It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hillary Clinton should withdraw for health reasons, how should the DNC proceed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It is now becoming clear that Hillary Clinton may not be able to handle the stress of the campaign as well as she had hoped. If she does withdraw, how should the DNC proceed? Who would you like to see on the ticket?

MOD NOTE
please read.....
edit on Sun Sep 11 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That's obvious.

The person that should have been on the ticket to begin with.

Bernie Sanders.

link   
According to DNC rules if a nominee drops out the candidate with the next highest number of delegates gets the nomination.

So the question is, if she does drop out, will Bernie accept the nomination or renege on his revolution.

link   
a reply to: DJW001

Becoming clear? Clear to whom? Right wingers and their wacky conspriacy theories?

Look, if the email scandal isn't going to stop her from becoming president do you really think any kind of illness would?

The answer is no. Now, say hello to your next president of the United States of America, Hillary.

What an awful election cycle this has been.
edit on 11-9-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Bernie. Like Dennis Kucinich, I'd vote for the guy purely on anti-establishment ethics despite not agreeing with his actual policies. I'd still pick Ron Paul over Dennis, and Trump over Bernie, but I'm serious about all this. I used to promote Dennis alongside Ron back in '08. Bernie was already out by the time I started making campaign noise this time or I would have been in the threads defending him against the DNC Establishment horde.
edit on 11-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'll have to check, but my first thought is that it would go to her VP. I know that's the case after being sworn in (the VP being the first in the line of succession).

Now that I think about it, I need to look up the replacement process before a presidential election takes place as well as the replacement process for the time period between being elected and being sworn in.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well as the Establishment seem to desperately want a Clinton in the Whitehouse, why not give Chelsea a crack at it?

link   
a reply to: Swills

You're welcome to join in the thread:
**BREAKING** Hillary just left 9/11 ceremony with medical episode.

link   

originally posted by: Swills

Becoming clear? Clear to whom? Right wingers and their wacky conspriacy theories?

Look, if the email scandal isn't going to stop her from becoming president do you really think any kind of illness would?

The answer is no. Now, say hello to your next president of the United States of America, Hillary.

What an awful election cycle this has been.

that video of Hillary is too damming,she will bow out soon

On topic Bernie

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

This thought occurred to me too.

My first thought was if they decided to put Bernie forward again, since he has formally sold his soul in endorsing Clinton, they may feel he is now an acceptable alternative to their Hilbot5000. Additionally I think he would provide a large boost of energy to the DNC who's only energy right now seems to be from bashing Trump. It would be very close if this were to happen.

Also this close to the election, I don't see any alternative outside of Bernie for the DNC that would have a shot of winning if Clinton had to drop out. Or (please please please) die.

I don't like any of these situations, but I'll give Trump a shot over either of the other two.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Bernie.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
According to DNC rules if a nominee drops out the candidate with the next highest number of delegates gets the nomination.

So the question is, if she does drop out, will Bernie accept the nomination or renege on his revolution.

A better question would be, will Bernie have to give back the payoff from Clinton that got him to back off in the first place? Lol

Cheers - Dave

link   

I have just skimmed the DNC Charter. There is nothing specific about how to proceed should a nominated candidate withdraw, but Article Two, Section 1(c) gives the Democratic National Committee the authority to "[fill] vacancies in the nominations for the office of the President and Vice President." It sounds like they can start from scratch and choose whoever they want.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Becoming clear? Clear to whom?

Quite clear to those who are not willfully blind:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Well as the Establishment seem to desperately want a Clinton in the Whitehouse, why not give Chelsea a crack at it?

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

edit on 9 11 2016 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
She wont drop out, The goal is to get to the Whitehouse and chelsea can take it from there....

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
She wont drop out, The goal is to get to the Whitehouse and chelsea can take it from there....

Why do you think that? She may be driven, but she's not suicidal.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Conspiracy theorists? Are you blind and unable to watch the video? In that case i suggest you get a friend to watch it for you and describe what happened.

You may be shocked at the facts....

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Conspiracy theorists? Are you blind and unable to watch the video? In that case i suggest you get a friend to watch it for you and describe what happened.

You may be shocked at the facts....

He does have a point. All we have here is an isolated episode that may be little more than exhaustion. The right wing conspirosphere has been trumpeting pure speculation and outright lies to create the impression that she is a complete invalid.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Someones out of the loop!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join