It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

An Infinite Universe ! - Can you accept it ? - Can you understand it ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Reason: What ever exists inside the absolute infinite Space, Is not like the void of infininte Space. It has its own finite property, and they are not absolute. They are finite. The void of absolut infinite Space also have specific propertis. And they are all absolute. A absolute infinite void of Space: - Abolute constant. - Abaolute constant motion = absolute No motion at all. - Absolute constant time line. - Take up absolute all Space there is. - A absolute empty void of Space. - It is a absolute neutral void of Space.

Absolute
ABSOLUTE
What is 'absolute'

In any real sense, I have no idea what you mean by ABSOLUTE - In fact absolute is an adjective descriing a
hypothetical state that does not exist - In this reality - in any reality - nothing is absolute

And nothing does not exist.

"Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them".
-Albert Einstein

"ScienceFictionalism - the way of the Future"

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

In any real sense, I have no idea what you mean by ABSOLUTE - In fact absolute is an adjective descriing a hypothetical state that does not exist.

So in other Words you dont beleive,... a infinite void of space exists?

As you mentioned Your self. Some people dont have the mind to comprehend the infintie. But some du.

But when they try to explain to the People who dont grasp it, they wont understand.

There is only one physical state that can be absolute infinite. And i just described it to you. But you cant wrap Your mind around it.

And nothing does not exist.

It sure does. But since it is infinite, it is still something physical, something existing. You can imagine it as a absolute vaccum void of infinite Space.

You can also imagine it as absolute empty transparent void of Space. Where there exist no finite matter.

You can also imagine it as a void of absolute darkness/Nothingness.

But this is not easy when yo only focus on what exists within Our finite universe.

Our universe cant be infinite. Because it does not take up absolute all Space there is. It can never dissapear because it does not take up absolute all Space there is. Since People dont grasp the concept of infinite, they dont grasp it when science state that Our universe might be infinite. It does not mean Our universe will expand indefenately. It will expand until it becomes what it used to be (infinite) = non existant.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
First, the arguement of "if you can't prove the universe has limits, I will assume it is infinite" is beyond ridiculous -

Next let's take this in a different direction, get yourself a pen and a piece of paper ( you only need them in your mind ) now tske a the pen and draw a dot on the paper. Now get yourself a magnifying glass and a small pen and make a dot inside of the larger dot, do this again and again until it can no longer be done. If you come to a point where you can no longer magnify and create something smaller, you have found a beginning and the universe is not infinite. If it continues on forever, I guess you have something to keep you busy.

On size - don't confuse empty space(void) with areas that light and vision have touched(physical).

The void exists, until light expands into it, then that part of the universe has been touch by light and is no longer a part of the void. As light moves into the void the physical universe expands. The physical universe is limited but the potential universe is infinite.

Entropy does not affect light moving through space. Light is effected by entropy as it contacts something, this is why you can see stars billions of light years away. It is the same reason you can't hear sounds in empty space, there is nothing for the vibration to vibrate off of and continue its journey.

That being said the light at the edge of the physical universe will continue until it hits something.

By definition of the word universe, there can not be multiple universes - it literally means "everything" even if there are "alternate realities" connected by worm holes they are still connected.

At Least this how I understand things so far.
edit on 13-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Reply to spy66 and fatkid:

Rhetorical debate can be interesting but proves nothing - Dealing with concepts like the limits of the universe must,
to some extent be hypothetical - you see it your way and I see it my way - until proven otherwise any logical hypothesis
must be considered valid.

My favorite quote on this subject, by someone who history and science has shown to be credible, is still my favorite:

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy."
- Albert Einstein

"....a nothing which is something...."

Now you tell me how 'nothing' can be 'something' and prove it !

Again by logical definition - Nothing can not exist
- Even the void must be something.

edit on 13-9-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Now you tell me how 'nothing' can be 'somehing' and prove it !

I cant prove it, because i am also Limited to Our science, and Our science is Limited to the speed of light.
Therefor science can never observe or study anything outside Our observable universe. Our science can only observe and study what exists within Our observable universe. This important to grasp.

How can nothing be something?

I will try and explaine.

WHat existed before Our universe was formed some 13.799 billion years ago?

20 billion years ago Our universe did not exist. What existed? Our universe was non existing/nothingness.

