It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help learning how to react to dogs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yes, we mostly work the same zip codes. If I get the assignment again, I just tell dispatch I paid my dues there already. They give it to someone else.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

So, I don't just deliver pizzas, I have to do other things like answer the phones. Fun times, indeed.

Just follow me here.

Our busiest times are not dinner, unless it's Friday or Saturday, but lunch times. Businesses and what not. So I get this call one day and the old lady is totally off her rocker. Trying to get a omelet from a pizza joint. Took me ten minutes just to get her order. At the end, she tells me, and joke you not, to not send a Mexican as she has had problems with Mexicans.

Ok. Red flags are raised but it's so damned busy I have no way to tell anyone about this insane phone call.

Lucky me gets to deliver her order. I still do not understand what happened.

I get to the door, a outside foyer, whatever you call it, partially filled with trash and gallons of apple juice - full bottles. Next to the door are three, maybe four, pictures of serviceman in the windows bracketing the door.. What services I couldn't tell you but they were all torn right through the face.

All of them. And torn so perfectly that I could see they were the same pictures but not in any kind of respect. They could have easily been taped together to make it look somewhat nice and not sun damaged photos but this seemed to somw odd Twilight Zone episode. What the hell do these pictures mean?

Then, I notice the kicker. I swear to you, I am not making this up. the faded, sun drenched note inside the door said this. I have to say this in all honesty and at the risk of getting banned, at least for a couple of days if the ATS folks decide, "No Niggers or Nigger lovers". Don't know if I can get away with using that word even in this context but seriously, it has little effect when said as "The N-Word". But, dammit, that was written on that note and a totally OT digression those who say racism isn't something that doesn't exist, well, there it is right there.

There was seriously something wrong at that house. What the hell was up with those pics? If you are showing respect for those in the military, would you not just tape the pics together and why were they ALL torn right through the face?

So, when you say the humans are far crazier then the dogs you encounter, I wholeheartedly agree.

We could share so many stories of this type of job, but damn, that was easily the weirdest delivery I have ever taken and I've been doing this for over twenty years.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

All you have to do is be the pack leader....dogs are pack animals, if you are the pack leader you are the boss, if you are submissive well,... you will be treated accordingly.....

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Point out that you'll be working with live wires, etc. and for their dog's safety, they should be out of the area. (as you cannot be responsible if they decide such a wire is a plaything...)
edit on 23-9-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I encounter a lot of crazy--and I really do mean CRAZY--customers.

Often I get sent to the houses requesting Spanish speaking techs (and I only speak but a few words,) so I feel kind of awkward showing up to those jobs and trying to overcome the communication barrier.

Unfortunately some of our techs do experience racism. Have had a couple of black techs get asked to just leave, or have had a nasty voicemail left on their work phone (by the customer.)

Oh, and as for the dogs. I decided I'm just going to be more assertive with their owners. I'm there to just do the install and get out and go to my next job; I'm not there to bond and work my way into their pack mentality.

I mostly have just been ignoring them and working through all distractions.

edit on 24-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
First of all, you're there to work, not make buddy-buddy with fricking Fido. Or even Fluffy for that matter. When our rental had our code inspection, our rental company manager didn't say anything about crating the cat, but I did it anyway. it's called MANNERS. It did not put me out to have the cat in a crate for a while while he & the inspector walked through the house checking the wiring & fire alarms. Jesus effing Christ, just be sensible & crate the damn animals while pros in the house working, people.

Second, you are under no obligation to contort yourself into fitting in. This is not your pet. Accommodation falls on home owners, to accommodate you for the duration of the service encounter. Not the other way around. I have no idea how much weight you have to throw around in your company, but I'd have a pow-wow about making a contract clause that states all animals must be properly restrained in secured rooms or crates, or no work will be done. And it will come with a rescheduling fee. Just because you're hired to work in the home doesn't make you their bitch. People are assholes to folks like you, the pet-derived holier-than-thou is nauseating.
edit on 9/24/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

OMG...way to invoke the whole "im a special snowflake" and things that trigger my over emotional "i cant deal with this"..omg........

More to the point ...." i cant do my job because ..well you are triggering my emotions'...ffs enough already...if he cant do his friggin job because of domesticated pets he needs to find a new friggin job...How does being a SJW help in this situstion ?......for god sake....whats nauseating is people like you that need to change everything and everyone else around them because they are too #ing sensitive.....aaaaargghhhh...!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If you cannot handle containing your animal for an hour or two during an installation, YOU are the snowflake, princess. OMG, how DARE I be a responsible (and thoughtful) pet owner and suggest others do the same responsible stuff! OMG! Triggery! Woofy must be RIGHT there the whole time!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Look at this little micro-machine I found today. (He didn't exactly pose for me so the photo sucks.) I kept trying to pet him but he skitted away. The owner put him away and I was like, "Nooo! I want to pet!!!"

And cats never bother me. Cats are very calm and shy. They either just run away or cautiously check you out. Dogs will jump right at your face instantly.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Woofy must be RIGHT there the whole time!

Absolutely, breathing down your neck at all times and should you show a bit of butt crack be prepared for a wet slobbery tongue...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Do not let the size fool you !! AS you can see from this raw video footage even rabbits can be deadly

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
show a bit of butt crack be prepared for a wet slobbery tongue

Now I understand why tucked shirts is our dress code.

Mind. Blown.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
show a bit of butt crack be prepared for a wet slobbery tongue

Now I understand why tucked shirts is our dress code.

Mind. Blown.

...Many lives have been saved by a shirt being tucked in

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join