It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darren Seals Is The 6th Black Man Found Dead In A Gangland-Styled Killing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I can't tell you what the "fk" is going on, but this sht is blowing up all over Blk twitter and Blk media , those of you who believe in conspiracy theories maybe it's time to don your tinfoil hat. for something is rotten in the state of Denmark dear Horatio.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Vigilante Leo's maybe?

Definitely something fishy going on man.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm hooked, got more details? This is actually very scary for even a white person. This could spark a full blown race war when it could be stopped right now. The woman in the video is right, it is a hate crime, no question!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Local activists were also troubled by the parallels between Seals’ death and the 2014 murder of 20-year-old Deandre Joshua, who was shot and left in a burning car on the same night a grand jury chose not to indict police officer Darren Wilson in Brown’s death. In all, according to one activist’s count, five other men in the St Louis area have been shot and left in burning cars since 2014.

“Many people are really worried. We don’t know if there’s some type of movement serial killer on the loose,” said Patricia Bynes, a protester and former Democratic committeewoman for Ferguson.
Ferguson protest leader Darren Seals shot and found dead in a burning car

This is a hit and run Spider because I have to go. It looks like murder and mischief in play here. I only read about it the other day in this article I've linked so I can't say much more than "Woah."

Another part of the article struck me for lending an insight into the discord within BLM. People are always hating 'Movement X' and acting like every person in them is some cardboard cut-out with identical motivations. The same applies to this ALt-Right scene as it does to the BLM. Lots of choir singing and appearances of unity but the diversity behind all that is the reality.

This says a lot imo >>

The national movement’s current demands “are in a language that I don’t speak”, his friend and fellow activist Tory Russell said. “This movement jargon, this terminology, are not for working people. The movement is not geared towards working-class black people, and D Seals could always call that out.”

Altogether it looks like any number of interests could have an advantage by Seals being murdered. Chances are the police will get a wall of silence from most people and that won't help. Likewise some people will be suspecting certain officers of settling scores. The circumstances alone give the killer/s an extra advantage of getting away with it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Most in St Louis do believe this was a assassination possibly linked to this:

ST. LOUIS • A St. Louis circuit judge on Friday tossed out the results of a fiercely contested Aug. 2 Democratic primary and ordered a new election based exclusively on what may seem like an insignificant detail: the St. Louis Election Board accepted 142 absentee ballots without envelopes.

But Judge Rex Burlison’s 22-page decision details the reasons why those envelopes are required by law and says the board can’t ignore or circumvent “tedious and specific” provisions.

The decision gives Bruce Franks Jr., a 31-year-old activist who lost by 90 votes, another chance to unseat incumbent state Rep. Penny Hubbard, 62. It also casts doubt on the methods election authorities across the state use to count absentee votes when they are cast in person.

st louis post dispatch

Seals supported Bruce Franks, and was possibly killed for it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
What's a gangland style killing?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Here is another earlier write up of the story. It is from the Washington Post. Washington Post Article on Darren Seals

Here is a quote of him from the article:

“Millions and millions flowing through the hands of these organizations in the name of Mike Brown yet we still don’t see any of it coming into the ferguson community or being used to help our youth,” Seals wrote on Facebook in May 2015, in a post not atypical of those found on his page. “I’ve been calling all this # out for months but most of to fake ass movement mfs are just as bad as the oppressors because y’all saw what was going on just as well as I did and y’all sat back and said nothing.”

The article also said:

Seals was among the most vocal of the Ferguson protesters who backed a plan to send a message to St. Louis County’s elected leadership — which consists almost exclusively of Democrats — by voting for Republican candidates in the first round of elections following Brown’s death. And he often criticized President Obama, whom he voted for, for not doing enough to reform police departments and rid minority communities of police violence and racial profiling.

Another quote from the article:

“He fought alongside us all when everything went down,” Ebony Williams, a St. Louis-area activist who was arrested protesting during the Ferguson demonstrations, said in a message on Wednesday morning. “Yeah, he ranted and raved and I agreed and disagreed on certain topics, but respect for him was high because he never cared about what people thought of the stuff he talked about … the best conversations of revolution came from him.”

Thus it does not seem he got along with the mainstream movement.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

but this sht is blowing up all over Blk twitter and Blk media ,

Interesting, so they have their own social network on Twitter and their own media outlets.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Apparently the black community wants to segregate itself from the rest of the community.

I thought they wanted to be included more but apparently that's antithetical to the current culture.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Yea, you're probably correct. I dunno. Where my grand kids live and play little league, there's plenty of nice, middle class black families and their kids playing on the sports teams and many of the dads volunteer as coaches and such. They certainly don't fit the stereotype. But of course, my grand kids black friends don't make the headlines, except in the school newspaper.

