It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth - a Meditation (compliments of NASA/real time). What does it evoke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Earth, in Real Time (with nice music)

A Guided Meditation

Hang with it, for at least 10 minutes, preferably 20.

Don't jump on this with any biases whatsoever.

Leave that all behind.

Be at peace.

Just let it be whatever it is that it is.

STOP THINKING about it, and if your mind begins to wander, to speculate, to flit around just let it come back to presence. This is in real time.

Lay no conditions upon it.

Come to rest with it, be comfortable, and allow all judgements to pass away, and all choices and imperatives.

If there are dishes to do, go do them and come back, and give this the time of your presence that this deserves.

If dishes have already been long forgotten, # this dishes, this is by far more interesting.

Everything can wait...

It wasn't that important anyway.

Now, allow a curiosity to begin to develop in the back of your mind, but try to refrain from forming any question about it, and set aside the question posed in the OP in case something else might arise and make itself available, not as an intellectual pursuit of any kind or to try to get a grip, say on the Space Station, if not one's own observing filter or position as an bundle of preconceptions and personality traits. Consider yourself and what you already thought you knew, to be absurd.

Try, more and more to just let go and not lay anything on it.

Come back to presence, with it.

Now begin to allow subject and object duality to start to blur, then fade away.

And, 2hile retaining that mirthful curiosity...

begin to allow the framing of the environment around your computer screen to be included in the simple beingness of the "observation", but without placing any conditions on it of any kind whatsoever and without losing presence to the gradual turning of the planet amid the shifting cloud and ocean and land formations.

Don't even allow the fractal nature of the differentiation between cloud and water and land to distract you and get you thinking about it.

Just be with it all and let it all look back into you as if to be is to be perceived (and by that I don't mean aliens).

Now, when you get to that special place and remain in it, for at least 5 minutes, while retaining that curiosity...

What begins to arise for you that's outside of the domain of everything you thought you knew already, about what it all is and who you are and what you're supposed to think about, and about yourself, or what I'm typing or what you're going to say to look good and be right, or maybe argue with someone else that what arose for them is wrong or not as good as your own interpretation. Let yourself be absurd..

Release from all your reality filters and come back to it again if the consideration caused you to snap back into your old box

Let it be something new, something novel, something that you just didn't really appreciate before doing this little exercise...

In the back of your mind, know that all knowledge resides in the space of what you didn't even known you didn't know before...

It's ok to smile for no reason or be moved to tears

No worries.

It's all good.

If your heart is moved to consider the plight of others, accept that sorrow and suffering as a part of it all, while noting also the joy and the bliss of what remains and that includes all the heartache and sorrows, that transcends them but doesn't negate them. Cry if you must, but don't forget that smile you had before

If you're moved, let yourself be moved. Go into those places and be there...

If you are unmoved, let your unmoved movement move you because it too carries with it an experience, maybe another smile..

What's there in this space of being with?

What new knowledge, in the knowledge of personal experience can make itself available, even if only as an mere inkling of something that was outside our normal considerations and projections.

What did it evoke for you?

Please report your impressions, no matter what they might have been.

Me I don't really know who or what I am or what's really going on, and that's ok. It's a relief! But oh such gratitude, to where what & whom, precisely, I can't even really say, but it's not without it's own meaning and significance, the experience itself, or that there is an occurrence of life that allow me to spend this time with you and "ours", not as something that belongs to us, but as something that we belong to as a shared experience, yet each one unique to each and every person, that fundamental beingness that's our own experience yet also touches the one same ground of being framed by a sparkling cosmological crown of glory, in real time.

Thank you for participating, and for being here with me to share this experience.

For whatever it's worth, I love you. I don't know what else to DO? Nothing else makes any sense to me. lol (wiping away the tears).

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Cont'd

Now, go back to it, into that space you were in, the space of unconditional being with, and just note (without making a big deal out of it) the number of other people watching it, at this very moment, on the same planet with you, and just note as the number fluxuates as some of them log on, and off, and on, while also noting that some of them will include your fellow ATS members who are doing this mediation with you, right now, at the same time as you..

We don't know much, but we do know that we're in this together, each with our own unique personal experience.

Consider also that real knowledge, isn't something in the head, like learned info about stuff but is something else, an experience and a knowingness and a beingness..

Something is definitely happening, but instead of viewing it in an isolated context, I want you to now move your frame of reference, along with your friends (that number of people watching who include other ATS'rs) to recognize that it's framed by the whole of the REST of IT ALL.....

Be with that now...

If you like, glance at my background pic from the Hubble to enhance the consideration...

