It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were the Jews Expecting the Son of God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This came up in my western civilization class and our very evangelical teacher didn't know.

Were the Jews expecting a warrior king who was the son of God, or just (just lol) a warrior King who would be the next prophet?

All I can find from Google is a bunch of Christian sites with Jewish in their site name and every story claiming Christianity was right all along. Lol

Which would be extremely silly for a religion to be like "oops were were wrong and Christianity was right... Guess we will all convert."

PS..

What is up with all the Christian sites pretending to be Jewish?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The Jews are still awaiting their Messiah, they leave an empty chair at their tables on the pass over feast
That's a great introduction for you
Go study the meaning of the pass over feast and what it is all about, it's a kind of parable

I am somewhat surprised you are asking the question, your post seems hostile and belittling at the same time

Can you answer this simple question JC, are the Jews awaiting a Messiah now ?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The Christian world will always support and defend Judaism for political reasons. Scripture has nothing to do with it at a certain point.

So why? Because so much of the western world's governments will bend over backwards for Israel. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The Jews are still awaiting their Messiah, they leave an empty chair at their tables on the pass over feast
Go study the meaning of the pass over feast and what it is all about, it's a kind of parable

I am somewhat surprised you are asking the question, your post seems hostile and belittling at the same time

No I meant was/is the messiah they predicted, predicted to be the son of God, or a prophet?

I don't like lies and propaganda, nor hypocracy.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

The Christian world will always support and defend Judaism for political reasons. Scripture has nothing to do with it at a certain point.

So why? Because so much of the western world's governments will bend over backwards for Israel. Simple as that.

No not why do they defend it....

Why are there so many "Christian conspiracy sites" that are masquerading as Jewish sites?

Almost like they think putting Jewish in the site heading provides legitimacy.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Man no one knows lol?!?!

Shouldn't that be common knowledge?!?!

Every bible school teaches they were expecting a warrior King, but was he also expected to be gods son, or was that a later Christian addition?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

It has nothing to do with political reasons, they are for the most part spiritual and biblical reasons

1. Genesis 12:3 "And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee; and
in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed."

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

No I meant was/is the messiah they predicted, predicted to be the son of God, or a prophet?

I dont like lies, propaganda or hypocrisy either
Your question cant be answered because you dont want an answer, your minds already made up.

Jesus was the Messiah as predicted, a prophet and Son of God.
Not to all the Jews or any Muslims

The Jews expected a Messiah King like King David, not a King who would be killed.
Jesus was the Messiah, Jesus set the spiritual captives free, Jesus was not here for a physical kingdom, even He said it was spiritual, the Jews wanted a physical King

Thats why they wont accept Jesus

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Do you have some Old Testament scripture of prophecies that "predict" that the Jewish Messiah will be God incarnated as his own son, as Christians belief Jesus was?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Its all subjective and you wont accept it

There is no point playing games

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Citing actual scripture that might back up your claim isn't game playing. But your refusal to do so does seem to be a game you often play on these boards.
edit on 11-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I dont like lies, propaganda or hypocrisy either
Your question cant be answered because you dont want an answer, your minds already made up.

Not to all the Jews or any Muslims

The Jews expected a Messiah King like King David, not a King who would be killed.
Jesus was the Messiah, Jesus set the spiritual captives free, Jesus was not here for a physical kingdom, even He said it was spiritual, the Jews wanted a physical King

Thats why they wont accept Jesus

No it is a very simple question I bet any Jew could answer...

It's not that hard...

Were the Jews expecting their messiah to be a warrior King who was the son of God?

Or was the son of God part a later addition specific to Christianity?

My mind is made up about the validity of the supernatural side of Christianity.

This is a historical question having nothing to do with weather of not any religion is true...

Do whatever passages of the Torah that predicted a messiah, say that he would be the divine son of God, or was the original prediction expecting a prophet like Moses, David, exc???

I really expected this to be a quick answer either way, that everyone but me knew.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

This is a very "easy" question that doesn't really add or subtract from Christianity.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

This is a very "easy" question that doesn't really add or subtract from Christianity.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

This came up in my western civilization class and our very evangelical teacher didn't know.

Were the Jews expecting a warrior king who was the son of God, or just (just lol) a warrior King who would be the next prophet?

All I can find from Google is a bunch of Christian sites with Jewish in their site name and every story claiming Christianity was right all along. Lol

Which would be extremely silly for a religion to be like "oops were were wrong and Christianity was right... Guess we will all convert."

PS..

What is up with all the Christian sites pretending to be Jewish?

the Jewish Messiah is nothing like the Christian version...

Said Messiah is supposed to be a great political leader that will rid the world of Evil, and restore their religious system, including their courts... Which by the way, is one of the many reasons they rejected Jesus

This person will be Human, not a god... or demigod... or anything supernatural for that matter...

He will be a great leader on the political and military scene of the world...

So they're waiting on a leader... and a warrior, not a king... and most definitely not a Son of God, or "The" son of God... or anything of the sort

Hope that helps

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

While we're waiting for an answer.......

He will be a great leader on the political and military scene of the world...

Could it be?????

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

LMAO!!

wow... Pretty accurate at the end at least

Boom!! LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Isaiah 7:14

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

No it is a very simple question I bet any Jew could answer...

It's not that hard...

Were the Jews expecting their messiah to be a warrior King who was the son of God?

Or was the son of God part a later addition specific to Christianity?

My mind is made up about the validity of the supernatural side of Christianity.

This is a historical question having nothing to do with weather of not any religion is true...

Do whatever passages of the Torah that predicted a messiah, say that he would be the divine son of God, or was the original prediction expecting a prophet like Moses, David, exc???

I really expected this to be a quick answer either way, that everyone but me knew.

Yes the Jews were expecting a Warrior King, Christ is that, will be that, probably soonish, but not for Israel, for all of humanity

"And I saw heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and He who say upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and wages war. And His eyes are a flame of fire, and upon His head are many crowns; and He has a name written which no one knows except Himself. And He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood; and His name is called the Word of God. And the armies, which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. And from his mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may smite the nations; and he will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the winepress of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. And on his robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Revelation 19:11-16)."

Exodus 15:3
"The LORD is a warrior; The LORD is His name.

Psalm 78:65
Then the Lord awoke as if from sleep, Like a warrior overcome by wine.

Isaiah 9:7
There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.

Isaiah 26:11
O LORD, Your hand is lifted up yet they do not see it. They see Your zeal for the people and are put to shame; Indeed, fire will devour Your enemies.

Isaiah 31:4
For thus says the LORD to me, "As the lion or the young lion growls over his prey, Against which a band of shepherds is called out, And he will not be terrified at their voice nor disturbed at their noise, So will the LORD of hosts come down to wage war on Mount Zion and on its hill."

Isaiah 37:32
"For out of Jerusalem will go forth a remnant and out of Mount Zion survivors. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."'

Isaiah 59:17
He put on righteousness like a breastplate, And a helmet of salvation on His head; And He put on garments of vengeance for clothing And wrapped Himself with zeal as a mantle.

Was Christ a latter addition, its arguable and your position in this argument is clear, makes a discussion pointless.

bible.org...
If you are interested

Your minds made up so I wont waste my time

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Thats is your opinion, Windy is not a person who asks questions because he wants answers
Windy likes to argue

Please answer Windys question if you have the answer

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join