It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you connect with nature?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Yes spirit.

One must dwell in the mystery of darkness and the revelation of light.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
OP

I understand what you're saying. I too feel the same way sometimes, However, for me, who loves to hike and be in the woods as much as possible. There is a great since of tranquility with for example, Sitting quietly next to a bubbling brook surrounded by trees, hearing birds, small animals scurry about and the wind softly blowing in the tree tops, makes me close my eyes and totally release myself into the moment.

Haven't done much of that lately.

I appreciate the thread post.

You should do it more

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I live in a big city. As much as I try to perceive it as just another aspect of nature, and therefore find inspiration and peace in it, I feel the need to escape on a regular basis.
Nothing beats a nice long walk in the woods, or in a big park.
Or stargazing and contemplating a full moon far from the light pollution, and listening to the ocean waves and wind when I go back home or on holiday.
Of course I do agree that enjoying the small things, like you say a cool breeze, is a great way to connect with experience and let go of thought.
Anything that helps one come back to the present moment and feel acceptance for what is, I guess.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I was criticized by someone recently because they believe I seem to be far from nature. If nature only means connecting with an ecosystem, that is true. But, if you look at nature in a broader context, I believe I do connect with nature. I do it constantly.

i believe you connect with too! if you leave a window or door open something might wander in...or just a breeze of clean and clear air!
Great topic here!
i connect with nature by speaking about the weather non stop and watering my pumpkin plant!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You can't connect with nature anymore than a branch can connect with a tree. You are inseparable. The degree to which you recognize and experience that fact is the only thing you can influence.

edit on 27-9-2016 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I get out into nature when I can, now its not too hard, my house backs onto a national reserve, and we get all the native birds coming to feed from the flowers on the native bush around us.

As a Neopagan Druid, of the ADF tradition, I honor the spirits of nature (The Noble Ones) in my daily practices, and my high day rituals. I have offerings made to them regularly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join