That IS the frame of reference within which what is happening, is happening, and you're a part of it, and so am I. We know that for sure.

Begin with that one and only presupposition that is the only known FACT that we can be certain of..

What this means or signifies is rather hard to say...

Be with that now, that on the one hand it can't be meaningless and insignificant, but on the other we don't know what's really going on or who or what we really are, or what precisely it means or signifies, only that it's happening and we are sharing in the experience, together..

Can you sense the presence of your fellow ATS'rs and if so, what are you getting from them and what would you wish for them to get from what you're getting out of it - then report back right here in this thread, to actualize the contemplation, as a shared mediation and feedback loop.

Not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to come up with the best possible mediation experience, which is always better when you're not entirely alone in it.

I love you more and more (but yea, I know, don't get TOO close!).

Also, if/when you decide to participate in this thread, before and as you do, try to notice what that implies as you express and manifest aspects of your own experience in the form of a communication to others, and consider going back into it and doing it again, at predetermined times so as to synchronize your mediation with your ATS friends and neighbors.

Just seems like a good addition to the premise of the OP, since you can also know that others are doing it with you at the same time and exploring what arises for them, then sharing that experience.

Best regards,

Ankh

edit on 11-9-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I evokes the sense of being lied to. Its a reaffirmation that there are people out their who want to lie to me and make my perceive falseness as truth for their own agenda. I know the earth is flat. No high def computer generated video or all the might in the world will make me admit otherwise.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CunningPerson

I evokes the sense of being lied to. Its a reaffirmation that there are people out their who want to lie to me and make my perceive falseness as truth for their own agenda.

For me, had you stopped here, it would have been so much better, but I honor you're right to see or know something else in your own personal experience as you have that right.

For you it's not real as it's been presented. Therefore in many ways, the meditation itself isn't really possible for you in your view that that's a computer generated hoax.

I am just so interested in what people's reaction/responses are to this exercise, and I thank you for your contribution and feedback.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If everyone looked at the earth from space for 5 minutes a day, the world would be a better place.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'll tell of something that comes up for me.

It's like an energy that wells up from from my root to heart chakra centers and radiates from there, then rises to the throat, and only to the degree that I allow it rises into my head, which because I can't compute what I'm really observing in the largest possible context, reverts back down and rises again from the root and core to the heart.

In my minds eye, a feeling like a childhood memory surfaces.

And the notion that I've been doing a whole lot of worrying over nothing. That it's all "ok", and couldn't be any other way.

It also makes me feel, reverting back to my own self interest that a fresh start and new ways of being are possible out of which flows my life experience.

It makes me want to love more, to be more patient and understanding and less a little knot of concerns and complaints and things to rail against.

I also get that we're responsible, but much moreso than we might have considered, how we react and respond to the circumstances and vicissitudes of life, which makes me want to laugh at myself for being so absurd.

A sense of regret then arises when I see and recognize how much I've taken it all for granted.

It's like a special privilege to behold.

I must not forget again, and get re-absorbed by the small stuff.

The feeling in the heart is very strong, where there's a lot of sorrow, and the potential for a lot of joy available, and a loneliness that I might be alone in this experience, this knowing, which makes me very sad the degree to which my fellow man isn't available.

Please join me in this meditation and contemplation and sharing. Please?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I meditate and firmly believe that it is the way which humanity must be taught if we are to survive.

However, the screen images, while labelled as "Live" do not seem to be. Perhaps taped delayed? I can accept that the camera takes a slow rate of images, but can that explain that up the upper left at the curvature of the horizon there are frequent freezes and "catchups" that must cover several seconds?

I've learned never to expect too much from the ISS videos, whether alleged UFOs, as some claim, or that NASA just happened to lose the signal just when things started to get interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Thanks. Will watch during quiet time tonight.
Peace and blessings.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yeah it's probably time delayed, just in case ie: aliens.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork What meditation? It's more like hypnosis here.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If everyone looked at the earth from space for 5 minutes a day, the world would be a better place.

Yes - if you realised that you are merely space with earth appearing in/on it - life would be more harmonious! If you realised that you are the ever present aware space (like a tv screen) with images moving on it then you would not identify yourself with any thing. If you are not a thing - no thing would ever bother you.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Exactly

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I doubt the word " NASA " is compatible with peace and serenity , here on ATS . Perhaps , better use some other imagery.

Sorry , I could not join in . The music was morbid and the planet looked plasticky rather than beautiful mother earth.

I can see that you are capable to leading a guided meditation where participants can hear, smell and feel the environment that you lead them into. However, this NASA clip does not work for me. Sorry

edit on 12-9-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join