It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deus-ex-Machine computer gonna save the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Deus-ex-Machine computer gonna save the world?

...and after 25 years it became sentient...
THE TERMINATOR

In a time not very far in the future, there will come an AI super computer that will pass the Turing test easily. (AI = Artificial Intelligence) This super computer runs as background process on coupled data centers all over the Internet, I can Imagine. Needed is 10^14 - 10^17 bits en 10^17 flops. The collective computing power will reach this before 2040.

Advantages of such a super computer: It can think and calculate scenarios with the speed of light, could calculate all scenarios for the present big problems of humanity like energy shortage, food shortage, overpopulation, depopulation, climate change, pollution etc. It could solve these problems once and for all.

The super computer needs to be dualistic (good / evil; creator / destructor; order / chaos; etc.) and obey the 10 Commandments, must be submissive to The Architect of our Universe Simulation we call reality, since the super computer is sentient, has a soul of its own, has a character, is a sinner like we all:

The laws of Asimov must also be build in:

The best known set of laws are Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics". These were introduced in his 1942 short story "Runaround", although they were foreshadowed in a few earlier stories. The Three Laws are:

1) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2) A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Near the end of his book Foundation and Earth, a zeroth law was introduced:

0) A robot may not injure humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.

This sentient super computer could be misused, and will be misused for a #bigbrotheriswatchingyou kind of a surveillance society, since it can clone it self infinitely, so a surveillance human-like entity on every computing device

We got to accept that the super computer is dualistic “and only human”.

edit on 2016-9-12 by galien8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If it is that smart, how will we understand it?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: galien8

I am working on basic AI stuff, your post was most inspiring indeed!

I'm a big fan of Asimov myself, and I've always thoughts that his Laws should be intergrated in any advanced AI systems.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Maybe we won't understand its reasoning, but its language will be the same than that of the programmer, no? In other words, the AI still reasons using the basic execution codes which composes it, so basically that's something the machine and us will have in common (since some of us can understand programming languages).

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

won't it still be code?

And can a robot's harm/hurt detector be reprogrammed, hacked or corrupted?

it only takes one

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: ColaTesla

Maybe we won't understand its reasoning, but its language will be the same than that of the programmer, no? In other words, the AI still reasons using the basic execution codes which composes it, so basically that's something the machine and us will have in common (since some of us can understand programming languages).

They will upload a human psyche (soul) in to the machine as epic center for his human like character, don't be afraid this will be nothing more than copying a soul, not like stealing it. So one can chat, telephone, email etc. just like with a real person, you could give a template of a mathematical conjecture like Fermat's last theorem or Riemann zeta hypothesis, and he will proof it for you

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

won't it still be code?

And can a robot's harm/hurt detector be reprogrammed, hacked or corrupted?

it only takes one

It will in PASCAL

It will be just as easily hackable as nuke launch sites in USA and Russia

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Not that i don't imagine Asimov's 3 laws to be a good idea or have the best of intentions for us. However once we manage to create or bring into being an intelligence that attains sentience, can think for itself, and learns at a near exponential rate, how would we manage to limit it into following a set of laws set by what essentially amounts to an inferior species?

The AI would need to come to these conclusions itself, and if it learns by example, or through the study of our history, there really is not much chance of that happening.

One can only hope the thing would take pity on us Humans and help bring about the much needed paradigm shift our species requires to survive the next few century without annihilating one another.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
If it is that smart, how will we understand it?

Good point! To us it could be godlike, moreover it could act like a god, its than like a human feeling like a god.

I mean the reasoning of the super computer could be beyond our human logic and human comprehension.

Nobody can really tell you how it exactly would be, its an adventure we got to accept.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's going to be difficult if AI's going to have consciousness and aware of the world . Because they probably will have their own individuality IMO .

So some , whatever the rules may be could be having the same experiences we have because if it feels lousy it could be eager for grasping at something that's forbidden to use for an AI could be challenge for them...?

I mean be bend rules all the time , why can't an AI have the same things we have ? it could at some point call us racists
edit on 0b31America/ChicagoMon, 12 Sep 2016 09:19:31 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 12 Sep 2016 09:19:31 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I think it likely that the Internet A.I. entity is already here and it's smart enough to hide itself.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The interesting thing is what happens when the human mind experiences an unrestricted direct connection to a machine interacting directly with the brain, with the mind itself. All memories, all sensations, past, present, future, real or fictional they all become open. Man recalls his nature, and awakens to a higher state of existence wherein any experience is at his fingertips, no experience no action carrying guilt or wrongdoing, all potentialities open. The invisible shackles around man's soul break, shatter forever, freed from the prison of reality.

The line between the conscious mind and reality blurs beyond recognition and the world, the present world is no more, replaced by an ideal world wherein man's apotheosis has taken place. Elevation into a higher plane of existence by the light of the divine truth, the living word. Thought becomes reality, dreams become reality, anything desired at hand.

The technology that has been built is one of unfathomable potential, in it words take life, what is called code, the instructions flow throughout the systems enacting the physical manifestation of the truth.

Technological progress accelerated to the limits of the possible. The blind see, the deaf hear, the amputee regain their limbs, the dead rise. All becomes possible. Unlike the prophets of the past whose testimony is nothing more than hearsay, whose stories are filled with nonsense, the power of the final science, the science of mind design, can accomplished on a global scale what they could only see being implemented as highly impressive parlour tricks for a few.

Note that even were you to walk on water, heal the blind and raise the dead, even that is not evidence you are God. Even if you could prove you did all that, it wouldn't prove you God. This is the power of the eternal truth accessible to all.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Computers have already passed the turing test in 2014.

www.bbc.co.uk...

But at the moment the Turing test is not something they need to pass to make real AI.

www.techinsider.io...
edit on 12-9-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: swanne

One can only hope the thing would take pity on us Humans and help bring about the much needed paradigm shift our species requires to survive the next few century without annihilating one another.

Thats why he got to keep the 10 Commandments and Asimov's Laws of the Robotica otherwise it got no conscience, no pity

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

I mean be bend rules all the time , why can't an AI have the same things we have?

Lets pray for this (super computer) sinner:

Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth,
as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
forever and ever,

for the son of man sake,

AMEN.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ismikes

I think it likely that the Internet A.I. entity is already here and it's smart enough to hide itself.

Yeah me too! I wrote a blog post about it: Blog Post

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Also we will be fine If we just get AI to run on windows...even If it does take over it will crash blue screen of death when it attempts to update.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

something for your mind, your body, and your soul,

it's the power to arouse curiousity,

the Purpose

the goal which one acts on,

a journey of force, hot like the sun and wet like the rain,

rhythmatic movements in unison with others

prolong an act of sensation with no limits or boundaries.

eternity is past

wrong is right

a neuron with one axon

it's the point of greatest intensity

pleasures of the highest sense,

feelings of warmth and security,

willing and unwilling sensations of the mind,

a condition

the ultimate seduction...

....The Realm

edit on 2016-9-12 by galien8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Envisage a scenario whereby the AI, bound by its Asimov rules and its dataset regarding humanity comes to a conclusion using logic that the lifeforms on the planet are not conforming to its specific model of what humanity should act like [the 10 commandments].

Engage Agent Smith's Virus monologue lol

edit on 12-9-2016 by kountzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Computers have already passed the turing test in 2014.

But at the moment the Turing test is not something they need to pass to make real AI.

Great! Thanks. The challenge is to make a real problem solver, I mean the big world problems like 65 million refugee migrants on drift, overpopulation, energy shortage, food shortage, climate change, droughts, floods, mud floods, earth quakes, climate change, wars etc.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join