It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Gloves are off...Trump wants to debate Clinton without a moderator

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Why spout such ignorance then?

Clearly you've been called out on an ignorant comment and now you are just deflecting.

But have it your way, personally I'd say any official debate should be moderated. We English apparently have some manners and from our debates you mostly see politicians resorting to playground tactics in a debate... So yes, moderate it.

As a side note, one of my favourite bits of the ATS community is the moderators and the ethos they help uphold. Would I suspect you'd prefer this site to not be moderated? I know, it's kind of off topic, just curious.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Where you've been on the Democrat bandwagon surely well in advance of all this, I was the anti-GOP guy.

Where you've been following the election from the start, I let it play out didn't even see one single primary debate NOT ONE. Didn't see one single news clip about any of it NOT ONE until it was official summer this year.

I'm as outside the box as they come in philosophy, and I was so not paying attention to anything Republica/Democrat for several years so much so this PC thing snuck into the mainstream by the time I noticed it this summer (outside of South Park last season anyways).

I thought Trump was a shill from day one.

I finally started scanning the headlines this spring, RARELY even opening any of the articles. Everyday opening and scanning the headlines for 6 or so weeks before summer. And then later when I saw what had really been happening I became a Trump supporter.

SO QUIT TALKING TO ME LIKE I'M SOME BIASED GOP TRUMP IDEOLOGUE, LIKE YOU ARE A HILLARY _____. Unless you're trying to give me good laughs while making a arse of yourself. If that's your goal then keep on at it. I'm always looking for a good laugh

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Whatever. That was just a quick off the top of my head example. As I haven't followed all this stuff in detail, like I did in '08 (which you should remember me from those days), I haven't developed an encyclopedia in my brain about these details.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: RAY1990

Sure do...but this thread is about Donald Trump wanting no moderators at a debate. Anything to add?

Clearly Hillary would be destroyed... It's all too obvious her supporters feel the same way. Otherwise they wouldn't be deflecting and attacking you.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Where you've been on the Democrat bandwagon surely well in advance of all this, I was the anti-GOP guy.

You think so? You should read some of my old threads. Though you pretending to know me and how I think gives me more reasons to not take you seriously, trust you, or respond seriously to your posts.

Where you've been following the election from the start, I let it play out didn't even see one single primary debate NOT ONE. Didn't see one single news clip about any of it NOT ONE until it was official summer this year.

Do you want a cookie? I don't care. I didn't watch any debates either.

I'm as outside the box as they come in philosophy, and I was so not paying attention to anything Republica/Democrat for several years so much so this PC thing snuck into the mainstream by the time I noticed it this summer (outside of South Park last season anyways).

I thought Trump was a shill from day one.

I finally started scanning the headlines this spring, RARELY even opening any of the articles. Everyday opening and scanning the headlines for 6 or so weeks before summer. And then later when I saw what had really been happening I became a Trump supporter.

SO QUIT TALKING TO ME LIKE I'M SOME BIASED GOP TRUMP IDEOLOGUE, LIKE YOU ARE A HILLARY _____. Unless you're trying to give me good laughs while making a arse of yourself. If that's your goal then keep on at it. I'm always looking for a good laugh

Someone is triggered. No I think I've got you pegged pretty well. I really don't care about your research efforts (because you've already demonstrated to me in other threads that it is poor) so it matters little when you started paying attention. Your biases are very apparent and now you are all triggered because I called you on it. Fun.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

When did an opinion become ignorance? I like to see fights with no referees. Think fight club. That however has no bearing on this OP. I am also not talking about ATS. I am talking about a presidential debate.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

So, since I like fights without refs I am an ahole? Did I say I wanted Baseball with no refs? Football? Soccer? Nope. You want to try to ride this. I also think you would not say to me or most people they were an ahole in public. People like you would be scared in a fight with no referees which is why you like to say things, elicit a response and run to the mods. I equate you to Holyfield in that fight. If you start a fight yout finish it...you do not call foul. It is my opinion and you can have yours.

Can you repeat the analogy and I will address it? Sorry, you babble on so much it is hard to find a coherent thought sometimes.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Someone is triggered. No I think I've got you pegged pretty well. I really don't care about your research efforts (because you've already demonstrated to me in other threads that it is poor) so it matters little when you started paying attention. Your biases are very apparent and now you are all triggered because I called you on it. Fun.

Keep on with sweeping generalizations and ad hominem's.

Way to throw a debate.

