It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hillary Clinton should withdraw for health reasons, how should the DNC proceed?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
That's obvious.

The person that should have been on the ticket to begin with.

Bernie Sanders.

I'm not so sure how Bernie will fare with his anti-establishment supporters after this one

Actually who the hell am I trying to kid, this is American politics and that was more than a week ago, I'm sure no one remembers that.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: DJW001

I'll have to check, but my first thought is that it would go to her VP. I know that's the case after being sworn in (the VP being the first in the line of succession).

Now that I think about it, I need to look up the replacement process before a presidential election takes place as well as the replacement process for the time period between being elected and being sworn in.

See the 20th Amendment par. 4 - Congress was tasked with providing a procedure for this. I wonder if they did.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't think she'll drop out either. The establishment (I hate that term now) does not want a President who isn't beholden to them and Bernie can't be played. God how unbelievably sad not enough people recognized the value in that alone...

Anyway, if by some miracle she did drop out (I don't wish her or anyone else ill or harm), I feel like that the DNC would absolutely have to go with Bernie or there would be such huge backlash they might be the party to die first in this election.

At this point though I don't think there are too many undecided voters, this may not hurt Hillary enough to cost Democrats the election.

Sorry but Bernie got played and bought! He will sell out to get to the top if given the chance.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

A yuuuge issue Trump could have used against Bernie Sanders but really can't anymore is that Bernie and his wife honeymooned in Russia...because Trump seems to be okay with Russia now too. The U.S. and Russia did team up to win the European phase of World War II, with Russia carrying most of the water, so it's not like they haven't played well in the past. Long answer shorter, the dems need to replace Hillary and Bernie seems like the next in line. Since the top levels of the DNC resigned because it became public that they were fixing the primaries for Clinton, when the opening occurs, hopefully within the next week, not giving it to Bernie would seem quite unfair. If they pass on him and pick Biden instead, Bernie will probably insist that Kaine step off and give the VP spot to Warren.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Honestly I think Biden is the only successful "out" the DNC has now. Bernie was un-loyal to his supporters, and Hillary's campaign is basically a sinking ship. This recent video of her passing out will for sure become a commercial by Trump's campaign, and a large majority of voters are reactive in general, so seeing this over and over closer to polling time will be devastating.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The DNC is surely looking to replace her. This 911 incident alone is maybe not enough, but with all of the other medical problems and the leaks the top dem strategists know that there is now no room for another medical emergency...she's used her last medical emergency card, one that will be knocked around tomorrow's cable and network news programs and analysts like a Ping-Pong ball in a wind tunnel. Biden can win with Warren and maybe won't win if he keeps Kaine, but because Sanders can't logically be passed over this time without a voice in the matter he would likely insist on Warren for VP. I don't think U.S. women would put up with a ticket without one of the spots going to a woman.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

She's clearly got something going on with her throat which has gone
from a lot of throat clearing during her acceptance speech to increa-
singly more frequent and prolonged coughing.
My guess? She's been doing a massive amount of speaking, ...

The thing is, any weakness is seized upon. Every nod, every stumble,
every time she pauses to think of a word — whatever — it's all being
scrutinized. Medically, she could have a perfectly clean bill of health
and just be mildly fatigued.

Extra bold my own about the health issue, we'll get there.

This is the most I've ever said in favor of a presidential can-
didate that I cannot support; but is offered in the spirit of
fairness alone. Beat me up all you like, but the issue is Hil's
health... just that, ignoring the legendary mound of others.

As double-down time is here and unavoidable, ante, I'll up it.
Hillary is and has only recently exposed herself to what even
her own media horde has called 'questioning'-- either by
quick pressers or flying people along on the plane with her.

Forget for a second that she went into a cough-up in the
middle of an airborne-- she's almost 70 and talking ALL the time.
The stress of using something like your throat 10 or 12 hours a
day will rip one to shreds.. It did for me when I was 35 to 40,
giving rank and file quality training. I won't make any excuses
for whatever is genuinely wrong with her, but the point:
IS, NOBODY KNOWS FOR SURE.

Back to the exposure thing-- if she IS compromised enough to
not run, wouldn't it be fair to have the Big Guy everybody can
trust with the white lab coat actually tell us that it's just
viral pneumonia, and she'll be out of the woods in two weeks?
Because the rest of this not-even-if-yet "What do we
do NOW?" is predictably jumping the gun again.
I think the Surgeon General or somebody else halfway reliable
could have a sufficiently wide open calendar to tell us if she's
going to live until January 20th. It's the least he can do.

I "like" the idea of Hillary winning the election less than almost
anybody on the site, but it's Sunday night.. on the day she and
her near-70 earthly form might have just had enough.
If she walked out of Chelsea's place looking ready to wrestle
Putin AND his pet black bear, after a carrot and B12 smoothie--
and three units of fresh preheated virgin corpuscles, so be it.

Downside (and possibly obvious): loss of equilibrium, no matter
what the root cause, is a deal breaker. Let's have the prognosis.
Good tomorrow or Tuesday would be a note from the doctor, Ma'm.

edit on Sun Sep 11 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote .. Quote Crash Course

edit on 11-9-2016 by derfreebie because: Thanks, DT.. Kind of verbose and huge

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
It is now becoming clear that Hillary Clinton may not be able to handle the stress of the campaign as well as she had hoped. If she does withdraw, how should the DNC proceed? Who would you like to see on the ticket?

