It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you on 911..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I had just turned 23 a month before,and was house sitting my parents house..I'll never forget waking up @ 8:30 seeing the first tower bellowing smoke,and thought it might a terrorist attack.But I actually watched live the second plane hit the 2nd tower I knew then it was.Anyways your thoughts/memories?

edit on 11-9-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

I was in 6th grade at Williston Central School (Vermont), and I remember the teachers stopped whatever we were doing and our class and another joined to take a seat on the ground of one of our classrooms as they brought the Television in to watch the news.

It was about 9 in the morning. I remember at the end of the day I went home and cried and was so angry someone named "Osama Bin Laden" had done this to innocent people.

Even from a young age, it didn't take long before I realized many "official" details were fishy.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sophomore year, English class right after home room. I thought the teacher was showing a movie. Some students insisted it was real, I thought everyone was trying to prank me. Teacher confirmed it as class started. I was very angry.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I was in work when Mrs Cobaltic phoned to inform me that a plane had hit one of the towers. She phoned me within ten minutes to tell me the other tower had been hit. She continued to phone me with updates and I really couldn't believe what I was being told.

I was on the phone to her when the Towers started to collapse and she was screaming and crying, I just had to leave work and go home.

Such a tragedy and an unbelievable attack on the World's largest superpower.

edit on 11/9/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
was a tuesday. my day off.
was at home when i got the call to turn on news

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Came home, saw the first tower smoldering, asked what was going on, they said a plane hit it, just as I was asking, How did it hit it? Loose control or something? Right at that moment see another plane come into frame and fly into the 2nd tower.

I must admit, it shocked and awed me.

Remember withing hours or so they had that weird video of supposedly bin laden admitting to it, but previously something about him not knowing who did it but commended it. Next thing I know it's Gulf War Pt 2.

Never a solid answer, just more speculation on SA involvement.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I was home, got a call from my sister to turn CNN on.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It was my senior year of high school and I faked being sick that day. My mother told me I wasn't to watch TV. The house phone rang, it was my neighbor he asked if he could talk to my mother, that something had happened in new York. She turned on the TV just after the second plane hit. The frightening part was a month prior, my family had taken some friends into Manhattan for their first visit. We had gone to battery park then caught the subway in the sub levels of the tower.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
On that clear, cool, Tuesday morning I was a fledgling student pilot preparing for my solo. I took of about 8:30 am in my Chrokee Warrior for a review flight with my instructor. By the time I had landed the plane my whole world had changed.

I have posted this story before with much more detail, but couldn't find it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I was very young at the time in school. A day or two before I stood between those towers with my parents having arrived to the country not too long ago(in July of 2001 if memory serves me well).

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Woke up in Los Angeles at 1:30 in the afternoon.
Had 10 voicemails.
Pulled the tv out from the top shelf of the closet and plugged it in.
I immediately felt it was a false flag and an inside job.
Went to the bar around the corner and had some drinks.
The next day I started my journey down the rabbit hole.
I was 28.

edit on 11-9-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I live in Chicago, but was working in Philadelphia at the time. I worked as a management consultant and traveled a lot for work. I was working on a huge merger and one of the companies was in Philly. The other was based in LA.

I'll never forget one of my co-workers coming over saying a plane hit the World Trade Center. We thought it was a little Cessna or something. Then it became apparent it was a real plane. There weren't any TVs where we so we walked across the street to a hotel which had a bar. It then became obvious SHTF.

Then it hit me. I was actually getting married the upcoming weekend! I am half way across the country. I called my fiance who was in graduate school at the time. I woke her up and told her to turn on TV.

Then it hit me that I had no way to get back home as I knew planes would not be flying. However, I had a rental car. Most of my co-workers were from various parts of the country, so we had a meeting to figure out how we could get back home. Four of us were from Chicago & Detroit, so we just piled in the car and drove back from Philly dropping each other off on the way. What was crazy is you could tell on the way back the roads were full of business travelers trying to make their way home. The mood was definitely somber at all the gas stations / restaurants when we stopped on the way back.

My direct manager was from our Boston office. She was actually supposed to be on Flight 175 as she typically took it to LA to meet with the other company that was merging. She fortunately had a schedule change and thus didn't take the flight.

