It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you connect with nature?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
We have to define what nature is before the question at hand can be answered. The way you define nature will probably determine how you answer the question.

The subatomic aspect of nature is what I'm most concerned with. What I mean by that is a cool breeze hitting my face at the right time in the right place can mean a lot more to me than a kiss from a loved one.

I believe the most important expression of nature is spirit. Thus, I'm of the view that I could connect with nature while sitting alone in an empty room. I've found that it's easier to connect with nature while swimming in a lake or walking in a forest, but things like that aren't necessary for me to connect with nature.

I was criticized by someone recently because they believe I seem to be far from nature. If nature only means connecting with an ecosystem, that is true. But, if you look at nature in a broader context, I believe I do connect with nature. I do it constantly.
edit on 11-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You are one with nature and the universe always.. In the same way a wave is a part of the ocean..
But I do understand we lose that connectivness with the comings and goings of life.. Not to mention electronic devices that seem to numb the connection further.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I mostly watch it.
Sometimes I hunt it(or catch it) and eat it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My home water.....

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
go swim nekkid in a creek in the middle of the woods. works like a charm

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The viewing, the sounds, the smells

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
We have to define what nature is before the question at hand can be answered. The way you define nature will probably determine how you answer the question.
The subatomic aspect of nature is what I'm most concerned with. What I mean by that is a cool breeze hitting my face at the right time in the right place can mean a lot more to me than a kiss from a loved one.
I believe the most important expression of nature is spirit. Thus, I'm of the view that I could connect with nature while sitting alone in an empty room. I've found that it's easier to connect with nature while swimming in a lake or walking in a forest, but things like that aren't necessary for me to connect with nature.
I was criticized by someone recently because they believe I seem to be far from nature. If nature only means connecting with an ecosystem, that is true. But, if you look at nature in a broader context, I believe I do connect with nature. I do it constantly.

I am envious that you can feel nature/spirit so deeply wherever you are.

I prefer to be in nature (away from the city and folks) to reconnect with/rejuvenate my spirit. There is nothing as peaceful, to me, as hiking to the top of the mountain and looking at how beautiful and amazing the world below is. It calms and soothes me in a way that I just have been unable to find anywhere else.

When I am in the woods, I seem to think so much more clearly and many important life decisions have been made at those times. Other times, just being alone there doing nothing but sitting still and becoming like a tree and letting nature's energy come to you and heal you. Letting nature get used to your presence.

For whatever reasons I am unable to block out the noise in the world unless I am physically present in nature away from the concrete jungle.

There is something almost magical about it for me.

The only other place that can equal that is walking in the early morning hours on the beach and watching the sunrise.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Meditation.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I usually catch and release it, except when I fry or grill it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I like to feel the dirt between my fingers when I'm planting things in my garden.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I love it when I get lost on minecraft and end up out in the boonies.
I get that feeling of how big nature is and how small I feel.
Sometimes I'll hike for hours, not seeing anything.
I do breathe a sigh of relief though when I finally run into someone somewhere trying to build something.

Ahh, the great outdoors!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
By seeing it and appreciating/respecting it for what it is and knowing that it is what nourishes me and keeps me alive. Nature is inescapable but we as a species seem to fight against it, it's a losing battle because nature will always win, it will retake Earth after we are gone and things will go back to normal, not this unnatural and harmful system we have in place now.

I connect with nature by connecting with myself because I am nature trying to know itself. We come from the Earth and to the Earth we will return.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Its against T(L)C

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I like to walk in the forest, or any type of "wild" areas. I especially like to do so barefoot: I have even gone running in the forest barefoot!

Meditating while sitting on the ground has shown to do great things for me. It really recharges my batteries and helps me feel balanced.

There is a river I like to go to on horseback, and my horse and I stand in the middle of it for a long time. I will often shut my eyes and meditate (while still mounted). There are little waterfalls on each side, and it is in the shade of oak and chestnut trees. Even my mare loves it. She shuts her eyes and relaxes with me.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Agree on the spirit part, nature is like a force prevailing the universe. Use your root chakra to ground yourself, talk to mother earth in your head, and give pranayama breathing a go.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Birds have their nests and human beings have their houses. The house and the nest are dtistill within Nature (on Earth).

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
As a sailor i speak to the wind, i like a good storm with high seas, it's like nature is testing me and the ship i'm on, i like the "death is just around the corner" feeling and the rocking ship below me.

edit on 27-9-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Mine is wild camping, take only memories, leave only footprints.

Tucking in next to a large rock in air still enough to roll a spliff and drinking tea whilst mother nature throws a bad one all around you, to me, is an amazing feeling.

it also works sitting in a bivvy or under a goretex sheet, mother nature nailing you whilast you are sat safe ad warm.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

You can start by letting go the next ant or fly or mosquito you trap......instead of killing it....realize that you are one and all in the scheme of things...you are no different or no better than the creature that is living with you or next to you

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
OP

I understand what you're saying. I too feel the same way sometimes, However, for me, who loves to hike and be in the woods as much as possible. There is a great since of tranquility with for example, Sitting quietly next to a bubbling brook surrounded by trees, hearing birds, small animals scurry about and the wind softly blowing in the tree tops, makes me close my eyes and totally release myself into the moment.

Haven't done much of that lately.

I appreciate the thread post.
edit on 27-9-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join