It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Calls For No Debate Moderators

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My point is, either he calls for a debate with no moderators, or he thinks there should be a debate with no moderators. One is a demand, the other is a statement of opinion.

I took it as calling for one. At the end of the day, the system you believe should be in place, is the one that you would personally like to see. He made it clear that he would personally like a no moderator debate. To me that means he thinks official debates should be without moderators.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Fantastic. And? I heard and understood that the first time you said it. Repeating it over and over isn't going to make me believe you.
edit on 12-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

a reply to: Byrd

Apparently Hilary Clinton asked the same of Obama in 2008:

AFTER....21 moderated debates with Pres. Obama
en.wikipedia.org...

And that was for the Democratic Nomination.

Trump is chickening out of the FIRST Presidential debate.......At a minimum setting the stage for him to back out and at least working hard to lower the expectations of his followers.

He is the WORST loser I have ever seen...He shouts how everything is rigged against him...unless he wins..the he boasts.

Except he hasn't chickened out of the first debate.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You don't have to believe me. I'm just saying you're wrong, and that is the reason why.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I haven't read the article yet, but considering she's been caught wearing an ear piece, no moderator would not allow her to have predetermined responses to questions. She'd have to wing it just like trump does, and I'm sure she wouldn't want that at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You don't have to believe me. I'm just saying you're wrong, and that is the reason why.

Cool. I think you are wrong. Now what?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Trump is such a high-maintenance little wimp. People talk as though Hillary might back out of debates when clearly Trump has been the questionable candidate all along.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Apparently Hilary Clinton asked the same of Obama in 2008:

AFTER....21 moderated debates with Pres. Obama
en.wikipedia.org...

And that was for the Democratic Nomination.

Trump is chickening out of the FIRST Presidential debate.......At a minimum setting the stage for him to back out and at least working hard to lower the expectations of his followers.

He is the WORST loser I have ever seen...He shouts how everything is rigged against him...unless he wins..the he boasts.

Except he hasn't chickened out of the first debate.

Oh....Give it time..

He has questioned the format, the dates, the potential moderators...and now moderators as a concept.

He is positioning himself for skipping the debates.

He just needs to position his supporters to back the decision before he does.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Cool. I think you are wrong. Now what?

You have not provided any reason nor argument as to why, save for your reading into Trump's statement of opinion as a call for no moderators.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I will give it time and will admit I was wrong when/if the debate happens, and I hope you will do the same.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That's because I'm tired of talking in circles. Why you keep responding to me is beyond me, but I'll make it obvious now since my subtlety is flying over your head that we should just agree to disagree because I think your evidence is just as flimsy as you think my evidence is.
edit on 12-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abinkadoo
I haven't read the article yet, but considering she's been caught wearing an ear piece,

She was caught having reasonably clean ears.

Be good to your brain.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's because I'm tired of talking in circles. Why.

The circular conversation is not an accident, it is a strategy...and an exhausting one.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You keep responding to me. I don't shy from debate. You had no evidence to begin with, have mistaken a statement of opinion as a demand, and do not accept counter argument. All this while chastising Trump for his opinions on debates. Good form.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Where have I made a circular argument?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Where have I made a circular argument?

I'd answer that, but no doubt it would lead to you spending the next 5 pages debating the difference in definitions between "call" and "opinion"...

It is your MO to choose some item inconsequential to the core of the discussion and then focus there as if the entire OP hinged on it....

...whilst completely avoiding the substance of the OP which is Trump's vocal aversion to being moderated (e.g. questioned and the expectation of giving a relevant answer, challenged on fully non-true or non-factual claims)
edit on 12-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

No moderator would be a mess. I don't doubt it would get high ratings, but would anything be accomplished? It would literally be two people shouting at each other for a couple hours. Have you ever watched a serious argument between a couple that dislikes each other? That's what we would be watching... what would be accomplished?

I'm sold. I would totally watch that, and I don't even vote.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

...whilst completely avoiding the substance of the OP which is Trump's vocal aversion to being moderated (e.g. questioned and the expectation of giving a relevant answer, challenged on fully non-true or non-factual claims)

I would agree that Trump has an aversion to being moderated, for the exact reasons he stated. But the OP has missed the entire substance of Trump's claims in order to focus on half a sentence of it.

As a straw man argument, which is frequently found in politics, it involves quoting an opponent out of context in order to misrepresent their position (typically to make it seem more simplistic or extreme) in order to make it easier to refute.

Quoting out of Context

Guilty as charged.
edit on 12-9-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Does Trump do that regularly? or are you referring specifically to this article?

In regards to this thread, he was obviously using 3rd person as part of the narrative as if enacting a conversation about him between two other people, & he then said "I" when he went back to his main point.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I would agree that Trump has an aversion to being moderated, for the exact reasons he stated.

I believe Trump feels he is entitled to be dishonest. It has served him well.
David Remnick of The New Yorker described it this way..
"He does not so much struggle with the truth as strangle it altogether."
Or as Trump's biographer and Author of "The Art of the Deal" put it..
"“He lied strategically. He had a complete lack of conscience about it.”

He derides and demonizes the press because it is their responsibility to question those lies.
He resorts to hundreds of libel suits when they do not abide by his mistruths..boasting that he does it to financially harm them even when the cases are unwinnable.
He has black-listed and forbidden reporters whose questions he did not like from attending his press conferences.
He famously had a Univision reporter ejected from one of his press conferences..

He NEEDS to be dishonest and on a CONSISTENT basis...

THAT is why he would like their to be no Moderator..

www.newyorker.com...
www.newyorker.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join