My wedding was that Saturday. My wife is from NJ and most of her guest list was from that area. Our wedding went from like 400 guest down to about 75. Everyone pretty much had to drive across the country since no one could get a flight. Turned out to be a great wedding though.
edit on 11-9-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was living in NC, talking to a childhood buddy of mine who happened to be a Port Authority officer in NY (We grew up on Long Island NY).
We are both nerds and were talking about Star Wars related stuff, and he got quiet for about 15 minutes, then he came back and told me to turn on my TV. I turned it on to watch the second plane hit the second tower. I didnt notice he logged off for a few minutes as my face was glued to the television.
Like everyone else, I was stuck to the TV for pretty much the rest of the day.
I eventually had to venture out to the grocery store, and driving there, there was NOONE on the streets. It was as if my town was a ghost town. I got to the store and there were hardly any customers. I got my stuff and got home, still no traffic on the streets. It was as if everyone went home, either afraid of local attacks or to watch the news. I even noticed many locally owned stores were closed.
I lived near our local private airport, and usually you can hear planes coming in and out. It was silent.
It was a very strange, heartbreaking and surreal day for me, one which I dont think I'll ever forget.
It was 15 years ago today, and I remember the events as if they happened yesterday.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'd just come back from a meeting , switched on the TV and discovered the world had changed.

RiP the victims.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Get out of town, you were flying a plane?! That's too weird...

I'd have taken it as a portent of doom and never flown again.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Mount Pleasant, Liverpool and it was a beautiful sunny day. There was a group of us buying food from a burger van. The guy behind the counter was talking about this craziness going off in America. It was on his radio and too current for anyone to know exactly what was happening. It wasn't "9/11" or anything, it was a living, happening event and confusion was the key to it - we all had mixed feelings.

We went to mine and watched it live on the news.

I have abiding images, associations that define the chaos. One of them is bodies jumping and another is imagining being on one of those planes and too scared to fight even knowing the cost. Either image represents how vulnerable and colourless we all are when facing death. The obvious counterpoint is that evil people can drive others to the worst deaths.

ETA - the world has always had its problems. Someone seriously poisoned the well on that day. How many deaths as a consequence and how little peace?
edit on 9.11.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I was in a bar. I had been working as a river guide and didn't know until we got off the river around 8:30 and saw it on the TV. The bartender said, "somethings not right about that, It's BS"

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
At home, trying to get a hold of the rents. They were traveling via airplane at the time.

Not a good feeling.

Thought I was gonna have to go on a terrorist killing spree, then they called back

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'm in the UK and had been on Nightshift the night before. I awoke at 17:00hrs on Sept 11th (UK Time) approx noon East Coast American Time, The ex wife had the television on as i walked down stairs and caught the 2nd plane hitting the tower, my initial comment at the time was "wow, excellent special effect"

She told me it was Real ...... i sat there reviewing the news footage until 20:00hrs until i had to go back to work.

Shocked was an understatement

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Maybe you know the Cologne cathedral. There is a big place in front of it, where for decades bmx bikers and skaters used to have their fun. I was one of the BMX riders(Flatland, Street).
During that day a buddy of mine came from home and told me that a plane crashed into the WTC, short before he left home. We thought about an accident. So i rode my BMX bike, he skated the whole day. We heard nothing else, because at this time there was no mobile internet on spying devices, like nowadays. And we were outsides the whole day.

Later, at night, when i went home with some buddies, we watched tv accidentally, we wanted to play Playstation.
Then we saw what happened. But somehow it was a mix of being shocked and being entertained. I thought about the poor people that died that day.

But i asked myself too if US americans really wonder, or did they expect something like this, because of the US governments/armies behaviour in the world. It was not really a surprise that this time the US was hit, but at this time we couldn´t know that the official story has more holes than a damaged fishing net. That it maybe even was a false flag attack. Just to herald the turning point. To change western(christian) governments into surveillance- and police states. And to create a new bogeyman too, because the first cold war was over and russia didn´t scare the western citizens anymore.

I was a little "conspiracy nut" before 9/11, but the time after 9/11 showed us that so called "conspiracy theories"(greetings to the CIA... xD) got real. Faster and faster, from week to week, till today. And that the whole world really is nothing more than stage play, with really bad actors, called politicians and other officials that have to show their face to the public. Not the puppetmasters, but the puppets. And that the west demonizes the east for it´s handling with their citizens, but secretly wants to be and changes to StaSi, GeStaPo states. They want to control the web like china or NK does, they cut our freedom, liberty, spy on us. And use the bogeyman "Muslim, Jihadist, Al Quaeda, "IS" to scare the people, so that they beg for giving away their freedom.

In "exchange" to alleged "security". If i think now about 9/11, then it was day that the switched our world into a 1984ish world. Seen from now this was the worst day for the peoples freedom since 1933!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join