It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All You Comic Book Fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I want it to be on the record the only reason I watched DC's Legend's of Tomorrow is because of Arthur Davril who was on Dr. Who.

Beyond Superman, and I never was a real fan but the movies were cool, especially the second one, and Batman, I never read comics nor cared about them.

Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes, Bloom County, The Far Side and those in the papers I loved, and in the case of Bloom County still love. But I never got the superhero thing.

Couldn't have cared less.

Because the guy was on Dr. Who - which is obviously one of the best tele shows ever, possibly even cooler than Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I had to watch. And, you got me. Hook in mouth, so to speak.

Thanks to the network for replaying the series, as I'd only seen the ends of the episodes while watching the 100.

I'm still never going to care about any of the others. I have seen the Avengers, but only because Joss Whedon was the writer/director and I'm a Whedon fan. I still don't care to follow any of that up as it's kinda boring.

So, you got me, at least partially. I never thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward to the next season of a show based upon a bloody comic book.

Crikey.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Now you should check out reruns of both Flash and Arrow too. The three shows tie in with each other at times.

TV, when not being watched for educational purposes, might as well connect us with our childhoods.
Other comic series that are pretty good are Preacher, and Wynnona Earp 👍🏻

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Growing up I loved the Conan the Barbarian comic books. They "kinda"had life lessons on how to be a man. The artwork was usually pretty good, stories great and toss in a lil leg and boom.

Honestly the Conan movies were not that great. Arnold may have been good but the story was junk. The newer one with Jason Mosa? was much better.

I like the Avengers movies.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yeah, I should but I won't. I really try and not watch new shows as I watch too much tv as it is. One show I might think of but two is too much.

Totally dug the "overacting", for lack of a better word, the guys who played Rory and Snart did. Comic book villains playing comic book heroes.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well, that was a quick turnaround. I just finished the replay of the first season and now here comes the second. I do realize I'm missing part of the story but what the hell, all I really care about is the time traveling aspect of the show.

Fun times, indeed, as I love period pieces and this show is full of them.

What did I miss with Rex Tyler and his prediction of what would happen in 1942?
edit on 10/16/2016 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

BTW, Rip told them where he is when he said a captain never abandons his ship.
edit on 10/16/2016 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

join