It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack over women’s ‘shorts’ in southern France inflames social media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
These animals need putting down.

But?

attackers deemed the women’s clothes excessively revealing.

Then?

They [the attackers] shouted to them [the women] 'whores' and 'go on, get naked

They know its all BullShip. Only religion they follow is CRIME/Money.
edit on 11-9-2016 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
To the OP.

Very sad that some men in a developed, secular society like France still hold such anti-women views. If they were not recent imports (i.e. born and raised in France) then it is doubly concerning.

The fact that this event has happened should remind us that some some non-European cultures are very anti-women and fear woman's sexuality and freedoms. It is incumbent on Europeans and women specifically to fight against any actual, or perceived challenge to their rights and freedoms exposed by dullards following mediaeval and alien codes and practices.

Why do some men fear women so much?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
ill re-quote this since the same like-minded will read the catchy title and highlights in OP and make similar comments at the beginning of pg1.

originally posted by: Kandinsky
This is a good example of how stuff escalates and how different groups can exploit a situation.

The two families were attacked by ten male assholes of indeterminate origins (fact). It started with name-calling and ramped to violence (fact). Two of the victims was badly injured (fact). Two of the assailants have been arrested (fact).

One of the women says it had nothing to do with clothing.

The rest seems to have been added by special interests. The 'shorts' was a creation by the local mayor (apparently) and then deplored by hysterical news outlets who didn't check their stories. Next thing we know is half the world's media getting angry about young Muslims and good French folk not being able to wear their own clothes in their own country.

France's Far Right have run with it because it serves a purpose and screw the victims. No doubt the Left will be flogging their own interests out it too.

This world is so manipulative that we all need to doubt what we read and question what we hear. Everywhere we look someone is being painted as a demon and we're supposed to pour our hatred out all day long.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
For the people saying, the reports dont mention the attackers where muslim, its easy, some news groups in Europe deliberately hide the criminals religion or race, in fear it might lead people to backlash, the attackers where indeed muslim kids from 17 to 22 in age.
Why no one is doing anything against this in Europe, I have no idea, talk about softening up civilians for god knows what...
edit on 11-9-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

Just in case.. www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.thelocal.fr...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I hope the French group FEMEN have a protest or retaliation. Last time they perioded on a religious book. Those chicks have balls.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Alright. ATS is about denying ignorance, right !? Let's do so then. I would like, Everyone claiming that actions of these backward caveman, are inspired by religion to comment following photos

Streets of Kuala Lumpur ( Malaysia 99℅ + Muslim country)

(Fashion show in the Heart of Istanbul,Turkey 99℅+ Muslim country)

(Nightclub in Tirana,Albania 98℅ + Muslim country)

What do all 3 pictures have in common?

Would you see the difference if I posted 3 photos from streets of Riyadh, Cairo and Baghdad?

I'd say it's a cultural issue rather than religious. But what do I know ?! I'm just a treehugging liberal SJW Muslim apologist
edit on 11-9-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'll just have to visit France to closely examine the women in shorts issue.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Well, taking a photo of a woman in a "liberates" skirt, does not make the society / culture any more, or less, woman and girl hating. Often, outside of the shiny cities where tourists mingle and are well catered for, there's a different story to tell.

That said, you did choose three reasonably well developed nations that are prominently Muslim, although not the high percentages cited above... Albania is 56% Muslim and Malaysia is c. 61%.

However, they have far to go before they have anything resembling Western-standard women and girl's rights where the Muslim community is concerned if the reports by human rights groups are read.

Gender Inequality Index 2015 ranks France (13), Malaysia (42), Albania (45) and Turkey (71), noting that Turkey with which is pretty much 100% Muslim is quite poor. Their Human Development Index is also quite poor by Western standards. Child marriage is still prevalent and common in Malaysia, Turkey and Albania and this is a litmus test on how the society treats girls and women in general. If a girl can be married off, then where's the basic rights to that girl's future? If you treat a girl as a commodity, then who cares for the woman?

In Muslim countries culture goes hand in hand with with religion, especially backed up by the law i.e. Sharia. Sharia is particularly ingrained in Malaysia within the Muslim majority, but also exists in Turkey and Albania.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Maybe because European media has a tendency to censure stories like these.

That happens all the time.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
in other words, gang of lads want a woman to get naked, call her a whore when she dosent, her husband intervenes and gets his arse handed to him.

hardly a story, happens every friday, saturday night around mine.

throwing in religion or colour makes it a story?
only if you want it to.

are we gonna start posting every reported fight that happens now, or just the ones where the alt-right can score points?

edit on 11-9-2016 by stinkelbaum because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious
a reply to: tadaman

It is true, the european nations and her people failed
- when they enabled the U.S. to lay waste to Wrongcountrystan...
- which is where these criminals came from in the first place!

originally posted by: tadaman
For all the acusations of being regressive here in the US, we dont have this crap happening.

Indeed. Instead it is us who have to deal with the fallout of your foreign policies.

Watch where you point your fingers. Mind today's date.

There is much more to this than US foreign policy.
Your own Chancellor Merkel, in 2010, received the Coudenhove-Kalergi award for her outstanding efforts
in diluting the people of Germany.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Well, seeing as this is largely a problem that can be argued to be specifically related to this incredibly misogynistic religion I think mentioning the religion is apt. To completely isolate this incident from its context is not only irresponsible, it tacitly justifies, ignores and denies the very widespread problems related to Islam. All out of some misguided and out of touch sense of pseudo-tolerance. Scratch that: cowardice and denial masquerading as tolerance.

This is hardly an isolated incidence and treating it as such is myopic, it's part of what can only be described as a continent wide wave of rapes and other crimes related to Islamic immigrants trying to impose their way of life on European natives. They're at war and they know it, you can catch them saying it outright. Us Europeans are the only ones not aware of this.

I wonder if it's hard work for you guys to be able to remain this ignorant, it must take a whole lot of energy to be this woefully oblivious when reality is constantly staring you in the face.

Enabling codependent cowards.. I curse you in the name of our ancestors, may they spit in your faces for turning a blind eye to our women being raped and humiliated like this. Simply disgraceful.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

hardly a story, happens every friday, saturday night around mine.

Boring...

throwing in religion or colour makes it a story?

Absolutely...

are we gonna start posting every reported fight that happens now, or just the ones where the alt-right can score points?

As long as there is a reference to Muslims ....yes

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

You are in a western country where we have freedom you pieces of #. I will just wait for the normal "it was isolated, blah blah blah" response.

Or you could wait for some semblance of truth....are you not an advocate of taking on board the views of those living there that might have some idea of what actually happened...you know rather than jump on the bandwagon...?

Moronic backward religion (Aren't they all??) that is festering with hate and a medieval mindset.

The same kind of mindset that calls for the death of all drug dealers and suspected users

ETA...without due process.....then yes i would agree
edit on 12-9-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join