It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home remedy for sudden tempory disabling illness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
In recent days I have been crook with a bug of some sort. Felt terrible, sick and spent a lot of time in the toilet with stuff coming out of both ends at once. Got little sleep.

My stomach was sore from the spewing and convulsions and felt like I had swallowed a football. The pain was disabling.

it was obviously a virus or something I had eaten.

Had other things too but I got to thinking if anyone knows of either an over the counter or better still, home made remedies that will settle the stomach down and enable one to sleep.

I'm thinking there is a survival aspect to this if this happened while traveling or bugging out.

thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ginger tea good for settle sore tummy. Charcoal tablets to soak up any bad bugs in your digestive system. When you can eat again some saurkraut to build back up the good flora in your gits and the rest of the digestive tract. Oh and drink lots of coconut water without the sugar added to fix your electrolytes.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ps hope you feel better soon.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Tums for the stomach and 2x benadryl (diphenhydramine) for the sleep, make sure it's just benadryl, some of the 'for cold or cough' versions have sudafed in them which keeps you awake..

Hope you feel better.

edit on 12-9-2016 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

My stomach was sore from the spewing and convulsions

dry heaves are a great ab workout...

maybe you just ripped em

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Ps hope you feel better soon.

Thank you, wonderful

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Don't take Benadryl unless you absolutely need to take it for an allergic reaction. It should never be used as a sleep aid. New studies have linked the of drugs like diphenhydramine to an increased dementia risk.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Camomile tea for the sore belly. It's like a soothing layer, helps also with cramps and is antiseptic. I lived through many a gastric flu with Camomile tea by my side. Hope you're better soon.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Almost sounds like a gall bladder attack or pancreatitis. I've had this. I couldn't even drink water, without it coming right back out. [ Either end ] You might want to see a Dr.
Mine was temporary, but it felt like it went on for years. Vomiting, nausea, pain, pretty much all the symptoms you describe.

Seriously..You might want to go get checked out. It can be the signs of something far worse.
edit on 12-9-2016 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Ginger, you can get it in chewable form. It works!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If its just a stomach thing, drink warm broth will help calm stomach and even get you some nourishment. Also take some silver to help get you up and going again.

It sounds possibly like a kidney or gall stone though.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

My sympathies -- been there and done that.

Like a couple other posters, I would start with colloidal silver and/or activated charcoal. The silver is a fluid, and just one or two squirts in a water bottle (room temperature) that you drink SLOWLY will help immensely -- and quickly. Activated charcoal comes in capsules that you have to take orally. You can get a small bottle of colloidal silver (I use Sovereign Silver with a blue label and eagle on the label) at Sprouts for about $15.

EmergenC will help bring your electrolytes (minerals) back up -- about $10 at Sprouts or WalMart or similar store.

Yogurt or kraut or something similar with probiotics will also help your tummy heal when you can keep food down again.

And FYI, a trick I learned with my daughter is that smelling something sour may relieve the nausea. Apparently the body cannot process both nausea and sour at the same time... I would simply roll a lemon on the countertop to squeeze the essential oils into the pulp, and cut it in half and squeeze it gently to release the odor. It worked pretty good. Not foolproof, but it helped.

But I have to say, if your symptoms do not let up soon -- very soon -- please consider seeing a doctor. It may be more than a bug or food poisoning. If nothing else, all the nausea and diarrhea have probably left you dehydrated, and you need to build up your fluids and electrolytes again, or other problems can develop. And I say this as someone who hopes and prays she never ever has to see another doctor again in her life! Please don't take it lightly.

Good luck and I hope you feel better real soon

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If this has been going on for more than 48 hours, you REALLY need to see a doctor.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

be CAREFUL with the charcoal.....you are heaving from both ends...your electrolytes (sodium potassium)are very important and become depleted when everything is coming out and you can't keep anything down

the charcoal not only take out bad thing you might have eaten,,,it also takes out vitamins and minerals , screwing up your electrolytes even faster...1 dose might not hurt but this new fad taking it on a regular basis is really bad

ginger never worked for my daughter...fresh basil leaves is the only thing that relieves her nausea/vomiting

take care and go to the doc if it continues

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks for the suggestions people. I am Ok now although I cant stop coughing. I got some stuff from the chemist, dam exy too, but it got me wondering about home remedys for that too.

I gotta get this stuff sorted.

thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Learn about diet supplements that really helpful for you body wellness to loose weight and maintain you with multivitamin mineral formula.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I'm so very glad you're feeling better. That's just miserable to go through... for the cough I can suggest a good hot toddy... Start by making a half cup of green tea with about a half inch of honey at the bottom of the cup. After the tea has steeped and the honey has dissolved, add the juice of half a lemon, a half-shot of apple cider vinegar and a shot of brandy. Mix well and drink before bed. If you make it right, the vinegar will really have a kick... but only at first. After a couple swigs, the vinegar taste will subside and you'll just taste the warm lemon and honey. You can always add more honey if you want too.

I always roll my lemons on the counter before cutting, which squeezes the essential oils in the peel into the pulp and thus the juice.

A DO told me once that the combination of lemon and honey and vinegar probably helps balance the body's pH, which helps the body heal itself. I just know it gives me a good night's sleep and I feel 100% better in the morning. My dad used to make it for us when we were kids. I added the green tea though because of its antioxidants. Everyone I've ever given it to now swears by it... well, except those who wouldn't drink it because of the vinegar!

Take good care

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You need to restore the water ballance, so lots and lots of water, you can dissolve probiotics in it (sold in drops) and of course activated charcoal. It would absorb all the bad stuff if this is a food poisoning.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you for that I do that.

new topics

top topics

join