It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IBT: How Joe Biden Could Become The Next President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
David Shuster tweets that Democratic delegates are stating they are leaning towards replacing Clinton with Biden should she decide to drop out of the race.

The Tweet

International Business Times expounds on this further:

IBT article here

The rumors started flying Monday morning when author Cokie Roberts told NPR that Clinton's emergency departure from a 9/11 event over the weekend had Democratic leaders "very nervously beginning to whisper about having her step aside and finding another candidate." She debunked the idea, but added that "ironically, the candidate that everybody looks at is Joe Biden," the Washington Post reported. Then former Al Jazeera America reporter David Shuster tweeted that a Democratic National Committee delegate told him there was "every indication" they'd back Biden instead of Clinton's one-time rival, Bernie Sanders, or her running mate, Tim Kaine.

How do you feel this would affect the race? How will Bernie Sanders' supporters, many of which already feel marginalized to varying degrees, receive this outcome? I'm not even a Sanders supporter and that would upset me quite a bit. Should Hillary drop out, he deserves the run after such an impressive showing in the primary. A primary Biden never had to contend in, at that.

edit on 9/12/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish

This election has been a perfect example of how to rig an election.

It's so blatant that they aren't even trying to hide things any more.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So . . . just like that? You really think Uncle Joe is going to transition from Obama's assurance to not be assassinated (after all nobody would EVER want Biden as president), to becoming the magical back-up plan for HiLIARy?

Give me a break, the man is incompetent.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised they try going here.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Interesting. The Dems might then have a chance. Most of us truthfully know virtually zero about Biden, other than he at this point would have no apparent baggage. Many Repub's might even consider him.www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-9-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Let first say that I despise Clinton. I think she is evil incarnate.

But man!

She falls ill and the sharks start circling!

Makes me wonder if they know the real score on her health and we're being fed bull.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

He's no more incompetent than Obama and has tons more experience. he's a genial man without extreme views. He's a middle-of-the-road kind of guy and I believe the public would like him in contrast with all this extremist rhetoric put out by both the left and the right. He's kind of like Gerald Ford, who was never considered all that intellectual, but who managed to serve after a very contentious time in American politics with humor and good grace. People didn't hate him like they hated Nixon, and he did a good job as care-taker for the short time he was there. Then we listened to Carter, an outsider, talking about the need to reform, and that whole thing turned into a disaster.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It like we are all in one car with bad tires.
Now the tires all collectively "going bad", unraveling, blowing out, sending us all end over end and leaving us as a nation upside down in our "car" in a swamp full of alligators.

That's how I see this Hillary mess playing out so far.

edit on 12-9-2016 by grubblesnert because: give me a m!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Interesting. The Dems might then have a chance. Most of us truthfully know virtually zero about Biden, other than he at this point would have no apparent baggage. Many Repub's might even consider him.www.youtube.com...

I take issue with Biden on several things, personally (most of all his contribution to the failed War on Drugs and mass incarceration ) but I do agree that he would likely be a better choice for the Democrats than Clinton, on paper (as you say, in terms of baggage).

I'm not sure he wouldn't get walked all over during a protracted campaign but it's hard to say. I think they would have an even better chance with Sanders, personally, considering the massive popular support he has garnered. Pre-election cycle, Biden may have been a more common-sense choice but I am not so sure that is the case at this point.

All said, what Sanders may or may not have accomplished could end up meaning very little if the DNC continues to ignore voters' wishes. Such an interesting scenario we may be faced with here!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Let first say that I despise Clinton. I think she is evil incarnate.

But man!

She falls ill and the sharks start circling!

Makes me wonder if they know the real score on her health and we're being fed bull.

I think if the health issues bear out, what you're suggesting will ultimately have to have been true. People on the inside must know if she is seriously ill.

If she turns out to be very sick, I'm pretty sure a cover-up was perpetrated on us the whole time. If this is the case, it seems Bernie may not have ever had a real chance to begin with!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

He's no more incompetent than Obama and has tons more experience. he's a genial man without extreme views. He's a middle-of-the-road kind of guy and I believe the public would like him in contrast with all this extremist rhetoric put out by both the left and the right. He's kind of like Gerald Ford, who was never considered all that intellectual, but who managed to serve after a very contentious time in American politics with humor and good grace. People didn't hate him like they hated Nixon, and he did a good job as care-taker for the short time he was there. Then we listened to Carter, an outsider, talking about the need to reform, and that whole thing turned into a disaster.

Good comparative points! I think there are certainly some things Biden could be pounded on but I think a massive portion of the public would see him as a breath of fresh air in the midst of all the extreme rhetoric, whatever the truth of him may actually be.

Do you think this perception of Biden would benefit the Democrats moreso than the populist support Bernie has garnered throughout the cycle?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I have been saying this for months. Joe didn't have the emotional energy to campaign after the death of Beau. Hillary did the leg work. He will step in right where she left off.

Trump has been prepping for Hillary. He has so much ammunition against her, he would probably win. Against Joe, however, he would have to totally change tactics.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I have been saying this for months. Joe didn't have the emotional energy to campaign after the death of Beau. Hillary did the leg work. He will step in right where she left off.

Trump has been prepping for Hillary. He has so much ammunition against her, he would probably win. Against Joe, however, he would have to totally change tactics.

Indeed, pretty sure I remember seeing your name bring the theory up one of the few times I've seen it mentioned here.

If it does play out this way, one would be hard-pressed to convince me that your theory isn't dead on and that it wasn't the plan all along.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't think they can go with Biden. He hasn't campaigned, shows no real interest in it, and doesn't have a support staff. Bernie would be a logical choice.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Biden a creepy old man, something not right about him.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-9-2016 by Echo007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If the DNC push Bidden, even more Sanders supporters will go third party, and they will not be going to Gary Johnson!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Even if they put Biden in, instead of Hillary, I'll be happy, because it will mean I can once again vote for Stein rather than against Hillary.
edit on 9/12/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

top topics

join