven realm of the afterlife.

And also because these dead afterlife spirits (or demons, cos, we all know Hell is real!) have nothing better to do than to communicate through a board with 5 morons pushing a pointer around with their fingers, telling them information they already know.

Yup. Sounds fab!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
...I still think you can make a clear case that it is dangerous to play around with ouija boards.

Please make that clear case for me.

How is it possible for using a Ouija board to be dangerous? Apart from using it in a minefield or while running with scissors?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
How is it possible for using a Ouija board to be dangerous? Apart from using it in a minefield or while running with scissors?

Just a hypothetical example. Say I really don't like someone and I ask the Ouija board what to do.

I personally want to kill the person but want to appeal to the spirits for a better solution. These "spirits" tell me I'm right and I should kill that person.

All of a sudden I've been able to confirm my thoughts with a greater being and have been able to justify my actions.

The reality of the situation is irrelevant to the results.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I would posit that you would gain whatever confirmation you seek by whatever means.

Interesting defense; "the ouija said it was ok."
edit on 9/14/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm not suggesting there's any reality to the process, just that there can be obvious dangers.

And whilst in this example I "could" gain confirmation other ways there is no way you can say with certainty that I "would".

Anything which can deceive people into thinking they can access a higher authority is dangerous.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
...I still think you can make a clear case that it is dangerous to play around with ouija boards.

Please make that clear case for me.

The folks who think this is nothing are the ones who later become the most damaged by them. I know of a case personally where 2 people used a spirit board for a number of years and nothing ever happened in the slightest, until one day they decided to hike up to an old grave yard where mafia gangsters were buried and they went at night and did their thing and then they found out what a true mistake it was after all to use them. So since you already "proved" to yourself it is all harmless and a joke, it is a good thing, because you are not using these boards anymore,, so what you believe doesn't matter since you are not using them now. Other people have not been so lucky.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Bloody Mary.
Bloody Mary.
Bloody Mary.

And make that last one a double.

Got a mirror? How about a ladder?

Let's see....black cat...what else.

Superstition ain't the way.

edit on 9/14/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

In that scenario, you're making the assumption that said spirits are real and have only confirmed your deluded fantasy of murder.

There is no evidence whatsoever that any paranormal entity 'confirmed' or 'condemned' your thought process.

It was you the whole time. So again... what did the Ouija board do, apart from, as Phage pointed out, allow you to say, "Well, the spirits said it was ok, so...."

Good luck with that defence in court.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

So again... what did the Ouija board do, apart from, as Phage pointed out, allow you to say, "Well, the spirits said it was ok, so...."

That's all it needs to do to be dangerous.

I never made the assumption that the spirits are real. The danger I speak of only really applies with the assumption they aren't real.

As I said earlier, Anything which can deceive people into thinking they can access a higher authority is dangerous.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The folks who think this is nothing are the ones who later become the most damaged by them. I know of a case personally where 2 people used a spirit board for a number of years and nothing ever happened in the slightest, until one day they decided to hike up to an old grave yard where mafia gangsters were buried and they went at night and did their thing and then they found out what a true mistake it was after all to use them.

How is that, in anyway, linked to a Ouija board? And what was the 'true mistake' ? You neglected to say. Did they stub their toes on tree roots? Lose their wallets?

That's like saying, I used a Ouija board 10 years ago, then yesterday, went into a known gangland neighbourhood carrying a bag with '$' signs on it. There's no correlation unless you infer one.

So since you already "proved" to yourself it is all harmless and a joke, it is a good thing, because you are not using these boards anymore,, so what you believe doesn't matter since you are not using them now. Other people have not been so lucky.

Unless you have documented video evidence of a Ouija board pointer moving on its own WITHOUT people touching it -- it's bogus. And there's nothing to fear from what isn't real apart from fear itself.
edit on 14-9-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

i have other views about christianity, so i will not throw the jesus card at you. Think of it this way:
there are forces out there that are not "human friendly" in fact rather nasty.
There is real danger here, you may have been manipulated without you realizing, into drawing others less
strong than you into the dark arts.

whover plays with the board does so at their own peril
on mobile sorry about sentence structure

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
there are forces out there that are not "human friendly" in fact rather nasty.

What forces? What are they? How is this fact? I used a ouija board for ages when I was younger and nothing bad ever happened.

I never saw demons or ghoulies or other nasty beasts. Can you please detail exactly how this happens and what unfriendly forces are at play when you use a piece of wood with letters on it?

To that point, how would using said piece of wood or hard cardboard with letters and numbers painted on it invoke the wrath of the netherworld, as opposed to just 'speaking out loud' or thinking it? How does a ouija board, a mass-manufactured object, "link" to spirits? There is nothing.

Apart from your own belief that it does. And the human mind is very powerful when it comes to seeing or hearing things that aren't really there.

I say, let's get ouija boards into the schools, kindergarten classes, etc -- let the kids see from an early age how stupid and ridiculous they are, so they can grow up laughing at the older generations who actually believed they worked.

edit on 14-9-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join