It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Gloves are off...Trump wants to debate Clinton without a moderator

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Oh.....you said moderator...forget it, I thought it said medical doctor for a second.

edit on 12-9-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You brought them into the conversation.
I showed how you girl actually has ties to killing soldiers.
Trump had nothing to do with the death of their son over a decade ago so, again, why bring it here.

As far as what Trump said, no, I am not 'cool' with going after any GoldStar family..." without provocation". People act like he said all muslims who have lost a child are horrible people. The father put himself and his family out there. He should have had more respect for his son.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

You brought them into the conversation.
I showed how you girl actually has ties to killing soldiers.
Trump had nothing to do with the death of their son over a decade ago so, again, why bring it here.

As far as what Trump said, no, I am not 'cool' with going after any GoldStar family..." without provocation". People act like he said all muslims who have lost a child are horrible people. The father put himself and his family out there. He should have had more respect for his son.

Like I said. Predictable. The only answer to that situation was that Trump was in the wrong. You don't insult that family. I don't care what they are saying about you as a candidate. All your deflections and caveats are an insult to me as a veteran. Have you ever served? I sure hope so if you have the balls to defend insulting someone's family who gave their life for this county.

Conversations like this make me sick. Trump brings out the worst in his supporters...
edit on 12-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Predictable? People like him who parade his dead child when it has nothing to do with the election and he did it because he is tied to Clinton. He is a sick bastard who is capitalizing on the death of a soldier, not just his son. Those people are as CLinton said deplorable.

Veterans get my utmost respect. You do not know me. You know me in a forum. You do not know the sacrifices that me or my family have made and NONE of us would ever get on stage and parade around the memory of someone we lost who was very accomplished. I am done with this conversation in this thread.

I already told you I did not like what Trump said....but if a scumbag like that father wants to do that he is not a friend of any vets I know....

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Predictable? People like him who parade his dead child when it has nothing to do with the election and he did it because he is tied to Clinton. He is a sick bastard who is capitalizing on the death of a soldier, not just his son. Those people are as CLinton said deplorable.

Veterans get my utmost respect. You do not know me. You know me in a forum. You do not know the sacrifices that me or my family have made and NONE of us would ever get on stage and parade around the memory of someone we lost who was very accomplished. I am done with this conversation in this thread.

Really? You just showed me that this veteran doesn't get your respect. So I think you are a liar. They clearly only get your respect if they agree with your silly partisan politics.

I already told you I did not like what Trump said....but if a scumbag like that father wants to do that he is not a friend of any vets I know....

Don't believe you.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Trump was blasting Muslims. This father showed that Muslims shed blood for the country and Trump shat on him. THAT is all on Trump no matter what you say.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

Hillary called half of his supporters deplorable racist, xenophobic,misogynistic, sexist islamaphobes. What has Trump said about HIllary and Bernie and other GOP supporters. Come on over...mudslinging that is...

If you want to say Clinton has slung mud that's fine and I agree, but don't act like Trump has taken the high road because he hasn't, not even with his own party. IMO he is the most childish politician I have ever seen.
edit on 12-9-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't respect you. I can respect your service as a soldier but you have called me an asshole enough in these forums that you do not deserve respect as a person. Maybe that is what you do not get. Being a vet does not give you a pass to be a jerk off Krazy.

I don't care what you believe but I sure as hell will not be disrespected based on your belief system.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

14 Muslims since 9/11 have died. Hassan killed one less at Ft Hood and he was a Muslim soldier..why don't you go start a thread and we will go down that road....That I'm Muslim so I am special garbage is not for me.

He attacked Trump. He should have never paraded his son like that. I was taught by three different relatives from 3 different wars there are 2 types of vets. Those who simply did and those who like to talk about it. Those who talk about it usually did not do it. I hope you understand. Being a vet is about service not statements like that father.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Trump as crazy wild things. I shake my head at them sometimes. I do not have to agree with everything a candidate says. If that were true no one would vote.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

14 Muslims since 9/11 have died. Hassan killed one less at Ft Hood and he was a Muslim soldier..why don't you go start a thread and we will go down that road....That I'm Muslim so I am special garbage is not for me.

Are you being intentionally obtuse or were you dropped on your head as a child? It wasn't "special" anything, it was that Muslims also die for the country.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
What a surprise that you knew what Trump really meant.

