It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Lapse Sky Shows Earth Rotating Instead of Stars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just a cool video I have just found.

Does this also lay to rest the flat earth stuff?.
Anyhow enjoy and do not get vertigo like I have.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Yup, instant vertigo!

Reminds me of this video - the music is beautiful and the motions are hypnotizing:

edit on 12-9-2016 by SentientCentenarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I would guess, no. But cool nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

/sarcasm

You mean this video from a camera on a rocket,
launching from earth ... all the way ... to orbit
isn't proof enough!!!? Even timestop 2:22 with
the curve of the Earth visible right there!?

FLat EArtH just couldn't be the WoRk of SHILLS .... >.> .... could it ?
/end sarcasm

By the way, nice video.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The video I posted shows something else that most people don't think about - we are always moving through 'new' space; we're always plowing into new unknown territory with more or less dust (comets, asteroids, godknowswhat) and therefore we're always in more danger than if we were just retracing the same steps.

Just something to keep you up at night...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Cool effect locking the camera to a point in the sky so it rotates on that axis point, instead of locked to a static ground position.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
prove that the camera is actually not moving.

Everything in space, the whole universe is moving

How does one know for sure that anything is stationary?

You can't base it on anything because it is moving too.
edit on 12-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Just a cool video I have just found.

Anyhow enjoy and do not get vertigo like I have.

It actually debunks it,

The earth spins on a 23.5 degrees axis, what that means is, If you can picture some on a bicycle cycling round a circular track, Then picture the cyclist spinning on his seat while cycling round round the track, Thats what "spinning on an axis" means.

The 23.5 degrees bit just means the cyclist would be leaning over (23.5 degrees) at an odd angle while going round...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
The video I posted shows something else that most people don't think about - we are always moving through 'new' space; we're always plowing into new unknown territory with more or less dust (comets, asteroids, godknowswhat) and therefore we're always in more danger than if we were just retracing the same steps.

Quite right, We are ploughing through at 100'000 MPH, Actually, the sun is, And its pulling us with it

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Flat Earther's could just pool their money together, less than a grand, and attach their own Go Pro to a weather balloon. You can buy everything you need on amazon. Seriously, there are YouTube vids of kids doing this.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Quite right, We are ploughing through at 100'000 MPH, Actually, the sun is, And its pulling us with it

Uh no, even if the sun stopped existing right this second we'd keep traveling in roughly the same trajectory through the galaxy; we share the sun's direction of travel relative to the galaxy, it doesn't have to "pull us with it" to keep us moving through the galaxy. That is the false claim of that "vortex video" which is not an accurate depiction of our solar system's motion relative to the galaxy; the planets do not "trail" the sun.

The solar apex, our solar system's direction of travel relative to the local stars projected onto the sky has the coordinates of about 18hr RA, +30 degrees Dec (books.google.com/books?id=RacoITLoz_oC&pg=PA350&lpg=PA350&dq=solar+apex+coordinates&source=bl&ots=Q58OU7qiM0&sig=Dmkn_a5aB_ehvan3Pv0i72t8d2E&hl=en&sa =X&ei=EA7LUNXgB6nE2gWxiYCwCA&ved=0CFoQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=solar%20apex%20coordinates&f=false ) whereas our north ecliptic pole has coordinates of about 18hr RA, +66.5 degrees Dec. Therefore, our planet is at some points in its orbit "ahead" of the sun in the sun's direction of travel, specifically this condition is at its peak when the sun's position along the ecliptic in our sky is at 6hr RA, in other words, at the June solstice.

Even if you consider the motion of the local standard of rest within the arms of our galaxy and look at the motion of our sun relative to the galactic center ( www.gb.nrao.edu... ) we are still not moving towards the ecliptic pole and we are still ahead of our sun at certain times of the year (in the latter case the vector of our direction of travel points to about 20h 57m, +47d 53' which is separated from our ecliptic pole by about 30 degrees and places us ahead of the sun relative to its direction of travel in August).

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Uh no, even if the sun stopped existing right this second we'd keep traveling in roughly the same trajectory through the galaxy; we share the sun's direction of travel relative to the galaxy, it doesn't have to "pull us with it" to keep us moving through the galaxy. That is the false claim of that "vortex video" which is not an accurate depiction of our solar system's motion relative to the galaxy; the planets do not "trail" the sun.

The solar apex, our solar system's direction of travel relative to the local stars projected onto the sky has the coordinates of about 18hr RA, +30 degrees Dec (books.google.com/books?id=RacoITLoz_oC&pg=PA350&lpg=PA350&dq=solar+apex+coordinates&source=bl&ots=Q58OU7qiM0&sig=Dmkn_a5aB_ehvan3Pv0i72t8d2E&hl=en&sa =X&ei=EA7LUNXgB6nE2gWxiYCwCA&ved=0CFoQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=solar%20apex%20coordinates&f=false ) whereas our north ecliptic pole has coordinates of about 18hr RA, +66.5 degrees Dec. Therefore, our planet is at some points in its orbit "ahead" of the sun in the sun's direction of travel, specifically this condition is at its peak when the sun's position along the ecliptic in our sky is at 6hr RA, in other words, at the June solstice.

Even if you consider the motion of the local standard of rest within the arms of our galaxy and look at the motion of our sun relative to the galactic center ( www.gb.nrao.edu... ) we are still not moving towards the ecliptic pole and we are still ahead of our sun at certain times of the year (in the latter case the vector of our direction of travel points to about 20h 57m, +47d 53' which is separated from our ecliptic pole by about 30 degrees and places us ahead of the sun relative to its direction of travel in August).

Someone owns a telescope.....

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

“When I opened my eyes I saw nothing but the pool of nocturnal sky, for I was lying on my back with out-stretched arms, face to face with that hatchery of stars. Only half awake, still unaware that those depths were sky, having no roof between those depths and me, no branches to screen them, no root to cling to, I was seized with vertigo and felt myself as if flung forth and plunging downward like a diver.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars

Lovely video. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Comets and asteroids are part of the Solar System, and they are moving along with us. Unless our system collides with another system head-on, we're plowing through empty space.

new topics

top topics

join