It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

True Americans should be in mourning!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't think we need to mourn, mourning implies that something is dead and gone.
The country isn't dead and gone, we have just gotten too far apart on issues, which I am guilty of.

The amount of people that have this "with us or against" us attitude with Kap and other players saddens me though. Guess we don't care about the divide and conquer after all. Ironic really, feel like it is the people who scream that the loudest that are the most vocal about telling others what to do with their free expression.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Please don't judge America based on California.

It don't matter at all where you played before, California's a brand new game...I would change that to a whole different ball game.

That's what we say about a couple other states in CA too

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: randyvs

I saw a homeless man yesterday pushing a cart full of scrap metal and he was proud his cart was full........with a small american flag fixed on a stick riding high on the cart and though of that spoiled ass loser sitting down during the anthem.

That's a good thought rock. But in reality?

Reality.....he just never could toss a football very well.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Free what? He could have at least stood for the 49s and the city and all attending. None of them were holding him down.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Then remember it wasn't YOURS or MY idea aim for the ones responsable...and NEVER jones on a buddy...

The people I would fight for or with are all I have in the world.
edit on Rpm91016v52201600000045 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

In a nutshell, though? A true American wouldn't give 2 sh#s one way or the other about who does or does not stand for or recite the pledge. Anything less is antithetical to the idea of freedom, thus makes a mockery of it and shows it's not true to the US' ideals with that mindset. Very two-faced quiet authoritarian, IMO.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I'm an american and I've always stood for the anthem. I tear up at every
super bowl.I love my country and that's why I will no longer stand. Instead,
I will sit and mourn for her. And if you truly loved her so will you.

People have been moaning about how america is over since the mid 1800s, and you are no different than the many generations before that claimed the same thing.
long story short, you are getting older and feel you no longer are part of the continuous change of the nation..your america is gone, but it never was your america, or mine, or your grandkids, etc..we are all just temp residents in a forever evolving and changing nation
But some things will remain, and thats what the core is
that being the right to moan about america being lost and suggesting actions such as not standing, disrespecting the flag, and other traitor things you types do.

Enjoy the freedom to say and do those things

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I haven't met them all yet,I know many but only a few were enemy.
Some only their own,hot heads who latch on to the next thing to be angry about.
I guess recon spoiled me I had great cadre.
I was also a USAF officer's kid so it means alot more to me.
edit on 10-9-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Touche'

But you took us right back to everything negative. Evreything that is wrong.
Everything responsible. And yet he waives. That's so pitiful.
edit on Rpm91016v53201600000045 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

People have been moaning about how america is over since the mid 1800s, and you are no different than the many generations before that claimed the same thing. long story short, you are getting older and feel you no longer are part of the continuous change of the nation..your america is gone, but it never was your america, or mine, or your grandkids, etc..we are all just temp residents in a forever evolving and changing nation But some things will remain, and thats what the core is that being the right to moan about america being lost and suggesting actions such as not standing, disrespecting the flag, and other traitor t

I imagine you have a shower. Keep ignoring what's happening.
And soon enough it will happen to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I haven't met them all yet,I know many but only a few were enemy. Some only their own,hot heads who latch on to the next thing to be angry about. I guess recon spoiled me I had great cadre. I was also a USAF officer's kid so it means alot more to me. edit on 10-9-2016 by cavtrooper7 becaus

Well, I certainly don't blame you.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think that people should stop pushing what they think patriotism is on others. One doesn't know the mind of another.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I think that people should stop pushing what they think patriotism is on others. One doesn't know the mind of another.

You know if he wants to stand or sit...most really don't care about that. But if he is going to make a statement then folks will make statements about his statement and so on right back at him. And it is always in question when someone taking advantage of a massive TV audience and getting paid well does this when most of our azzes will never have that opportunity, and for something as simple as tossing a football, oh wow we are spozed to be awe struck....or something.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yea, that particular sight (homelessness) can really wear you down.

I spent a week in San Francisco a few years back with the wife. I really wasn't prepared for the rampant homelessness and mental illness I saw during my time there. We are small town people, and the wife is a real giver. I bet she gave over 200 bucks of our vacation money away while we were there.

I would look at the ones that seemed almost normal and think about how easy it would be for them to have gainful employment if they would just leave the city. The ones that were screaming at trees and stuff, damn what the hell would anybody do with them?

Still, I understand what you mean. I'm fortunate that I don't have to see a constant state of societal decay on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

Touche'

But you took us right back to everything negative. Evreything that is wrong.
Everything responsible. And yet he waives. That's so pitiful.

No, no just making a joke. It were a joke. Sort of sardonic....homeless guy pushing cart could never pass a football very well. LOL No? Some pictures of kittens?

link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Free what? He could have at least stood for the 49s and the city and all attending. None of them were holding him down.

His free expression, if you don't understand what that means then you are a few steps back on the issue.
He could have, but he didn't. And anyone that takes an objective look at what he said would know he wasn't biting his thumb at them.
People are taking this protest and turning it into everything that it is not, an obvious strategy. The only way this protest was anti american or anti all police full stop is if you want to twist it that way, outside of that he has said what his point was.

link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

I don't stand to acknowledge the "elite," I stand to honor the men and women who have sacrificed so that you have the "freedom" to dishonor their memory. People think that they're going to protest their way to victory, but I'll say that not only will you not convince me to side with you, but you will make me more resolute in my detest for your cause. If people don't like this nation, they should have an option to leave on their own accord. Maybe Obama and company will negotiate with a third world nation to accommodate all those that hate my country.

I'll prolly still stand.

In disgust for the CFR.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's kinda like mourning for an addict. You knew what was gonna happen and it's hard to not blame them for their own actions.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Very two-faced quiet authoritarian, IMO.

The irony of it makes my head hurt sometimes.
The very people who yell the loudest that PC has gotten out of control, which is true to a point, are the very same here losing their minds about what he said.
Guess we are allowed to tell people how to act and what to say when it comes to the anthem, bill of rights be damned!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I spent a week in San Francisco a few years back with the wife. I really wasn't prepared for the rampant homelessness and mental illness I saw during my time there. We are small town people, and the wife is a real giver. I bet she gave over 200 bucks of our vacation money away while we were there.

Tell your wife I love her for me will you? As funny as that sounds to ask.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join