It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hillary Clinton should withdraw for health reasons, how should the DNC proceed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If the media holds off disclosing Hillary's insulin pump as long as they did 911 the party could chose another candidate.
Oh wait...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: ColaTesla

He doesnt have a point, Todays episode along with all the other episodes clearly shows the clinton is dying.

We are all dying, every day of our life. The question is whether Clinton has a medical condition that will prevent her from performing the duties involved in the office of President. Trump has such a medical condition: psychosis.

She has a medical condition which would prevent her from performing the duties of a manager at McDonald's, never mind the President of the USA.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

She has a medical condition which would prevent her from performing the duties of a manager at McDonald's, never mind the President of the USA.

In your qualified medical opinion, what might that be? We have had Presidents with polio, asthma, heart disease, chronic back pain, alcoholism, Alzheimer's, morbid obesity, Marfan's syndrome.... some of them were among our greatest statesmen. What does Hillary have that, in your opinion, disqualifies her?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

In your qualified medical opinion, what might that be? We have had Presidents with polio, asthma, heart disease, chronic back pain, alcoholism, Alzheimer's, morbid obesity, Marfan's syndrome.... some of them were among our greatest statesmen. What does Hillary have that, in your opinion, disqualifies her?

That she can't stand long enough on her own to make a sandwich.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I don't know where people get this blue collar narrative from Biden, the high school he went to had a $20,000 per year tuition.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

That she can't stand long enough on her own to make a sandwich.

In other words, you got nothing.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
a reply to: Swills

Conspiracy theorists? Are you blind and unable to watch the video? In that case i suggest you get a friend to watch it for you and describe what happened.

You may be shocked at the facts....

He does have a point. All we have here is an isolated episode that may be little more than exhaustion. The right wing conspirosphere has been trumpeting pure speculation and outright lies to create the impression that she is a complete invalid.

Seriously? This is an "isolated incident"???? It's yet another in a long series of documented and filmed incidents of faltering, stumbling, choking, coughing, reacting inappropriately, needing help climbing a small set of stairs, etc. Do you REALLY think this is "isolated"? Where have you been? Your favorite crook is one sick puppy. This is not because "the pollen counts was high." (It wasn't.) or "because of the heat." (It wasn't very hot.) I have no idea what is wrong here, but SOMETHING is. You apologists are in denial.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

If Hillary Clinton should withdraw for health reasons, how should the DNC proceed?

There are plenty of threads to talk about Hillary and her health.
Please allow this thread to be about discussing what could happen were she forced to quit the race!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

If the DNC is serious about beating Trump, has anyone heard rumors of the organization pre-picking a Hillary replacement in the past 2 weeks? I'm sure the DNC knows what her "handlers" know.. That Hillary's health is declining. Right?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
She probably just handed the White House to Trump. Whether she was overheated in her I-come-from-the-future pantsuit, has been sufffering from an ailment she's been trying to hide or was struck with some KGB poison courtesy of Putin, this most recent video is going to sink her.

She could withdraw but it's probably too late at this point given states' ballot deadlines. I'm not familiar with the DNC guidelines for re-selection if the nominee withdraws/dies/goes to prison/etc but we're talking about a logistical nightmare in many states regardless.

If Hillary were to drop out now and Sanders were nominated in a greatly expedited selection process (they sure as hell won't reconvene), Clinton will show up on ballots in some states and Sanders would not. This only gets worse with each passing week.

In some states, voters could cast a vote for "Clinton" and the electors would in turn vote for Sanders but in other states the DNC would likely be forced to into court to get those votes counted for Sanders.
edit on 2016-9-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I haven't read all the comments, but I found this. If it has already been presented, apologies.

If one of their candidates vacates the ticket after they are nominated, either because of death or withdrawal, the party selects a replacement.

Both the Republican and the Democratic parties have rules in their bylaws governing how to fill the vacancy. The Party Chair calls a meeting of the National Committee, and the Committee members at the meeting vote to fill the vacancy on the ticket. A candidate must receive a majority of the votes to win the party's nod.
teachinghistory.org...

So, I would assume the DNC would convene a meeting of the National Committee and there would be a vote.

I think it will be Joe Biden. I have said that for months.
edit on 11-9-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
IF this is a legitimate "health issue", I definitely agree that the DNC should put Bernie Sanders up.... I would also love for Biden to be nominated by the party.

I'd better go to the doctor now, because I passed out from the heat once, too.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Biden didn't have the emotional energy after the death of his son to run a tough campaign. But, he is popular although very much establishment.

Trump against Hillary would be a knockout for him. I think she would be pretty easy to tear up in a debate. There's just too much on her to use.

Biden, on the other hand?....Let's just put it this way: If Donald has been prepping for Hillary, Biden is a whole different ball of wax. Trump will have to put it in high gear to change his target of attack.

(post by Moresby removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I have just skimmed the DNC Charter. There is nothing specific about how to proceed should a nominated candidate withdraw, but Article Two, Section 1(c) gives the Democratic National Committee the authority to "[fill] vacancies in the nominations for the office of the President and Vice President." It sounds like they can start from scratch and choose whoever they want.

I'm also wondering if Bernie's having already registered himself back as an Independent would create a loop hole? He's not currently a registered Democrat.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
She appears to be fine now so I doubt this will go much further.

More like, she seems fine FOR now.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Lets hope there's another incident like this during the debates. That'd be a campaign killer for sure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join