It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

True Americans should be in mourning!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: Sremmos80

In a nutshell, though? A true American wouldn't give 2 sh#s one way or the other about who does or does not stand for or recite the pledge. Anything less is antithetical to the idea of freedom, thus makes a mockery of it and shows it's not true to the US' ideals with that mindset. Very two-faced quiet authoritarian, IMO.

Well some part of what you say is true but its about a lot of things. In fact like Intrep said we never know about other folks patriotism.......I my self stand and put hand over heart knowing some folks have done some dammed bad things in the name of our country and their are folks that rightfully look at us as a nation of fake ideas......but that wasn't me or my kind that did that sh*t so for the sake of those that died with good intentions I stand.
edit on 10-9-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

LOL No? Some pictures of kittens?

I'll take a dozen?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Well you said some things. The idea that anyone and certainly blacks are being oppressed in this country is so totally disgusting it makes me want to discharge. They oppress each other at any measure more than anyone anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The idea that anyone and certainly blacks are being oppressed in this country is so totally disgusting it makes me want to discharge.

Doesn't make it a reality that it doesn't happen. It isn't at an institutionalized level by any means, well at least no the pre 63 level, but if you really think there is no racism in the nation then you are just sticking your head in the sand.

They oppress each other at any measure more than anyone anyway.

By what metric? Because they kill each other?

edit on thSat, 10 Sep 2016 16:18:09 -0500America/Chicago920160980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thSat, 10 Sep 2016 16:31:22 -0500America/Chicago920162280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I would look at the ones that seemed almost normal and think about how easy it would be for them to have gainful employment if they would just leave the city. The ones that were screaming at trees and stuff, damn what the hell would anybody do with them?

And this I saw was on the rise. There are more and more people screaming at trees.
I used to think it was an isolated occurance and their illness made them homeless.
Now it looks more like their homelessness is turning them into TREeSCREAMERS.
And I wonder, "What happen to them" to make them finally snap? It isn't anything good.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It's been around forever. If you check this clip from the Godfather you can see how:

The sit down about drugs. It boiled down to, "I don't want it near schools. I don't want it sold to kids. In my territory we'd keep it in the colored neighborhoods. They're animals anyway. Let them lose their souls."

Yes it's a movie. It's also historically accurate. Not only for the 40;s but also the early 70's, when the movie was made. Have we progressed any?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Have we progressed any?

Well our gov doesn't openly support it anymore, so I guess we have progressed from there.
But yeah I agree it still looms its ugly head and plays a big part in our society.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I respect your opinion....but I stand and honor it for the good. Everything has a negative, I dont care anymore.

I can go farther with positivity. There is plenty going right.

Instead of sitting or standing at a song, find a more constructive way to solve the problems you have within your reach.

Sending "a message" is about as useless as doing nothing.

Its not like anyone cares. Thats a lie that people will suddenly send enough messages for anything to change.

. Do or do not.

Get strong, wise and happy. Then do things no one can undo.

Other than that....this is about as useful as dressing up as blue avatars to protest Israels policy towards palestine. That actually happened BTW.

Everyone got a good laugh, took some pictures and then continued bulldozing.

What exactly does sitting down actually do? Besides providing extra comfort and material for chit chat....even a brag or two for caring like a "every pithy self obsessed writer"...

edit on 9 10 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No, you stand for what she represents, not for what others are trying to make of her. Otherwise you hand your power over to the very people you are trying to protest. As a veteran, I have the right to stand and salute my flag during the pledge or anthem indoors or out, and I take advantage of it because she does still stand for freedom. What you do with that freedom is up to you. As for me I will respect it.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Its not that I don't think there is some race attitudes out there. But I did grow up in the 60s remember King getting killed and the riots. Now I can look around with those eyes and figure for the most part its nothing like those days. Libs wish they were because thats when they made real hay. Prosperity and peace with blacks is one thing that will put libs out of work.

