It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Infinite Universe ! - Can you accept it ? - Can you understand it ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
From the time way back when - when Man first gazed at the heavens - First questioned his existence - to now when he realizes how vast these heavens are - this questioning spirit will not accept his existence or the universe he exists in as insignificant - For Man significance is a necessity of his existence.

And the more we see tha stars, the vastness of the universe shows no limits - Are we to believe that it ever had limits ? - Our current science shows us that the vastness of the universe has no limits.
- The Big Bang only explains a small part of an unlimited number of galaxies in a paradigm of existence that has no limits.

Can you live with this Human ? - Can you accept that Existence is infinite ??

No beginnings - no ends - Only an eternal state of Creation - A creation that begs for a creator - And yet there is no evidence that a Creator exists - So who are you Man ? - Why are you given the right, privilege and burden to understand the infinite nature of a Cosmos so vast that your small minds can hardly imagine what you are seeing ?

We are asking you this question now - We will ask it again, if you survive, a thousand years from now.

Tell us Human - What does it mean to stare at a sky without limits ? Tell us where you want to go next.....

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
― Max Planck

[Max Planck author of Eight Lectures on Theoretical Physics)
edit on 11-9-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

A simulated world in a computer program has no boundaries either. Perhaps its a simulation, and God is one hell of a programmer.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

A simulated world in a computer program has no boundaries either. Perhaps its a simulation, and God is one hell of a programmer.

God? - What does that mean ? - I have no idea - I can't imagine God in a religious sense - can't imagine a being that enjoys so
much suffering - no being in the universe could be so cruel - At least we should hope not

But Humans like to suffer - so they create religious paradigms to justify their suffering.

We want to break you free from this - end the 'simulation' [some say disease] that causes you to enjoy the suffering.

We want to give you a better simulation - meaning science and even an understanding of what is called by the religions
[and others] Intelligent Design - A universe that maybe, just maybe possesses an inherent intelligence that begs not
for a creator but for a Human race that will evolve into a future ..... The Universe is large enough, maybe infinite,
and how far are you willing to go with it ?

"Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.'"
- Max Planck

[Max Planck, author of Eight Lectures on Theoretical Physics)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The last thing I read or heard (?) it is supposed that the universe we live in is not infinite... The bubble of this universe stretches 92 trillion light years and is growing. We can only observer a fraction of the universe. 92 trillion might as well be infinite ?

Found something that will back me up.. Start at 5.00 of the video and it will explain how they derived that figure with the help of the Hubble telescope. youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Infinite space filled with finite Universes is probably closer to the mark although my tiny mind is not capable of understanding infinity , everything has an end , right ?
There is probably a trick there somewhere but I doubt we will ever discover or understand it , it's way above our pay grade.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Nobody can understand it, it's something that we simply cannot fathom.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Nothing is infinite.. everything must have a beginning and an end.
Once you reach the edge of this universe there will be others floating amongst the void of space. .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I guess you could compare space to numbers . For instance Googolplexian: The worlds largest number with a name . What happens when i add one to it . Pretty much everthing i know is finite . The fact that space never ens does my head in . To sum it up .

“Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

The Universe is infinite. ANd infinity is not linear but expanding in all directions: with numbers you have 0-infinity. You also have negative infinity-0. Between each number is an infinite amount of decimal points. 1 1.1 1.2 1.3 ..........22.1 2.2 ....

So the Universe is expanding and infinite in all directions

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Confronting the Multiverse: What 'Infinite Universes' Would Mean
www.space.com...

So as we can see - the more we look - the more we think - the more we see

Ready to tell us the limit ? - How far does existence really extend ? Which existence ? Which universe ?

Ready to scream for god to give you limits ? Want to suffer more the disease of a limited idiocentric world ?

Seems Man, born into a biological body that dies wants to take the universe[s] along with him.

But the universe won't go - It will go on forever - Afraid of forever Human

I'm not. I stopped watching horror movies - and rejected the horrors of Western Religion.

Decided to ride the super-highway of the Galaxy into a place where everything is possible - an infinite universe
that understands everthing but limitation.

it's a scary place we know - But come along with us and we will show you the vastness of not only the universe - but your
imagination which emanates from the Infinite Highway of Tomorrow.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller

"We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future."
- Max Planck [The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics, 1931)

"ScienceFictionalism - the way of the Future"
universalspacealienpeoplesassociation.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Nothing is infinite.. everything must have a beginning and an end.