MOD NOTE
please read.....

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
How ironic it would be if the DNC puts Sanders up if Hillary quits.

After screwing him and what not.

Dick Morris (where's he been?) feels that Joe Biden is on his way to be Hillary's replacement.
Ref: www.newsmax.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I would have to agree there, but I don't think Biden could beat Trump. With this episode today, it's a slam-dunk for the Trump campaign. He will be the next president, the DNC literally has no-one that at this stage of the game could beat him.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Well as the Establishment seem to desperately want a Clinton in the Whitehouse, why not give Chelsea a crack at it?
[/quote

] LOL

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Hopefully it isn't Bernie. If he holds the Presidency like he operated his campaign, he is going to get slapped around like the weak little old man that he is. If someone either threatens him or offers him money, he will do whatever they say.

Just like he fell in line and "endorsed" Clinton. He would be the best little puppet because he is a weak husk of a man.

Principled my burro.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

It is now becoming clear that Hillary Clinton may not be able to handle the stress of the campaign as well as she had hoped. If she does withdraw, how should the DNC proceed? Who would you like to see on the ticket?

MOD NOTE
please read.....

They don't have a choice. Per DNC rules it would fall to Bernie.

Unless of course they throw the rules out and do what they will

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
a reply to: Swills

Conspiracy theorists? Are you blind and unable to watch the video? In that case i suggest you get a friend to watch it for you and describe what happened.

You may be shocked at the facts....

He does have a point. All we have here is an isolated episode that may be little more than exhaustion. The right wing conspirosphere has been trumpeting pure speculation and outright lies to create the impression that she is a complete invalid.

BUT added to the other clips from the last few weeks and what do you have? Show something is defiantly not right there. Even if it isn't a "health" issue and is just her getting wornout on the trail. How is she going to handle the stress of the job if the campaign is doing this much damage?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

BUT added to the other clips from the last few weeks and what do you have?

A mass of desperate speculation, hoaxes, and lies that only appear to be vindicated by a single incident. The hoax videos coming from the Trump camp have been so transparent that I was disinclined to believe that this incident actually happened. The Trump camp are the boy who cried wolf. I seriously expected to see a clip of Clinton stumbling on a loose cobblestone edited to play over and over in slow motion with special effects turning her green as ominous music played. Turned out she was under the weather yesterday after all.

Given her age, there is some serious question as to whether she will be able to stand the strain of the office. That is for her to decide, not the court of public opinion.
edit on 12-9-2016 by DJW001 because: Edit to be more polite. --DJW001

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
A Friendly Reminder.....

Let's stick to the topic of the OP.

This thread is NOT in the Mud Pit, and there for normal Terms and Conditions apply.

NO political trolling. Such as calling supporters of a candidate names or using insults. That will not be tolerated.

If any do this, your post will be removed for it, and you will receive twice the warnings of any normal removal.

If you find that you can not stick to the topic, or that you MUST insult people, try refraining from posting, or go visit the Political Mud Pit and post there where it's allowed.

You have been warned.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

They don't have a choice. Per DNC rules it would fall to Bernie.

It has been pointed out several times that is not true. The rules are that the Democratic National Committee will meet to choose a replacement:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unless of course they throw the rules out and do what they will

That has been a theme in this election. It is almost as though there is an organized campaign to undercut Americans' faith in liberal democracy. But who could possibly want that?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

See the 20th Amendment par. 4 - Congress was tasked with providing a procedure for this. I wonder if they did.

That covers the President-elect. If Clinton wins and resigns it goes to the VP-elect, Kaine. It would be up to the DNC to replace her if she resigns before the election. You must be dreaming if you think Congress would even think of doing their job and fixing the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hi DJW001

No matter what happens, whether it be Hillary's radical Muslim VP, or some commie like George Soros, one thing is guaranteed; low-information voters will bloc-vote straight Democrat.

Ditto applies to the millions of illegal aliens who happen to be registered voters (they were registered to vote by the National Communist La Raza during the riots during the Bush administration) Illegal aliens will also bloc-vote straight democrat, along with dead voters, convicted felons, and hacked Dibold voting machines.

It's a possibility that the Democrats could halt all campaigning and still win, with millions of low-information voters and illegal alien voters already guaranteed. Illegal aliens are given free transportation to the polls, chartered busses paid for with our tax dollars. Black Panther enforcement will ensure that every vote is straight Democrat.

Hillary must be very proud of the ways the Democrats get their votes.

Time to stock up on Preparation-H.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

BUT added to the other clips from the last few weeks and what do you have?

A mass of desperate speculation, hoaxes, and lies that only appear to be vindicated by a single incident. The hoax videos coming from the Trump camp have been so transparent that I was disinclined to believe that this incident actually happened. The Trump camp are the boy who cried wolf. I seriously expected to see a clip of Clinton stumbling on a loose cobblestone edited to play over and over in slow motion with special effects turning her green as ominous music played. Turned out she was under the weather yesterday after all.

Given her age, there is some serious question as to whether she will be able to stand the strain of the office. That is for her to decide, not the court of public opinion.

Hoax's?

SO all the bad said against Hillary is a Hoax and all the bad against Tump in the gospel?

Lets not forget that some of these question are coming from the MSM also.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join