It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America fighting justifiably?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Do you think the US should be fighting constantly in the Mid East? Do you think the US is keeping on track? Do you think it is justifiable?

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think we should be in, do our business, and then leave. You can understand why the people of the Middle East fear us and our culture, staying there longer than needed will only damage public opinion. Right now though we need to be in there to restore order and peace. We have to try to prove to them that we are actually here to help, not worsen the situation.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
America's first reason for being there was fine (weakening terrorism). But what makes me angry is that they had to go after Iraq too. ...through making lies.

Iraq had no chemical agents that were banned. But a few years ago they did. That's the point that I think that America is over looking- they have the anthrax labs because they once used them. So they look surprised that they are there and cleaned out. Do you think that they would have the time to clean out lab pipes completely right before we came?

The government, and the media, blinded Americans into thinking that there were chemical weapons and agents of that sort there. Where are they? I don't think the regime took them with them on their way out. Bush just straight out lied to the public that Iraq had chemical weapons. Remember that his proof was "a reliable source."

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think the US understands that Iraq has the pottencial to be a superpower. So it might as well take it out while its still a 3rd world country, Terrorism is just an excuse to go after the true objective, MONEY.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If Liberation is the true reason for the invasion (which I think is rubbish) then I've got one thing to say, sought out your own backyard first.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Money eating bastards..........

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cammo Dude
America's first reason for being there was fine (weakening terrorism). But what makes me angry is that they had to go after Iraq too. ...through making lies.

Iraq had no chemical agents that were banned. But a few years ago they did. That's the point that I think that America is over looking- they have the anthrax labs because they once used them. So they look surprised that they are there and cleaned out. Do you think that they would have the time to clean out lab pipes completely right before we came?

The government, and the media, blinded Americans into thinking that there were chemical weapons and agents of that sort there. Where are they? I don't think the regime took them with them on their way out. Bush just straight out lied to the public that Iraq had chemical weapons. Remember that his proof was "a reliable source."

CammoDude,
I think the propensity of Saddaam to wage war against his fellow Arabs (re
il for us), his acceptance of terrorist camps in northern Iraq and cells of AlKillya in Baghdad are good enough reasons for me, especially after everyone in the world except Sadaam stated he possesed WMD of some sort and quantity. The almighty UN verified this over the years- even if we find none NOW, Iraq would maintain the capability to restore its programs. Then what? Remember the dead Kurds in 88?
At some time, tyranny must be held accountable even if the aftermath is less than ideal for some.
If Bush is such a political fool to lie to the people for all this trouble and no immedeate benifit, he truly is a fool!
The un, iaea and many other alphabet orgs gave him the info we acted on.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
They really had good information (and even if it was it was 10 years old)....

If you can't tell, I'm not being serious.

[Edited on 6-23-2003 by Cammo Dude]

top topics

join