Now we see just recent POTUS going around talking about "america" and you see the past isnt dead and they don't want to let it die without cashing in on position.

edit on 10-9-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Other than that....this is about as useful as dressing up as blue avatars to protest Israels policy towards palestine. That actually happened BTW.

You have a great mind and I do agree with you.
In fact I seem to always agree with the way you
sort things out.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Prosperity and peace with blacks is one thing that will put libs out of work.

Lol, ya totally.
Guess the metric you are using is your own eyes, your reality doesn't make it a fact.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
No, you stand for what she represents, not for what others are trying to make of her. Otherwise you hand your power over to the very people you are trying to protest. As a veteran, I have the right to stand and salute my flag during the pledge or anthem indoors or out, and I take advantage of it because she does still stand for freedom. What you do with that freedom is up to you. As for me I will respect it.

I see & respect your bottom-line point at the end there, not much different from my own. But I keep seeing the repeat of "for what it represents" said over and over. If you are to mean the freedoms bestowed on us, it's quite obvious who controls the giveth & the taketh of such in the US. All documents aside, that is who holds the leashes of the population.
Congress & the Senate don't need nor deserve us peons' groveling.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Its not that I don't think there is some race attitudes out there. But I did grow up in the 60s remember King getting killed and the riots. Now I can look around with those eyes and figure for the most part its nothing like those days.

Same here and totally agree. The 60's were WAY worse.

Libs wish they were because thats when they made real hay. Prosperity and peace with blacks is one thing that will put libs out of work.

And yet they are pushing equality. Isn't that self defeating?

Now we see just recent POTUS going around talking about "america" and you see the past isnt dead and they don't want to let it die without cashing in on position.

They aren't the ones that want to make America great again.

Logic.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I said this in another thread, thought it appropriate here. . . . .

I don't stand for the government. I don't stand for the politicians. I don't stand for the flag. I don't stand for the laws. I don't stand for the anthem.

I stand for the people who believe in freedom. I stand against censorship. I stand against government oppression. I stand against government corruption. I stand against the cowards in political office. I stand against the laws that restrict our freedoms.

That's my protest.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: primespickle

I think everyone should boycott the national anthem at sporting events because it is only there for nefarious reasons, not true patriotism. It is only sung to help instill patriotism in young men with the aim of them eventually "serving the country". It functions as one of the many recruitment tools used as sporting events, that's all.

Even people who claim they want the truth. Hate it when it's handed to them.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't stand for the government. I don't stand for the politicians. I don't stand for the flag. I don't stand for the laws. I don't stand for the anthem. I stand for the people who believe in freedom. I stand against censorship. I stand against government oppression. I stand against government corruption. I stand against the cowards in political office. I stand against the laws that restrict our freedoms.

And I will stand beside you and call you brother.
edit on Rpm91016v13201600000039 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs I`ll stand with you guys -the government is NOT the country-the country is the people who serve,military,police,emergency responders,the kids going to school,the old folks who have worked all their lives and earned their right to rest,the preacher who actually gives his time to help others in need,the farmers who feed a nation-these are just a few of the reasons our country still deserves our respect and why I still love her.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It's impossible to be positive and IGNORE what I'm seeing.

I wouldn't suggest that you ignore things, just don't "buy into" them by making those situations your own. Take what you need and leave the rest, that's all. Leave the bad things (that you have no power of change over) and pay more attention to the things that make you joyous - to the best extent that you can.

Good luck, pal.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well you said some things. The idea that anyone and certainly blacks are being oppressed in this country is so totally disgusting it makes me want to discharge. They oppress each other at any measure more than anyone anyway.

Actually no, systemic discrimination still exists. As well does personal racism, I was born and raised in MO, moved all over the country while in the military, and then moved to rural FL as a civilian. My best friend was a gay black man, and he and I were wary when we traveled, more so if my wife was with us. Seeing a white woman with a black man drive some of these folks insane.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join