It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Gloves are off...Trump wants to debate Clinton without a moderator

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Right. A civil debate. Do you think Trump can do that? I mean CAN. I don't think he's capable of it.

I do, yes. He is more than capable.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Right. A civil debate. Do you think Trump can do that? I mean CAN. I don't think he's capable of it.

I do, yes. He is more than capable.

And he can keep his mouth shut when another is speaking?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

When necessary, yes.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

When necessary, yes.

You have more faith than I. We will see though.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that type of debate would only be mud slinging. There would be nothing about what their plans are, instead it would be about how bad the other person is. Trumps past has shown us the level he is at where he attacks a persons looks, weight, clothes, etcetera. He can be very juvenile and that is what I expect he would be in an unmoderated debate.

It would be fun to watch though. I can't stand either one of them so if they agree to do it I don't care, but I would hope they do the moderated ones as well.
edit on 12-9-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You have more faith than I. We will see though.

It's going to be a great show either way. At the very least, Trump will make it more interesting. The demand for him to appear "presidential" is mere moral posturing in my book, and has little applicability anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not moving goal posts...but you punted per usual...

Care to explain or are we just playing the baseless accusation game?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This idea is nothing new.

It has been tested (last time in Austria: Hofer vs. Van der Bellen) and failed miserably. Big surprise.

Why would anyone think this is a good idea? Debates need rules.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Let's see. Up until this election there has rarely if ever been a problem with moderator selection, but THIS election because one of the candidates makes a lot of hot air about media bias suddenly that is part of the conversation. I'm not going to let myself be tempted by media narrative and trust in a system that hasn't had problems beforehand. I'm almost positive that the moderator will be just fine.
edit on 12-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Apparently Hilary Clinton asked the same of Obama in 2008:

"I'm offering Sen. Obama a chance to debate me one-on-one, no moderators. ... Just the two of us going for 90 minutes, asking and answering questions; we'll set whatever rules seem fair," she said.

"I think that it would give the people of Indiana and I assume a few Americans might tune in because nearly 11 million watched the Philadelphia debate. And I think they would love seeing that kind of debate and discussion. Remember, that's what happened during the Lincoln-Douglas debates," she added.

Clinton to Obama: Let's Debate Like Lincoln

It was stupid of her to suggest it as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

To be fair, there is a difference between making an offer and stating an opinion of what one thinks. But I get in trouble for pointing these things out.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Apparently Hilary Clinton asked the same of Obama in 2008:

"I'm offering Sen. Obama a chance to debate me one-on-one, no moderators. ... Just the two of us going for 90 minutes, asking and answering questions; we'll set whatever rules seem fair," she said.

"I think that it would give the people of Indiana and I assume a few Americans might tune in because nearly 11 million watched the Philadelphia debate. And I think they would love seeing that kind of debate and discussion. Remember, that's what happened during the Lincoln-Douglas debates," she added.

Clinton to Obama: Let's Debate Like Lincoln

Keep in mind that source says that prior to that suggestion Hillary and Obama had already had 21 debates. It wouldn't have been their first. Still a bad suggestion, but its not like there weren't PLENTY of other times where they had a real debate with a moderator.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yes, he can and he will now. He was fighting a dozen people in the primaries. I guess no one has really noticed he is not in the news much anymore. He even said he hopes Clinton feels better. Never worry about the loudmouth in the room...it is the quiet conniving one to watch.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Might as well get a moderator with a medical practice degree, you never know

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Hillary called half of his supporters deplorable racist, xenophobic,misogynistic, sexist islamaphobes. What has Trump said about HIllary and Bernie and other GOP supporters. Come on over...mudslinging that is...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Grimpachi

Hillary called half of his supporters deplorable racist, xenophobic,misogynistic, sexist islamaphobes. What has Trump said about HIllary and Bernie and other GOP supporters. Come on over...mudslinging that is...

Besides insulting the parents of a dead Muslim veteran?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
How serious this thread seems to me:

If Trump and Hillary had a baby, and Bernie raised it, would you guys vote for that?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Only if Kanye West could be the godfather...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Pissing contest huh? Trump did not kill their son but Hillary allowed those 4 in Benghazi to die and then had the nerve to say we lost no assets in Libya during her intervention in the CIC forum.

That father should have never used his son as political bait when Trump had NO connection except wanting to vet Muslims immigrants.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So let's see... From your post I've gathered... Trump isn't responsible for killing their son (so he gets a pass for insulting his parents I guess?). We have an unrelated anecdote about Hillary even though we were talking about Trump, so I'll ignore that. And then finally we blame the father for speaking out against Trump.

Though at no point is there an admission that MAYBE Trump overstepped his bounds there. Lol. Predictable.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join