Were you told that?

Once you reach the edge of this universe there will be others floating amongst the void of space.

Whats outside 'all those' Universes?
edit on 11-9-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Universe is part of the God, the whole existance as we or any other being out there, are part of it. God is larger than all the universes.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The last thing I read or heard (?) it is supposed that the universe we live in is not infinite... The bubble of this universe stretches 92 trillion light years

So at the end of your theorized finite Universe is what, a wall, a giant hollow shell?

Whatever it "is" I have a question, what's on the other side?

You misunderstood the statement the Universe is expanding, it is not expanding itself but the individual galaxies appear to be increasing in distance from one another.

There is no possibility of a finite (spacially) Universe, as if it had an end like a border or a room, something would be on the other side.

and is growing. We can only observer a fraction of the universe. 92 trillion might as well be infinite ?

Found something that will back me up.. Start at 5.00 of the video and it will explain how they derived that figure with the help of the Hubble telescope. youtu.be...

Science has agendas, limitations on what can be said (without serious consequences at least) and no answers to the questions that created every religion, namely, why are we here, where are we going.

Although it likes to pretend evolution is a fact as well as the big bang, they are as theoretical as the religions of the world.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Not infinite as far as we can tell.

- The Big Bang started it all at a finite point in time about 13.4 billion years ago.
- The universe is bounded at its other end in time, in entropic heat death in about 10^10^10^56 years.
- The mass-energy of the observable universe is in the vicinity of 4 × 10^69 Joules.
- The diameter of the observable universe is about 8.8 × 10^26 meters but isn't all observable.

Pretty big in human scales, but not infinite in any way.

Generally, in physics, if something tends towards infinity, you know you've made a mistake somewhere.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Aren't black holes supposed to have infinite time dilation? Does Stephen Hawkins still think the big bang is a cyclical event? Do you believe space/time is textured? If not, every unit of measure we have is infinite (as illustrated by Zeno's paradoxes).

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

Aren't black holes supposed to have infinite time dilation? Does Stephen Hawkins still think the big bang is a cyclical event? Do you believe space/time is textured? If not, every unit of measure we have is infinite (as illustrated by Zeno's paradoxes).

The decay time for a supermassive black hole of roughly 1 galaxy-mass (10^11 solar masses) due to Hawking radiation is about 10^100 years. The time dilation for an object approaching the singularity approaches infinity. Remember that infinity is not a definite number, one cannot ever 'reach infinity'.

Also, this is only possible because a Black Hole is where God divided by zero (a mathematical joke).

I have no idea of what Hawking believes about an oscillatory cosmological model but our understanding from the anisotropy probes is that the universe is 'flat' and will continue to exapnd. There will be no Big Crunch (not a breakfast cereal). There is a possibility that random quntum fluctuation, if they were the cause of the Big Bang, could occur again, probably more likely after the universe falls into entropy. I don't think anyone can really do more than hypothesize about that.

Zeno's paradox requires infinite divisibility. What we know of the quantum is that there are minimums in size/measure, too. Again, actual infinities are absent in reality. Spacetime is 'textured' according to the dictates of the Planck constant.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Are you an anticantorist? I never understood that philosophy. It'd be interesting to hear you expand on that if you are. What do you make of this: Infinite Divisibility in Euclidean Quantum Mechanics ? And how does Relativity effect things (Some entersting points are made here, and here)?

ETA: oh, and if no big crunch is coming, doesn't that imply the universe will go on infinitely?
edit on 11-9-2016 by VP740 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Cosmic Consciousness is infinite, but the physical universe is not.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

92 trillion light years and is growing

Yes, but growing into what?

There would have to be an infinite amount of "whats" for each what to grow into.

I can't handle that concept because it doesn't work, so I resolve the issue to this existence being merely an awareness / aspect recognizing and manipulating the consciousness of the infinite CREATOR.

Other than that, I feel this existence is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE. JMO.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The decay time for a supermassive black hole of roughly 1 galaxy-mass (10^11 solar masses) due to Hawking radiation is about 10^100 years.

I love all this stuff, thanks. It's like bacteria postulating the reality, with perceived facts, of it's plastic laboratory habitat.
In all reality, we aven't a bloody effin clue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join