It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you on 911..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

I had my head in a Server Cabinet repairing some kit when the first plane alledgedly hit. A Colleague cam running in to say the second plane had hit and I downed tools to watch the news.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I was in London UK, I was running a Motorcycle store when in the early afternoon a guy that worked there who lived just a street away came rushing in saying a plane had just hit the world trade center.

I will not lie I was only 19 at the time and I was fairly Naive and trusting to the ways of the world, I could not really picture the world trade center as I had never been to the USA at the time and had never really had any interest in New York, I just had visions of a small single engine private plane hitting a building..

It was not until sometime later when the second plane went in, then the news started coming in about the Pentagon and what was going on and the scale of it started to sink in.

I also remember a local guy in the area called Charles stuck his head into the shop and said,

"see all this, it is one of two things. Either someone is paying back the US for what they have done or its for another war!"

Being Naive I had no idea what he was talking about but it did make me start to question what I was seeing and why it happened, the rest as they say is history.

The rest of the day was taken up watching TV then seeing both towers collapse and just hoping people where not in there but we all know it was impossible for certain people to get out, I also remember the anger when I heard about the firemen and service persons that where killed.

9/11 And Diana where for me the largest events I have witnessed by some way in my life, I would hate to think of what would need to happen to topple 9/11 as the biggest to happen in my lifetime..

RA
edit on 11-9-2016 by slider1982 because: sp added

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was at work (UK) - someone came rushing into the office saying a light aircraft had hit the WTC. I didn't even know what the WTC was so someone explained. Went straight on the net to try and find out more but our connection was terrible and couldn't get through. Think it was about 3pm when I managed to get on the CNN site and watched the image of the collapsed towers slowly rendering across the screen.

Also remember some people in the office saying there were about 12 or so planes potentially being used as missiles - such was the uncertainty.

Went to my parents after work and watched the news there. Couldn't believe it. When I got home I'd just gotten some game on the PS2 a week or so before. I couldn't actually play that game for a month or so - it just didn't feel 'right' after what I'd witnessed.
edit on 11-9-2016 by youcanttellthepeople because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2016 by youcanttellthepeople because: Misremembered!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was supposed to go to college that day but decided to smoke with my friends the night before and slept through it. Woke up to a bunch of texts saying the world was ending, turned on the news then went back to bed. I knew the next 3 months of tv after that was gonna be whiny crap but I was wrong...it was more like 6 months and even now 15 years later we still have to hear about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I was at work.

One of my accounting clerks came running over to my office telling me a plane had just hit the world trade center in New York.

We both went back to her desk and sat there listening to the radio. Within a few minutes everyone in the office had gathered around her desk in shock wondering what the hell went wrong ? Was it an air traffic controller screw up ?

But when the second plane hit we knew immediately it was no accident. Needless to say, none of us got any work done that day, we all just sat there glued to the radio listening in shock as the events unfolded.

By about 1pm we all said screw it, closed the office early and went home... We all wanted to get home to our families not knowing if our world was under attack or not or what.

The following week I had to fly out to Edmonton for a 3-day business conference but I was literally scared poopless to get on a plane at that point and was seriously considering about cancelling my trip...

But I put on my big girl panties and went anyways.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
a reply to: Nickn3

Get out of town, you were flying a plane?! That's too weird...

I'd have taken it as a portent of doom and never flown again.

As I was coming back into TYS the FA-18 were lifting off two at a time over on 23 Right with white ones, war shots, on the wings. It freeked out my instructor. The radio was going nuts, the FAA closed all of the airspace over the US at the same time.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
First grade classroom.. my mother was NYPD, but thankfully no where near the towers. She called the school to let them know what happened. There was a TV with it on.. or maybe that was at home after we were picked up.. all I know is I saw the buildings getting hit, then falling on repeat and felt sick because I knew it was full of people.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I was getting ready to take my daughter and a friend to school, both age 10. I looked at
both of them as we all watched the second tower get hit and I said that this was bad
and that a lot of bad things would happen after.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

to be blunt - where i was 15 years ago no longer really matters

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I was in the 7th grade bathroom at middle school. Some random kid told me about it but it didn't register fully at the time. We got sent home early and the bus driver also told us about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I was living in the Poconos, but was actually supposed to be at WTC Plaza on 9-11-01.

I had ordered a new model Audi, and my salesman asked if I wanted to go on an event where Audi of America was going to display a bunch of cars at WTC for noon that day, driving one of their cars.

I accepted, but then declined for no particular reason. It turns out their caravan was stopped outside the tunnel in NJ, and they saw the aftermath.

I can't imagine participating in such a thing as the attacks. Considering the time and distances involved, the odds were spalling against me being part of it, but yeah.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
On my way to work and listening to Gary Radnich on KNBR 680 when he said a plane had hit the WTC.At the time he said(and i'm paraphrasing) what a weird "accident".By the time I got to work it was a whole different story.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I was home eating breakfast in upstate NY; just happened to have the tv on and saw the whole thing from the beginning of the coverage.