Me thinks sometimes, with the US black "community" we have a tail wagging the dog.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

but this sht is blowing up all over Blk twitter and Blk media ,

Interesting, so they have their own social network on Twitter and their own media outlets.

They/we always have, it's a natural out growth from the bad old days when blk folks did not get coverage or only negative/ slanted coverage by whats called main stream or "white media", same with HBCUs or Historically Black Colleges and Universities. matter of fact that's the organizing principle behind BLM it's not a building full of people where you go and sign-up , swore an oath or something.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Twitter and social media wasn't popular or even available to most until 2007 when smart phones really began making their appearance.

So please explain to me what this had to do with the old days? Days you probably weren't even around for.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness

Twitter and social media wasn't popular or even available to most until 2007 when smart phones really began making their appearance.

So please explain to me what this had to do with the old days? Days you probably weren't even around for.

I said outgrowth like a tradition with in the same context of Ebony, Jet , Essence magazine, Black Enterprise , New York Amsterdam News etc, most urban centers have those some going back post civil war, Black tweeter /radio podcast follows the same line or tradition, especially since print media of what ever view is in trouble.

Ok let me try to explain if I can, how often have you heard the same ol talking points, that Black folks don't care about black lives until a white cop/person is involved, that may make sense to you if you don't see the massive protest or ppl sharing their grief in print or one of your regular out lets, like them or hate them ( and I think they should exit stage left) but this is true for folks like Sharpton or Jessie Jackson often viewed as not showing up in places like Chicago, you would know this weren't true if you were subscribed to black media, plus alot of stuff that black folks think is important maybe of little interest to anyone else and so yaawn!! who cares attitude, which is fine.
edit on 11-9-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yea, you're probably correct. I dunno. Where my grand kids live and play little league, there's plenty of nice, middle class black families and their kids playing on the sports teams and many of the dads volunteer as coaches and such. They certainly don't fit the stereotype.

Maybe the 'stereotype' doesn't fit the reality?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
what kind of world these people are living in , its like a movie

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It’s something real sinister going on in the hood!

Six black men killed with bullets in their head in burning cars…come on man!

These are likely (I’m not dogmatic) postmodern lynching’s.

Six black men killed with bullets in burning cars…come on man!

These are likely payback for the cop murders in Dallas and that other location.

edit on 11-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Six black men killed with bullets in their head in burning cars…come on man!

Six black men killed with bullets in burning cars…come on man!

These are likely payback for the cop murders in Dallas and that other location.

And if so, expect counter retaliations..sht just got realer..eradication squad, and not for nothing I think I posted on the issue of White Supremacist that infiltrated the police in numbers that alarmed even the FBI, one of the cops that got killed in Dallas was a white supremacist , so if you are right and I hope you are not, then the search begins there.
edit on 11-9-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

I live in North County St Louis and this is the first I have heard of the death being linked to the sketchy absentee ballot thing.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I live 7 miles from Ferguson, MO. I believe gangs and drugs are a big part of the killings.
Please hear me out.
The local homegrown activists are nice people. I interact with them, talk, whatever, since I am in Ferguson alot. They want the flow of drugs to stop. They want to stop the manipulation of the black community by people who are using them as pawns.

And now they are being killed.

Every damn day I wake up and the news is "this many black people have been shot overnight". It is depressing and I feel impotent to do anything about it.
For the record I am 55 and a white woman. These young activists are polite and kind. That they are being killed makes me cry. And, no, no one will talk to the police because "snitches get stitches".

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: katfish

Another reason people don't talk to the police is because many times, there are police and other officials who are in on the illegal activity. Sometimes, gangs and other criminal rings have deals with various people in law enforcement who allow them to do their business in exchange for "gifts". And other times, the people getting reported/"snitched on" turn out to be secret informants (so you can imagine the backlash when the informants mysteriously find out who snitched on them).

Before I got into activism, I was pretty deeply involved in the underground hip hop industry. My label mates, group members, clients, and I used to travel a lot doing shows, selling cds, and collaborating with random groups we'd met. No matter which city we visited, I saw the same "hidden" deals with law enforcement and their blatant corruption. Sometimes they'd even serve as security during transactions or in clubs while the owners (or artists) were doing their deeds in the back. The same goes for prostitution, strip clubs, and the deals that some police make to turn a blind eye to it.

Artists and comedians have talked about this openly for decades but no one takes it seriously. No one in the justice system takes these testimonies or calls for action seriously, and they sure as ___ don't protect the people who come forward. And the public just nids their heads like it's simple song lyrics or a cliche movie plot. There's an entire world of this shady crap going on, but people willingly ignore it. I truly believe that's why they fearmonger over foreign bogeymen so much; because it distracts people from the real dangers in their communities.

The only reason I speak out against these things in real life is because I've already accepted the worse case scenario for myself. I guess that's why deaths like Darren's hit me so hard. Because his story is almost a mirror image of my own.

<<   2 >>

join