It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The best college to learn finance in USA and Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hello everybody!

What are the best colleges in USA and Canada to learn finance?

I need your opinion.

Thank you all.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LeoNa1

The ones that are owned by the rothschilds....

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Go for Soros personal classes, no need for college.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Harvard, Stanford, University of Chicago and University of Pennsylvania are the top ranked. I used this thing called 'Google' and found rankings. I may use it for other things now.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Just go to the "Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve" Facebook Page - they are constantly sharing their unbiased and 100% truthful information about how they strategically and logically decide fiscal policy

Trust me!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeoNa1
Hello everybody!

I need your opinion.

Thank you all.

If you are talking business wise, usually University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School is #1 I believe. Probably Stanford MBA too, which is #2 business school.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Harvard, Stanford, University of Chicago and University of Pennsylvania are the top ranked. I used this thing called 'Google' and found rankings. I may use it for other things now.

Yah, I tried to get into Stanford and UPenn mbas, and even with an Ivy League GMAT score, didn't get in :/ You almost have to have started your own company at 16, or written a famous book to get in for world top 2 rated schools in a field. Those two were rated higher than Harvard, although that may have changed.

Same thing. My brother went to UPenn law school, which while not as highly ranked as UPenn MBA, is still like number 5. There were people in there such as Blind Melon's guitarist, haha. There's always some reason people get in, whether being prodigies, very privileged and well connected, or doing something totally unusual such as being in a famous band.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Forget college.

Watch this video and youll know more about the world's financial system than 99% of academics.
I just saved you around $100k.

Send me a check for $50k and we'll call it even.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Or you could learn rather than rely on the limited sketchy opinions of youtube personalities.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeoNa1
Hello everybody!

I need your opinion.

Thank you all.

Depends on what you mean by "finance". If you are referring to working on Wall Street, hedge funds, private equity, etc coming out of college then any of the Ivies or public Ivies feed into finance. I'd say look at a list of the top 20 under grad schools any of them would suffice.

Finance isn't all that tough to learn. However, to get those jobs you will need the right academic pedigree. For undergrad, Wharton (UPenn) is probably tops, Stanford, Harvard, U of Michigan, NYU, Dartmouth, Yale, etc. For undergrad, it really isn't even the major, but just attending the right schools and having great grades. In addition, scoring a great internship between your junior & senior year is key. Folding shirts at the Gap won't cut it.

Out of undergrad, those positions are generically referred to as "analysts". The thing to keep in mind is that while the jobs sound sexy and the pay is very high for a recent college grad, the work is mind numbingly boring grunt work by in large and you will literally be working like 80-100 weeks regularly. You will have NO LIFE. NONE. You will be worked like a $2 dollar hooker. The vast majority of people cannot cut it.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdumakatedThe thing to keep in mind is that while the jobs sound sexy and the pay is very high for a recent college grad, the work is mind numbingly boring grunt work by in large and you will literally be working like 80-100 weeks regularly. You will have NO LIFE. NONE. You will be worked like a $2 dollar hooker. The vast majority of people cannot cut it.

This needs reiterated. Finance is notorious for having no concept of work/life balance. Everywhere in finance is the same, you will work at minimum 80 hour weeks and probably more. There is also very little margin for error. Screw ups simply can't happen in those jobs.

new topics

top topics

join