Thanks for the laughs!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

When did an opinion become ignorance? I like to see fights with no referees. Think fight club. That however has no bearing on this OP. I am also not talking about ATS. I am talking about a presidential debate.

Fight Club had rules.

Anyways, Donald Trump is playing the victim card... again.

You know what's funny? That stupid NFL player who played the victim card and everyone get bent out of shape and started attacking the NFL player for the amount of money he makes and how he clearly is not being persecuted/victimized.

Yet - somehow, Donald Trump is a "victim," lol.

There is absolutely zero logic when it comes to Trump supporters.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

My English is just fine. The problem is, which one of those statements are true.

He says maybe there should not be a moderator, but you say that's not what he said.

But you left out the rest of his sentence. You've focused on the hyperbole, while leaving out the arguments, which was my point from the beginning.
edit on 12-9-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

When did an opinion become ignorance?

It doesn't have to be you can always keep them to yourself.

I am also not talking about ATS. I am talking about a presidential debate.

I forewarned that my comment was slightly off-topic, I grasp what the topic is also. I made some points did you grasp them?

Fight Club, a film about a deranged lunatic with a split personality disorder, I could use a lot of that bait and go fishing but I'll not. Instead I'll just say that I don't agree with your reasoning concerning a public debate, some things need a bit of order to be useful.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

A debate without a moderator would be a terrible idea. It wouldn't even be a debate as the discussion would likely quickly devolve into a shouting match. Not surprising that Trump (someone who such a situation would benefit) would suggest this idiotic idea.

I'd take a biased moderator over no moderator any day. Would you let a game of professional football be played without referees? Would you let two teams play professional baseball without umpires? Of course not. So why let a professional contest between two public speakers be ran without a moderator? That is unless you WANT an elementary playground argument between the two people trying to get the position of the most powerful person in the US.

This is exactly what came to mind. There is no "debate" without a format, rules, and a moderator. It would just be a "conversation" at best and an "argument" at worst.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I don't see what you are getting at with that block of text. To me that clearly says that Trump is asking for no moderator because he thinks a moderator will be biased against him due to a backlash of criticism towards Lauer for not being hard on Trump during the mock debate.

That "block of text" was what Trump said. His real points are asserted and reiterated, but both are missing from your little analysis.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

All of Trump's fans know "what he means", even when he says the opposite. It the explanation for Trump's popularity. Those who hate minorities think Trump hates minorities. Those who hate Muslims think Trump hates Muslims. Trump waffles from one side to the other on issues so that his fans will find SOMETHING in there to agree with.

What they don't know is why Trump is constantly whining about every single thing being "unfair" to him. He's so persecuted! Poor thing.

It's not anyone's fault but your own that you leave the rest of his argument out, while taking the hyperbole literally.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I should not speak my opinion? I should keep it to myself? yeah...let's suppress free speech right?

As far as Fight Club, I was using that as an example of no referees in fighting. If you want to talk about the book itself make a new thread and I will be happy to. I do not need to 'grasp' anything also.

Anything else on the OP...you are getting pretty boring....

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

How is Trump playing the victim card? Please explain and leave Fight Club out of it...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Pistols at 40 paces.

or

Knife fight in a dark room.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

A debate without a moderator would be a terrible idea. It wouldn't even be a debate as the discussion would likely quickly devolve into a shouting match. Not surprising that Trump (someone who such a situation would benefit) would suggest this idiotic idea.

I'd take a biased moderator over no moderator any day. Would you let a game of professional football be played without referees? Would you let two teams play professional baseball without umpires? Of course not. So why let a professional contest between two public speakers be ran without a moderator? That is unless you WANT an elementary playground argument between the two people trying to get the position of the most powerful person in the US.

They are both ridiculous people (to put it very nicely) IMO, So personally I WOULD LOVE TO watch that train wreck.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Fight Club had rules.

Anyways, Donald Trump is playing the victim card... again.

You know what's funny? That stupid NFL player who played the victim card and everyone get bent out of shape and started attacking the NFL player for the amount of money he makes and how he clearly is not being persecuted/victimized.

Yet - somehow, Donald Trump is a "victim," lol.

There is absolutely zero logic when it comes to Trump supporters.

Besides you, who called Trump a victim?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

This is exactly what came to mind. There is no "debate" without a format, rules, and a moderator. It would just be a "conversation" at best and an "argument" at worst.

I think you MEANT to say an argument at worst a fist fight at best 😉

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join