How could Our universe be formed if there was no void of Space in existance?

How can anyting be formed if there is no void of Space to have anything in?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Alienview

Welcome to the paradox, as stated if there is a beginning, there is a end. We believe we know the age of our universe, and even if we are wrong about the age, we believe it has a starting point (scienctific or religious or both)

If "nothing can not exist" then why do you claim to be able to define it using logic or words. Another paradox.

The only time I used the word "nothing" was to describe the function of sound. Unless you are arguing that sound can travel in empty space??

Don't confuse void with nothing, void means "empty", or do you think that light doesn't travel? If it does travel, where does it go? What is moving faster than light?

If potential exists then there is something just like once you did not exist and now you do. Once there was no light and now there is. Once you were in darkness and now you can see, unless you choose to keep your eyes closed, this is up to you.

it is easy (for some) to understand simple things, for others simple things become more difficult.

The universe (everything) is limited, but has infinite potential.

Do butterflies not exist?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Infinity is less baffling to me than finitude. Finitude causes us to think of infinity as if it were capturable by a finite framework. The two notions are utter opposites, so that thinking about it does nothing more than generate anxiety, depression and fear - and those are largely useless and energetically siphoning feelings to feel.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You know, I find it so interesting how every culture has their own particular images - or fantasies - to which they willy-nilly ascribe ontological existence to.

The grey-alien is a case-in-point. It seems to be a metaphor for a way of seeing things that is immensely "cerebral" i.e. committed to reason, but emotionally dead (indeed, wheres the OFC?) and hence, grey, uncommitted, uncertain, ambiguous.

How is this any different from what the ancients thought were "real"? Don't get me wrong, they are all "real" in the sense of being demons leaching off real energy producing processes (i.e. human beings), but it is a true error (I believe) to think that this bulbous-brained creature is anything more than a reflection of the dominant "thought-form" of the culture we exist within.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

My issue was actually a scientific one that comes from cognitive-science and situated-cognition in animals and robots.

The properties of the living derive from Action-Perception cycles running through "affect". That is, we only pay attention to that which our brains have been previously affected by, and likewise, we are motivated (via affect) to Act on the World in terms of past stored-up knowledge.

Without a calm self-awareness, delusions arise galore.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The human is defective in his present state

The problem with philosophical commentators who want to dam religion and God is that they don’t accept the premise that there's something wrong with some inner faculties of humans that is the cause of our self destructive activities.
The great scientist don’t believe that...In-fact that’s all religions really ever said.

Buddha taught the fact of the practical repair of the inner self-destructive poisons without reference to God.

Other seekers use God as a reference

As for the universe:
The universe is a potential state of consciousness that humans have access to if and when they ever transcend their inner turmoil of the corrupt faculties and resolve the issue through the self struggle.

The modern western human spiritualist generally doesn’t believe that he has a need for a self-struggle

That’s his problem

Each solar system is a state of consciousness which exists inside a dimension of our inner world or soul

That is cut off from us until we reactivate the soul machine.
The soul machine is reactivated through the self-struggle

Or

One can only see God with Gods eyes

edit on 13-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Ok. I didn't know this topic was going that deep. I just thought it was asking about the size of the universe and if it's infinite or finite in a real measurable kind of way.

If the cosmologists are correct that the Universe is in fact flat then that leaves a couple choices for the geometry of the universe in Euclidean geometry.

Flat like an infinite 2D plane extending forever in x and y. Or a finite spacial torus which would be a 2D plane curled like a doughnut which appears infinite possibly but is really a finite 2D plane wrapped in on itself.

Both would seem to measure and react to measurements the same in that straight parallel lines would not cross.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

What about a 2d plane that isn't infinite X and Y but doesn't exist when viewed from the side, or if something can not exist and exist at the same time. Then, how about a limited X and Y but infinite when viewed from the side.

This would at first appear to be and infinite 3rd dimension but if there was no beginning or ending then how can one aspect of the plane be infinite when the others have boundaries, giving the infinite no value. Until it can be defined where can ideas and life or creation begin when there is nowhere to begin.

Sometimes I like to place my self in single dimension space and realize that as things get further away from the singularity they become less infinite and more defined.

Maybe individual realities exist once the limits have been defined allowing for more complexity in design but less expansive in nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join