It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Posh Boy Quits his Job, Bye Bye Dave

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: casaubon

I think No 1.
It'll be interesting to see where he goes I believe the middle east envoy job is vacant.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
It'll be interesting to see where he goes I believe the middle east envoy job is vacant.

I understand that position was abolished, due to all the peace and harmony created by the last incumbent...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: casaubon
My own feeling is that one of two things is about to happen:

1) Cameron is about to walk through Whitehall's notorious 'revolving door' and end up on the board of a company that does very well out of Government contracts, thank you very much, and quite probably one that specifically had dealings with Cameron's administration when he was PM

2) Something personal and very embarrassing is coming down the media pipeline, and he's just gotten wind of it

Actually, thinking about it, I suppose it could be both of the above!

EDIT: Why TF are all my posts appearing twice?

You must only hit the post button once....then wait...and wait....and wait. in the meantime you could open another window an look to see if your post has appeared, if it has close a window.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I swear I am only clicking reply once whenever I do this. And what's worse is that when I try to edit one of the duplicates to remove the repetition, it affects both of them!

I've emailed the webmasters, but not heard anything back yet. So in the meantime I ask your forgiveness for something I can't appear to control at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: casaubon

It's the site's new security measure.

Every Shill and Robot is exposed by the appearance of a Double Post.

Well, that's what I've heard, or just made up, or something.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Curses! Foiled again. Does this mean that if I make two false posts, they cancel out and become true because two wrongs make a right?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
fascinating isn't it b-liar walked away broon walked in and the camoron and his torys scream about when is broon calling an election
as he had no mandate to lead now the boots on the other foot and may has been handed the golden loo seat

rather than be asked when he will ask the same question of his former underling as to when she is going to the country
to claim a mandate to keep her job he has decided to show the rubber spine we all know he has and is now scuttling off
to the dinner speech circuit as fast as possible

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Yeah, it's weird. Labour never, ever makes any attempt to rebut the lies the Tories come out with, even though those lies are hugely detrimental to Labour's image and reputation.

They called Brown 'illegitimate', and it stuck, hence the 'Bottler Brown' jeers when he didn't call an election in 2007-8.

But we don't directly elect Prime Ministers, we give a party a majority in Parliament, and the Prime Minister is the leader of that party, whoever that is at any particular moment. The same thing happens in the handover from Cameron to May -- and Labour says nothing.

The Tories blamed the Great Recession on Gordon Brown. This was such an obvious lie that it was hard to believe anyone would fall for it. But they did -- and part of the reason is that Labour never put up any argument at all. Not a single word. Not even to point out that whatever Gordon Brown might supposedly have done to the UK, he could hardly have caused it to affect the whole of the world.

This also happened in 1979, when the Tories pinned the runaway inflation of the early 1970s on Labour. But it was Edward Heath's Tory administration of 1970-74 that saw inflation pass the 20 per cent mark. As soon as he got back into office, with inflation heading for 23 per cent, Harold Wilson began pulling every lever he could find and inflation started to fall again almost immediately.

Thatcher spent over a decade repeating the lie that Labour caused runaway inflation in the 1970s -- and no-one on the Labour benches said a word to contradict her. Not even the MPs who had been in office at the time, and knew perfectly well what rubbish it was.

This happens time after time after time with such regularity that if I were a more paranoid person, I would suspect that there is some secret power-sharing agreement between the two main parties, or that something even more far-fetched is afoot. I mean, it is 100 per cent impossible for Labour not to be aware of this.

What the f is going on? It's as though Labour has agreed to a series of football matches and deliberately not fielded a goalkeeper in any of them. It's particularly bizarre when you remember how viciously Blair's government controlled its media image -- Blair and Campbell had a decade to rewrite history and they didn't lift a finger.

/rant

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just 24 hours ago, I observed:

originally posted by: casaubon
My own feeling is that one of two things is about to happen:

1) Cameron is about to walk through Whitehall's notorious 'revolving door' and end up on the board of a company that does very well out of Government contracts, thank you very much, and quite probably one that specifically had dealings with Cameron's administration when he was PM

2) Something personal and very embarrassing is coming down the media pipeline, and he's just gotten wind of it

It was option two. The Commons Foreign Affairs Select Committee has just (first hour of 14 Sept 2016) published its report on the UK's involvement in the Libya catastrophe, and it pins the blame on Cameron in person. No ifs or maybes. Cameron is personally to blame. He knew the writing was on the wall (perhaps someone tipped him off) and he scarpered like the rat he is.

Report summary (downloadable docs on page): www.parliament.uk... /

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join