It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obamacare causing medical insurance collapse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Darkmadness

www.alternet.org...

. Bill Clinton helped gut America’s manufacturing base by promoting and passing the North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA, in 1993, when Democrats controlled Congress.

Yeah. Bill did a great job. You sure you remember the 90s?

lol, george bush set it in motion.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The OP has to have tongue in cheek. Thanks very much for the laughs! That was great! Kudos, stars, flags.

Please move this to the jokes forum.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Yes, Bush signed it. Clinton was the one who implemented it.

articles.baltimoresun.com...

December 18, 1992|By Gilbert A. Lewthwaite | Gilbert A. Lewthwaite,Washington Bureau WASHINGTON -- President Bush signed the North American Free Trade Agreement yesterday, and his successor-in-waiting Bill Clinton immediately announced that he would not seek the treaty's renegotiation.

edit on 11-9-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Zoning laws(nimbyism), international free trade, excess labor supply(immigration, illegal and H1B), unrealistic pension systems. ACA causing high % of high deductible plans, retirees not retiring causing a labor supply log jam, collapse of marriage/nuclear families, national debt, college debt.

all according to plan.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I good rule of thumb, for me at any rate, is to think of the opposite of the program name to understand the true implications of what it will actually do. "Affordable Health Care" really means health care that everyone must pay for, but can't afford and ultimately can't use. The same method can be used on the comments made by the politicians that explain a program to you. "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" is a good example.

Of course when they tell you they have to pass it to understand what's actually in a bill means that they know full well whats in it and understand it completely. Naturally, if it is a program that is "good" for the citizens, it's actually bad and one they will not be required to use.
edit on 11-9-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added an extra comment

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Darkmadness

I wouldn't worry about this, as long as we elect Hillary she can help us get through the coming financial disaster we are leaving for our children. The ones graduating college with massive debt and no jobs.

This is a joke, right? You just forgot the sarcasm tags. What expertise in the financial area does Hillary have--other than money laundering and taking bribes for access, I mean?

First off.. she is the most qualified candidate in the history of the earth. Secondly she has immense experience in the financial markets she's going to put Bill in charge and you remember the 90's don't you?

How can you even suggest such a thing.

Really starting to think you're a parody of the Clinton supporters.

Either that or CTR have set the bar incredibly low.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You mean... the average pay of a healthcare CEO will drop from $14 million a year???? That's terrible! (average CEO pay for healthcare providers) The pharmaceutical companies will have to drop their massive profit margins? Horrendous! (Epi pen cost to manufacture is about $30, sells for $600) Congress will have to allow Medicare and Medicaid to negotiate volume prices with pharmaceutical companies? Outrageous! (currently forbidden by the corrupt and bought out Congress) Lawsuits might have to be brought down from astronomical numbers? (millions to tens of millions of dollars for malpractice suits) What is this world coming to? I know... let the "Free Market" handle it all! No rules, just pay the price demanded! So what if they have you over a barrel? So what if an aspirin tablet costs $10? So what if you can't afford insurance or health care on the Trickle Down plan? (note.... what is allowed to trickle down is usually reserved for bedpans and urinals)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I about choked to death on my coffee,this is most rediculous thing I have ever read,I kept waiting for the punchline

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If the giant health insurance corps all fall into ruin and close up shop, due to the ACA or any other reason, STANDING OVATION for whatever caused it to happen!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness No. It's someone looking at you like you're an idiot. You'd think you'd seen that enough to know.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
OP is pure brilliance!!

Well done sir.

If anyone is confused, just click on the OP's other threads, it's pure sarcasm GOLD.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

So, in other words, as his term comes to a close, he is doing exactly what he set out to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
ObamaCare (aka Unaffordable Care Act) is only causing INDIVIDUAL health plans to collapse. Those on group plans at work are not noticing much of a difference, other than higher premiums and deductibles. That's been occurring every year since the mid 1990's.

Only 8% of Americans are insured through health plans that they have to buy themselves...either directly from the insurance company, or from Healthcare.gov.
edit on 9/13/2016 by carewemust because: ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join