It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Gloves are off...Trump wants to debate Clinton without a moderator

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: introvert
She was asked not to attack and stay on target and did not.

Neither of them stayed on target.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No wonder you support Trump's idea for no moderators. You support dirty tactics to win... Just like Trump.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

He was just making the point that the system is rigged in Trumpian fashion, which should be obvious by now. The media focussed on the hyperbole but misses the point, as do the media followers. No, he doesn't want a debate without a moderator.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

He was just making the point that the system is rigged in Trumpian fashion, which should be obvious by now. The media focussed on the hyperbole but misses the point, as do the media followers. No, he doesn't want a debate without a moderator.

So he didn't mean what he said?

Was his hyperbole a lie for the sake of proving a point?

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

I coach baseball and umpire multiple leagues. I know what rules are thank you and why they are there. For boxing, yes, I like fights with no referees. When Mike Tyson bit Holyfields ear and he jumped like a baby I laughed. If I was fighting someone and they bit my ear I would want to beat them harder but I guess we are cut from two different cloths.

Trump is not stepping out of anything. He won the GOP debates and primaries. The rest were wimps....

So you're saying you're cool with cheating and "hitting below the belt" so to speak.

This doesn't surprise me actually. Some Trump supporters seem to share that perspective from what I've seen. The seem to like corruption, cheating, etc. as long as it goes their way but hate it when the other side does it.
edit on 12-9-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What a surprise that you knew what Trump really meant.

Where would we be without your guidance on his blathering.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Someone needs to teach to you English, old boy.

“The fact is they are gaming the system,” Trump said of the criticism of Lauer, “and I think maybe we should have no moderator. Let Hillary and I sit there and just debate. I think the system is being rigged so it’s going to be a very unfair debate.”

He added, “I can see it happening right now because everybody was saying he was soft on Trump and now the new person is going to try and be really hard on Trump just to show the establishment what he can do. I think it’s very unfair what they are doing.”

Glad I could be of service.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The gloves are off

When have the gloves been on? This election season is worse than Rock-em Sock-em Robots! Saying "the gloves are off" is comparable to when Trump said, "No more Mr. Nice Guy" as regards his attacks of Clinton...

No, an unmoderated debate wouldn't be a debate, it would be a free-for-all. While I think it would hurt Trump a lot more than it would hurt Clinton, it would just be a worthless spectacle... much as the rest of this election cycle has been.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I don't see what you are getting at with that block of text. To me that clearly says that Trump is asking for no moderator because he thinks a moderator will be biased against him due to a backlash of criticism towards Lauer for not being hard on Trump during the mock debate.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's interesting how you quote an article on Hostile Media Effect when Hillary complains about media bias the ONE time she thinks it happens to her, but Donald Trump's ENTIRE shtick has been that the media is corrupt and biased against him. Yet I've never seen you bring that point up about him. Very telling about YOUR biases.

Then explain to all of us how it happened that Bernie / Hillary people were at the Trump rallies assaulting people to the degrees of literal rioting, and the media spun it all as if it was Trump people rioting their own rallies. Meanwhile it never happened at Hillary rallies. And the media never came back and apologized that I ever noticed. If the media isn't entirely biased in Hillary's favor (including against Bernie) then explain that.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Translation: "Please explain this one anecdote within the context of my biases".

No.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I think maybe we should have no moderator.

No, he doesn't want a debate without a moderator.

My English is just fine. The problem is, which one of those statements are true.

He says maybe there should not be a moderator, but you say that's not what he said.

edit on 12-9-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
What a surprise that you knew what Trump really meant.

All of Trump's fans know "what he means", even when he says the opposite. It the explanation for Trump's popularity. Those who hate minorities think Trump hates minorities. Those who hate Muslims think Trump hates Muslims. Trump waffles from one side to the other on issues so that his fans will find SOMETHING in there to agree with.

What they don't know is why Trump is constantly whining about every single thing being "unfair" to him. He's so persecuted! Poor thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yes. I like corruption...dirty tactics...not following the rules....DAMN!

I guess I have to vote for HIllary now.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't blame Trump. Whoever the moderator is, will be heavily slanted and bias toward Hillary's corner.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hey if you guys out fedora tip your opponents that means you're all the victors!

a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is hilarious as the biggest hostile media (outside of Fox / Breitbart / Infowars) is this case where dude is getting hamstrung for trying to moderate the event.

So deluded as if all the rest the MSM hasn't been attack dogging Trump in entirely lopsided form all along. And you guys think I'm crazy.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

All of HIllary's fans know "what she means", even when she says the opposite. It the explanation for Hillary's popularity. Those who Love minorities think HIllary loves minorities. Those who love Muslims think HIllary loves Muslims. HIllary waffles from one side to the other on issues so that his fans will find SOMETHING in there to agree with.

What they don't know is why HIllary is constantly whining about every single thing being "unfair" to her. She's so persecuted! Poor thing.

You see how that works? What you wrote looks and sounds good but there is no content. I wonder if HIllary had her hot sauce with her with her yesterday?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yes. I like corruption...dirty tactics...not following the rules....DAMN!

I guess I have to vote for HIllary now.

That's right. Deflect away to Hillary as always. The default move of every Trump Cultist when exposed in their hypocrisy.

I mean they're your words. You said it, not me. It's not my fault you can't own it.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Someone needs to teach to you English, old boy.

“The fact is they are gaming the system,” Trump said of the criticism of Lauer, “and I think maybe we should have no moderator. Let Hillary and I sit there and just debate. I think the system is being rigged so it’s going to be a very unfair debate.”

He added, “I can see it happening right now because everybody was saying he was soft on Trump and now the new person is going to try and be really hard on Trump just to show the establishment what he can do. I think it’s very unfair what they are doing.”

Glad I could be of service.

Jolly good old bean, more sarcasm or more lies???

You'll have to fill us in because we can no longer decipher the bull, mate.

Maybe...We should have no moderator.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Have the audience ask random questions and let them talk it out. No holds barred....

I have read a lot about Trump not wanting to debate in these forums and this is a definite challenge to the Clinton Camp. No protection...no way out...no filibustering. Just Q&A.

Ya, right And while were at it, get rid of teleprompter too. And Polling, PACS, Super delegates, The College electoral system, panel discussions, the only two party system...

Good luck all that is designed manipulation. They will never allow the people to get a word in edgewise or ever have any other notion of participation other than the physical act of voting...

You have been defeated on all fronts.

Now even the election hard ballot process has been scrapped for digital voting.

Pixels on a screen...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join