All of Trump's fans know "what he means", even when he says the opposite. It the explanation for Trump's popularity. Those who hate minorities think Trump hates minorities. Those who hate Muslims think Trump hates Muslims. Trump waffles from one side to the other on issues so that his fans will find SOMETHING in there to agree with.

What they don't know is why Trump is constantly whining about every single thing being "unfair" to him. He's so persecuted! Poor thing.

Typical conservative, they're always the victims and I'm not even sure if he's even a conservative but he sure does act like one.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

No, i was not dropped on my head Bulverine. I was raised that there is no difference between people...black white asian muslim christian atheist or agnostic. They, and the DNC, made it about Muslim veterans. All veterans matter. I respect the life of the soldier who died. Just like Krazy, I do not have to respect the person or the parents but I will ALWAYS respect the service.

All soldiers bleed the same.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would settle for fair moderators, that seems like a good compromise.

No moderator would be a disaster, nothing but yelling, lies, and snarky quips. I think it'd be more entertaining with all the leftist moderators ganging on Trump.

The only thing we will hear about in the media the day after debates, is how the aggressive ape Trump spoke vicious lies about sickly old lady Hillary.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

No, i was not dropped on my head Bulverine. I was raised that there is no difference between people...black white asian muslim christian atheist or agnostic.

Well if Trump had worked that way(he doesn't even need to think it), we wouldn't be here.

All soldiers bleed the same.

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Typical conservative, they're always the victims and I'm not even sure if he's even a conservative but he sure does act like one.

I'm sure you don't even know what a conservative is.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
A debate without moderation is probably the only way Trump could turn the event in his favor. A moderator will keep the debate on topic and moving forward. That means Trump will have to actually talk about certain issues. He does not know the issues like Clinton does. If there is no moderator, he could derail the debate by talking about Clinton conspiracies.

Nice try though, Donald. We see what you are trying to do.

First, not having a moderator is a terrible idea. Even with a moderator almost all candidates go over their allotted time, don't answer questions, etc. Without one it would be pure chaos.

Secondly, don't act as if Clinton wouldn't also use the opportunity to attack Trump, both of them have spent more time attacking each other than discussing their own ideas.

Lastly, you say this is the only way Trump could win a format like this, but I think the consensus was he did better than Hillary with Lauer moderating, so I would disagree with this.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And for everyone saying that Trump is just complaining about bias;

Would you say the same thing about Bernie? His campaign complained of the media bias against him, and the leaked DNC emails showed how not only the DNC was rooting against him, but how Hillary fed questions to the mainstream press to ask her and was in league with several mainstream press people.

So you think Bernie was just having sour grapes when he raised these issues, or is it just Trump thats not allowed to complain about bias.

Followup question, did you all chastise Hillary's campaign as ridiculous for saying Lauer was too hard on her?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Secondly, don't act as if Clinton wouldn't also use the opportunity to attack Trump, both of them have spent more time attacking each other than discussing their own ideas.

"Don't act"? Where in my statement did I say that Clinton would not try to attack her opponent if she engaged in such a debate?

Lastly, you say this is the only way Trump could win a format like this, but I think the consensus was he did better than Hillary with Lauer moderating, so I would disagree with this.

I said such a debate format is the only way he turns it in his favor. Trump is not as knowledgeable on the issues as Clinton. So a debate with no moderation would allow him to engage in his style of debate, which would be pettiness and irrelevance.
edit on 12-9-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Grambler

"Don't act"? Where in my statement did I say that Clinton would not try to attack her opponent if she engaged in such a debate?

I didn't say you did. Don't act is just an experssion. In other words, you would be naive to think that Hillary wouldn't be just as bad with attacks as Trump in this format.

You only mentione how Trump would do this, and it would be a benefit for him. I was just pointing out that both candidates would be bad in thta format.

I said such a debate format is the only way he turn it in his favor. Trump is not as knowledgeable on the issues as Clinton. So a debate with no moderation would allow him to engage in his style of debate, which would be pettiness and irrelevance.

And yet she lost in the forum with Lauer, despite many people saying that because Trump couldn't personally attack her in that format, her knowledge of the issues would allow her to perform much better than him.

Perhaps Trump has better positions than people give him credit for. Or more likely, Hillary doesn't have the knowledge of the issues that so many claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join