It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Scientists Propose the Human 'Quantum Brain'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: RedDragon

Scientist used to support that African Americans were in inferior form of life more akin to animals than humans and so societies justified enslaving them.

Does that make sense??

As far as the governments spending taxpayer dollars for something that has not been proven. A point would be to petition the respective governments as to why they are spending taxpayer dollars of something that has not been proven by scientist's.

One could go on and on in relation to real phenomenon that scientist scoffed at historically.

Science is a fascinating subject worthy of accolades for many reasons but that does not mean it is not subject to human error.

Science is subject to human error, of course. Non-science is subject to much, much more human error.

Who is actually likely to be committing the human error in regards to views on psychics: scientists in dismissing them or a smalltown police department in hiring them?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If our brain has some quantum parts then it will eventually come to be through empirical study. I await tjos. OP, you make me think.

There's definitely something strange going on:
www.wired.com - Everywhere in a Flash: The Quantum Physics of Photosynthesi...

Also kind of explained here:
www.bbc.com - BC - Earth - Organisms might be quantum machines...

It’s one part of photosynthesis in particular that puzzles scientists. A photon – a particle of light – after a journey of billions of kilometres hurtling through space, collides with an electron in a leaf outside your window. The electron, given a serious kick by this energy boost, starts to bounce around, a little like a pinball. It makes its way through a tiny part of the leaf’s cell, and passes on its extra energy to a molecule that can act as an energy currency to fuel the plant.

The trouble is, this tiny pinball machine works suspiciously well. Classical physics suggests the excited electron should take a certain amount of time to career around inside the photosynthetic machinery in the cell before emerging on the other side. In reality, the electron makes the journey far more quickly.

What’s more, the excited electron barely loses any energy at all in the process. Classical physics would predict some wastage of energy in the noisy business of being batted around the molecular pinball machine. The process is too fast, too smooth and too efficient. It just seems too good to be true.

It's so strange sometimes I wonder if reality is altered.
edit on 9/15/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Neither of those links relate to small town police and to be clear they are freely offered.

One has to be careful with respect to information in respect to, "throwing out the baby with the bathwater".

Scientism is a Religion...

en.wikipedia.org...

There is no reason to treat the findings of science as absolute as that in of and of itself professes a bias.

There is no reason to treat any findings as absolute.

That is the basis of Skepticus.
edit on 15-9-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You don't have any idea as to what you're talking about. Do you know anything about black hole thermodynamics and how anything Susskind is saying relates to a holographic universe? Here's more from Susskind:

So the information that makes up the TV will always exist even if you smash it up and break it into a thousand pieces. As Susskind put it, information is distinctions between things. So the information that makes a TV distinct from a car will always exist on a fundamental level and can't be lost. The distinctions or information that makes humans distinct from Cows will always exist and this information can be retrieved. The information that make you distinct from me will always exist and therefore we're immortal and that information can always be rebooted by what we call a big bang which could lead to another universe where Obama is a Fisherman instead of the President.

So, this shows that a 3 dimensional universe or volume doesn't exist. It's a construct of information on a 2D surface area. This projection of information can occur ad infinitum and in different ways. If you really want to understand these things check this out:

Also read the great Book by Susskind called The Black Hole War

www.amazon.com...

Now, I doubt you will try to understand these things because it challenges what you already believe. So every universe like ours or similar to ours will have people like us. It will have cars, TV's, airplanes and more. This is because the information or distinctions between these things is conserved and can't be lost.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Good points and I think Susskind is right on this point. He said it's strange because we're hard wired to see and experience a 3D classical world and Quantum Mechanics points to a universe that's nothing like the 3D world we experience. So the best thing to do is to accept the 3D world we live in and experience is an illusion in the sense it's not the total sum of "reality." In fact, it's just a smaller part of something much bigger. Even the brightest minds have trouble grasping these things because they're so counterintuitive. Here's a quote from Heisenberg.

“I remember discussions with Bohr which went through many hours till very late at night and ended almost in despair; and when at the end of the discussion I went alone for a walk in the neighbouring park I repeated to myself again and again the question: Can nature possibly be so absurd as it seemed to us in these atomic experiments?”
― Werner Heisenberg

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
"Thought is creating divisions out of itself and then saying that they are there naturally."

David Bohm

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join