It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was HIGH !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Great day today! Ate lunch at 10,500 feet above sea level (chili mac and au gratin potatoes, with a oatmeal cookie). Drove some hard core back country mountain roads, Crossed over the Continental Divide at 12,300 feet. Spent my whole day HIGH, not on dope, but on jubilation seeing some of the high gold mining ghost towns. How these guys did what they did is just awe inspiring!

Took lots of pictures, drove down the side of a 5,000 foot cliff.

...all in a Subaru Outback!

(this thing blows my truck, and my old Jeep, away!!)

P.S. Had a couple gals in a Rubicon tell me the road was impassible and they were turning around. Not even. And I'm back home, happy and elated!! (I went over the top and down the backside of the mountain).

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I was stoned.

Driven through a few times but never got the opportunity to REALLY spend time there. Amazing, no words.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am going to need some pictures of your whip and trails or it's straight to the hoax bin

PS I am jealous big time, sounds fun.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
How was that oatmeal cookie?

Hey Bro, It sounds like you had a blast

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Been wondering where you were. Glad you are back with your stories.

You find so much joy in everyday life. Thinking I am missing a lot.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The road I came down is known as "Oh My God Road" in some circles. The actual name is Viginia Canyon Rd. between Central City, Co and Idaho Springs. It is listed in Colorado's Most Scariest Roads (which I find pretty laughable, but I guess it may be for some). I guess for those not familiar with high mountain roads, looking at the semi trucks 5,000 feet below on I-70, which look like ants, can be a bit daunting.

It is a MAGNIFICENT drive, with breathtaking views. Yes, it can be a bit hairy for the faint of heart...but you only live once, right? If you go up, your engine and trans will be hot. If you come down it, your brakes will be SMOKING hot (glowing).

What a FANTASTIC drive!!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Honestly, I try to love every single minute of life. When I was younger I used to say (for some damn reason) "you can never look back". I don't know why. In my later years I've realized there may have been something to that mantra. Every minute which passes can never be recaptured. No matter what, it's history.

I don't want to be laying there someday saying "I wish I'd have done that". It's my worst fear.

So, when no one else wants to do it, I'll just do it myself. I believe. I LIVE.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Lunch at 10,500 (just below the tree-line)

A view look just left from the same spot.

edit on 9/10/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So cool Man,Nice pics.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Nice adventure and great pics! And yes, the Outback destroys all those others when it comes to actual trail riding, or snow riding for that matter!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thats a pretty amazing journey. And great pictures. I am so jealous, utterly homesick. The mountain roads in Colorado certainly are a thing which will make you high on life. And exploring the abandoned mining areas is always the best!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Sounds like a good day! Certainly sounds like it was.

I love driving those old back-country roads, old logging roads, etc... Adventure, and mystery around every bend.

...all that, and an oatmeal cookie. Raisins?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah, I think it had raisins. At least I hope that's what they were!!

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

top topics

join