My best friend worked in the PANAM building, now called the Met Life building just a few blocks from the WTC and besides the Empire State Building, it's one of the biggest, widest buildings and a landmark.

I called him up and it took some time to get through (this about 8:55 AM) and I told him to 'get out, get out, get out' - he had heard a loud noise but they didn't know yet what had happened.

Their offices were evacuated after the second plane hit and he had to walk out of Manhattan over the Brooklyn Bridge. He didn't get home for over 8 hours that night.

My first thought on seeing the buildings fall was 'that's impossible!!' - complete astonishment. My second thought was 'those were exploded and this was planned for a reason' - it took me several years and a lot of compulsive research but I now know what caused the towers to collapse, and that it most definitely was an inside job.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This is what I remember

A Muslim cleric was put on trial for the twin towers bombing. I don't know if anyone remembers this or not. But they parked a van full of explosives in the basement in the south west corner. Being a bit of an armature architect I analyzed the placement. My conclusion was this. The plan was to cause the tower to fall across New York city leaving a massive footprint of destruction. One as long as the tower was tall.

The van was parked in that one particular corner of the basement on purpose. The plan was to take out that corner and cause the towers to fall in a south west direction rather like felling a tree. Maybe even aiming for some other building to drop the towers on.

So... just what was south west of the towers?

World Financial Center, is a shopping center and office-building complex located across West Street from the World Trade Center site in the Battery Park City neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. Overlooking the Hudson River, Brookfield Place has been home to offices of various companies including Merrill Lynch, RBC Capital Markets, Nomura Group, American Express and Brookfield Asset Management, among others.

Osama said "It is important to concentrate on the destruction of the American economy" and this looked like the plan to me.

Baton Rouge, La

Years later we come to September the eleventh two thousand and one. I'm sleeping on the couch and my roommate comes in waking me up all excited. "Wake up! We're under attack! I've got food." I look, and he has two huge bags of take out food from the restaurant he works at. He sets down the bags as I turn on the TV. One tower is on fire.

He further says "Man, there are cops everywhere downtown like someone stirred up a hornets nest." We are living Downtown Baton Rouge. He says "We had just finished cooking everything for lunch when the boss comes in and says 'I'm not about gettin killed over some food, shut it down!' And he let everyone off."

So I watch, live, as the second plane hits.

Here is my first thought.

"Looks like they are failing to knock the towers over again. See how the one plane came in from a direction where if the tower struck were knocked over it would leave a huge path of destruction in one direction, and the second plane came in from the other direction to knock that tower into it's own path of destruction.

I think the second plane hit higher up cause the pilot saw that the first tower hadn't fallen over."

My roommate just says "Hmm."

Then... when a tower falls I immediately think this.

"That's a controlled demolition. Pretty smart. Letting either tower just fall over would be much worse. Someone did the same analysis on the basement bomb as I did. Too bad no one can ever take credit for it. People would crucify them."

Then he says to me something I'll never forget. He's passed away last year, so I guess I can tell this part now. He says "Wana know how you can get killed. Go to Times Square, unfurl a confederate battle flag, and say ... 'That's what you Yankee's get.' "

I'll admit it. I almost laughed.

And that's it.

For a decade after that have watched America go insane about the issue, seeing dark conspiracies in everything and everyone. Even close friends breathing fire at me when I try to bring up the subject and add in the missing historical context of the previous attempt."

After lurking on the 9/11 forums here for a month back in 2007 I decided that, it was far to volatile a subject, and too many people had too much personally invested in their own theories to consider my version.

My only hope now is that the subject, and 15 year indiction, has cooled off, maybe at least one other person will consider my impression of the matter.

The End
Mike Grouchy

edit on 12-9-2016 by mikegrouchy because: information, format, pictures

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hmmm the day I was in the air heading from London Heathrow to San Francisco to continue on to the VA hospital in Reno for a medical evaluation for service connected disabilities with a chance of compensation and military medical retirement....

We were flying over Edmonton Canada and were forced landed by two US Naval Jets....

Spent 3 days there where we flew back to London without any food as Edmonton is not a British Airways site, in fact its a small aviation airport..... we had only 3 feet of runway before a grass field next to a farm..... Not meant for anything that big!

The VA used my non attendance for the review board as a reason not to reopen my claim......

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Copenhagen Denmark
Was at home sleeping after an all-nighter at work - was editor at trade magazin at that time. Woke up to the clockradio in the afternoon Danish time with the news saying: "It's now 3 hours since The World Trade Center in New York collapsed after a terror attack". Spend the next 48 hours at the office with the news running trying to work.

The world have been so weird with strange on top ever since.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join