It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Service

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Well, what you listed are your basic combat skills you will learn no matter what (at least in Army and Marines).

Do you want electrical training, communications, intelligence, law enforcement, medical, etc...?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Possibly law enforcement. I'd say electrical training, but I doubt I have the mind for that.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

thats why its training, they teach you what you need to know

LE would be at Ft Leonardwood (Lost in the Woods), MO. So try to go to basic in summer (AIT is right after on same base).
You would learn basic cop type stuff as well as jailer skills. You can apply for CID after 5yrs.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Good point.

I'll look into those thanks.

I answered the PM by the way. Just saw it a couple minutes ago.
edit on 11-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
hooah

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Your service is a blacksmith. The drill is his hammer. History the anvil.

Whatever forged piece comes out - depends most on the iron used.

(*doesn't translate very good but the meaning is universal)
edit on 11-9-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious
Well regardless of translation issues it is very true, though this goes not only to the military, but also life in general.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Ummm...I needed a job that didn't lay me off during the winter months...

Do you remember the drill Sargeant with his face all up in yours...screaming...drop and give me 50...or a hundred...or three hundred...

Yeah...I was...that guy...the one with the perpetual # eating smirk...

Basic training either crushes worldview...or enhances personality...I did so damned many push-ups that in those few short months...I had to buy new....larger...uniforms three times...
Of course I still had my # eating smirk...
It took a while for the drill to realize the asset...he finally realized it was beat them or join them...so he made me assistant drill and I got to dog...erm...hone my fellow recruits after that...

All in all...it was certainly memorable...

YouSir
edit on 11-9-2016 by YouSir because: I hadsta...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ah you were the a hole(I kid). Well, they got in better shape because of it so all in all not a bad thing. Yes, basic training prepares you for war, but also weeds out the ones who shouldn't be in the military.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Basic training either crushes worldview...or enhances personality...I did so damned many push-ups that in those few short months...I had to buy new....larger...uniforms three times...

That's the opposite of my wife who went after her first pregnancy, and lost all the pregnancy weight. Again, she went through 3 sizes of uniforms at basic.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I answered your PM. Jut checking if it went through because I've had issues with the PM's recently.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ok, so looking at your info and what you want . . . you might actually want to look into ROTC and be a louie for the reserves or NG. Another option for what you are looking at (other than MPs as stated before) might be SF or Rangers (of course Marines have there RECON too). My personal recommendation would actually be to go either AF or Navy (I know, it goes against my previous recommendation, but...), and go into OSI or NCIS respectively. I was army CI, and after a few years I realized I should have went OSI. OSI & NCIS combine CI & CID. That being said, you need to be 21 before you can get your credentials for any of these.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Ok I'm going to look into all of those over time. With studies I have other things to take care of so over time research will be done. Just curious, but why do you recommend AF or Navy?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Join any branch that appeals to you. What does it matter, you will still be working for Halliburton.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Who really cares? Sure your actions may promote them, but your reasoning is not for those reasons.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Who really cares? Sure your actions may promote them, but your reasoning is not for those reasons.

Your reasons won't matter. You will do what your corporate masters tell you to do. War is a business.

I served, I'm not some idealistic kid thinking the military is some sort of glorified video game.
edit on 11-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

And who cares really? Reasons matter to the individual that holds them.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I only recommend AF or Navy if you want to get into CI & CID type work (OSI & NCIS) the Army is limiting as it separates the two fields, although you could go NCIS with the Marines. Otherwise with the training you want, the Marines or Army is best suited to your appeal.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
It's good to see this attitude chimed in right off the bat. No, civilians do not tell our military to go to war. What you just said you believe in is indoctrination. My condolences.

Civi's didn't tell you to go to war. Your commanding officer did, and his did as well, and up and up.

Right, so the Commander-in-Chief (the President...a civilian [non-military]) directs the war effort and Congress (every single one of them a civilian) approves and funds the war effort.

But, of course, civilians don't send us to war.

Riiiiiiight.

Our military has been a glorified killing brigade for the better part of 2 decades. There were never real threats in our invasions, only private interests and false information.

I respect people that join the military, because you applied for a job that you will now possibly die in, but at the same time I also loathe you. You serve a corporate interest. If you didn't you wouldn't be paid.

While I tread lightly in agreeing with you, the bolded part needs noted--you do understand that it is actually written into the Constitution that the government (aka, the people and their wallets) must fund a national military, right? Yes, I get your point about the military industrial complex, but just keep in mind that Service Members would still get paid, even if corporations weren't making billions off of our wars.
edit on 12-9-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
I did so damned many push-ups that in those few short months...

Same here--so much so that by the time I graduated AIT, I officially did 112 pushups in the two minutes of my final PT test. I missed a couple at the end for not going down far enough, though.

Good times...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join