It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you guys hate how society always make us inadaquite?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I hate the system, I get so depressed,1, Males are always expected to do more, but if your a female your mother/guardian won't let you leave the house after sun down(I'm 19!).
2, They have to paste all of these aneroxic/obsessed exerciers as celebrities(Musicans, Actors, "Martha Stewarts", Former Beauty Pagent Winners, Gurus(Denise Austin, Dr. Phil), but make fun of all of the reality TV stars(including the tripilites on American Idol this week, who simon complained about them being 5-15 pounds over weight, even though they could sing better(almost as well as Kelly Clarkson) than I can, and I'm just 3 levels above Paris Hilton!
3, If your in a remedial job, you are respected as an idiot by the public because of your job, when in all techniqcality, shouldn't the college system be changed to jive with the public school system?
4, TV is suppose to teach you how to act, and they teach men to be obsessed with their part, but tell women to keep it shut unless A. Their in love, B. Married, C. Using the Guy(s) to get ahead. Even through ironicly watching Movies/TV is bad for your mind and your body, because your overloading your right hemisphere. TV is also used as the dilluison one can get ahead, the truth is most people can't because of the elite and their jesters(celebrities).
5,People are stuck in dead in jobs, but can't get ahead because of managment. There's a 50 year old woman at work there almost all work week,but they never promote people up from in the company.
6, Hearing those losers on VH1 tell you how much more of a "Loser" you are than them. At least, I don't have to make fun of Paris Hilton and Britney Spears every week.

[edit on 1/21/05 by BSB2005]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If you stick to your own beliefs and refuse to bow to peer pressure, eventually Society will no longer have the power to make you feel inadequate.

Only those I love and care for have the power to hurt me now. They are the only people whose opinions mean anything to me. That is how it should be for everyone, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I agree Pisky.
Its great that you are able to see thru the facade at this age. The only way to get rid of the feeling of inadequacy(sp?) is to just do whatever the heck makes ya happy.
Why do you have to watch tv? Why cant you read a book? Engage in some extracurricular activity?
People are stuck at dead jobs cuz they dont have the motivation to do anything better. We're living in a capitalist economy! There's no excuse!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSB2005
4, TV is suppose to teach you how to act,

This is just a truly sad statement. TV is supposed to entertain and inform you, your PARENTS and SOCIETY is supposed to teach you how to act.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
With capitalism BSB, there will always be an elite and the exploitation of the lower classes. It's really sad, but in my honest opinion, it's the best system when you take into account human nature. Social and financial equality just doesn't work in the real world (i.e USSR, China). Like Isis implies, capitalism works because most people have the motivation to do better and be more successful than other people.

It is unfair that beauty pagent winners and people like Dr. Phil (although I wouldnt exactly call him a guru!
) get the limelight, but I'd have to disagree and say that real musicians and actors are very talented and deserve the fame they get. All of them except Keeanu Reeves, who I swear is a robot. Personally, I've always stayed away from those reality shows and the like because of what they promote, and what they are doing to our society. They're making people like you feel inadequate which is completely untrue, and are promoting shallowness and bad morals. Sorry if this offends BSB, its obvious that you are into these things and this is by no means an attack on you. But if I were you I'd take the advice of the 3 people above me....watch less TV, stick to your own beliefs, and learn from your parents and society, not the people on reality TV who make you feel inadequate.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Inadaquate is a nice word for loser. And that is a choice.

Nobody "makes" you feel anything, it's you who allows it to bother you, it's you who "chooses" to either be a success or a loser. It's not the system. The system is free enterprise, you have economic freedom, you can be anything you want to be, you have the world by it's tail, it's you who either ''chooses'' to let go of it to wallow in your own piss or you grab hold of it.

The system is there for a reason; to instill a rule of law so we can live in peace.

Free enterprise is there so we can make our dreams a reality.

But that takes alot of work,and nothing comes free and it's not easy, and that my friend is why alot of people become inadaquate, they don't want to work hard, they feel society and the system has done them wrong so they feel things should be handed to them... That is a loser.

And you should "choose" to get out of that mindset, because everything in life is a choice. Choose to make it, or choose not to, but excuses won't get you far.

see my quote below by litchfield... he sums it up quite nicely.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BSB2005

There's a degree to which you can curb you feelings of inadequicy, but then there are things you can get into that will make them worse like depending on your spouse to make life better or over-working, or even quitting. No one can do it for you but you've got to drop the loser who are making you feel like you're not doing enough and live. Only Christ can show you what to change, everyone else just needs to listen and be there for you, not push you over the edge.

XERO

new topics

top topics

join