It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Scientists Propose the Human 'Quantum Brain'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Very interesting video in the OP, I will certainly be looking more into this topic going forward. I found most of the video was generally understandable but the last part I'm just wondering where the guy gets the idea that "information is never lost or destroyed"... is this something that is really found in the research? Or is it a confusion of information and energy?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Also there this...

Scientific evidence for psychic powers?

That was the study I gave you the link for. Notice how there is a question mark after it?
edit on 15-9-2016 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
"If consciousness is quantum then because of entanglement and superposition everything from life after death, near death experiences, out of body experiences, telepathy, psychic ability and just about everything we label paranormal can be easily explained and has to exist. "

Ok.. the brain has quantum properties. How does that lead to this?

Everything has quantum properties. The beer that I'm drinking has entangled particles in it. ... That doesn't mean that my beer is telepathic. ???
edit on 9/15/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
The soul, what exists as ghosts, are remnants of these particles being quantum entangled to each other because of their very specific frequencies and mass, different from dirty electrons ( Dirty electrons are electrons generated by Kinetic motion but are not carrying packets of programing.

If that's true then that's like having a solar powered conscious robot. Long after the all the machinery, its eyes, its body, its processing centers, etc. have stopped working and are all trash, its solar powered consciousness unintentionally survives and lives forever in the trash dump suffering for eternity without a mind, without reasoning ability, without everything that its broken body and brain gave it and that it was designed for.

That's actually an engineering mistake and isn't a good thing. That SUCKS for part of the robot that isn't mean to still be alive and can't die.

And if there really are entities that prey on the energy left by those entangled particles.. man, dead human souls can't even suffer for eternity in peace. Man, that sucks to be a human.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
"If consciousness is quantum then because of entanglement and superposition everything from life after death, near death experiences, out of body experiences, telepathy, psychic ability and just about everything we label paranormal can be easily explained and has to exist. "

Everything has quantum properties. The beer that I'm drinking has entangled particles in it. ... That doesn't mean that my beer is telepathic. ???

The difference is, your beer is not conscious and therefore it couldn't be aware of these quantum properties the same way that a human is conscious of things like telepathy, ESP, psychic ability and more.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
Very interesting video in the OP, I will certainly be looking more into this topic going forward. I found most of the video was generally understandable but the last part I'm just wondering where the guy gets the idea that "information is never lost or destroyed"... is this something that is really found in the research? Or is it a confusion of information and energy?

Quantum Information can't be lost or destroyed. This was the whole debate between people like Susskind and Hawking and this is why it was called the information paradox debate and it helped strengthen the Holographic Principle and Black Hole Thermodynamics. Here's Susskind and Hooft talking about how information can't be lost.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: RedDragon

The difference is, your beer is not conscious and therefore it couldn't be aware of these quantum properties the same way that a human is conscious of things like telepathy, ESP, psychic ability and more.

Why does that make a difference?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Quantum Information can't be lost or destroyed. This was the whole debate between people like Susskind and Hawking and this is why it was called the information paradox debate and it helped strengthen the Holographic Principle and Black Hole Thermodynamics. Here's Susskind and Hooft talking about how information can't be lost.

When a baseball hits a mirror, it leaves cracks. When those cracks are repaired, you can see glue marks where the cracks were glued back together. Thus, because of the glue marks, you know that the mirror was once cracked and, based on the pattern of the cracks, that it was hit by a baseball.

Technically, information about the baseball was never lost even after the cracks were repaired. In fact, more information was added. The seemingly lost information about the baseball was disguised under seemingly increasing entropy and could be found by intelligently piecing together the clues. After the cracks are repaired, figuring out about the baseball just takes more thought which itself can be thought of as the ability to deconstruct entropy into order.

That's all that guy is saying.

It has NOTHING to do with consciousness or quantum stuff in your brain still working after your death. Nothing to do with telepathy, NDEs, OOBEs, etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

What in the world are you talking about?

The video from Susskind was answering a question that was asked about information. Read the post before you respond.

Secondly, that's not all the guy is saying. He's talking about Quantum Theory and the black hole information paradox. It has nothing to do with placing together some clues. Why do you need to put together clues when information or the distinction between things is never lost?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

What?

Are you serious?

Just like we can ask about quantum biology we can also see these quantum effects. With quantum consciousness, you will be aware of these quantum features just like we're aware of Psi and things we label paranormal.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Of course I noticed that, which as I explained, is not clearly not the opinion presented in the links in question.

Again government agencies work with psychics all the time perhaps looking into that would make sense.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

So, back to information never being lost or destroyed. What this is essentially saying is everything in the universe including us is immortal. The distinction between the sun and the moon or between humans and fish or between you and me is never lost. With this in mind, it's easy to see how you get to the Holographic Universe which Susskind talks about.

The universe or universes is just a projection of these distinctions. This is why some say black holes lead to other universes. So these distinctions may be projected in different ways but it's still the same information. This leads to another conundrum called the fine tuning of the universe. So you can have different ordering of this information but you can't have different cards so to speak. A deck of cards can play go fish, spades or poker but it's still limited to the original deck of cards created by intelligence.

This is what we see with the fine tuning of the universe. So you can get a universe where the Milky Way is called Andromeda or where there was a President Al Gore but you can't get a universe where a lion is really a shark or a monkey is really a bird. These distinctions or information is conserved.

Science is trying to go outside of these distinctions with things like string theory to explain the fine tuning but whether it's 10^500 false vacua or 10^1000 false vacua it's just a pipe dream because they can't naturally derive the constants of nature based on observations that have been made.

So to sum it up, this means Intelligent Design of the universe or what some call the multiverse.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

I'm not aware of an example of a Psychic actually helping.

I keep thinking of Randi's Million Dollar Challenge with this sort of thing and wonder if there are so many psychics why hasn't anyone collected.

Although looking into government agencies is a good idea.
What do you reckon NYPD's psychic budget is each year?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You would have to ask the NYPD.

Randi's Challenge ended March 6th, 2010 the official statement is because no one met the standard but why not keep it open?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Of course I noticed that, which as I explained, is not clearly not the opinion presented in the links in question.

Again government agencies work with psychics all the time perhaps looking into that would make sense.

Some government agencies also used to hunt vampires and fairies. They still do in other countries. Does that make sense?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You would have to ask the NYPD.

Randi's Challenge ended March 6th, 2010 the official statement is because no one met the standard but why not keep it open?

He's like 90 years old. I'm sure he has other stuff to do.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So, back to information never being lost or destroyed. What this is essentially saying is everything in the universe including us is immortal.

You don't understand what you're watching videos about.

It used to be thought that black holes trap all light and matter that enter their event horizon forever. That would mean that information is lost. It's now known that light and matter can and do escape black holes. Thus, their information isn't lost.

That's it.

Saying that means that you're immortal.... ??? That doesn't make sense.

Define the matter that makes up a television as its 'information'. If you break the television with a hammer, it can't display TV shows anymore. It doesn't work. It's dead. However, the matter that makes it up is scattered around in a million pieces. So, its 'information' is still there and will be there forever. But it's definitely dead.

Eventually, its plastic will be melted in a recycling plant and used to make something else, maybe even another TV. That original TV is long gone though.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Scientist used to support that African Americans were in inferior form of life more akin to animals than humans and so societies justified enslaving them.

Does that make sense??

As far as the governments spending taxpayer dollars for something that has not been proven. A point would be to petition the respective governments as to why they are spending taxpayer dollars of something that has not been proven by scientist's.

One could go on and on in relation to real phenomenon that scientist scoffed at historically.

Science is a fascinating subject worthy of accolades for many reasons but that does not mean it is not subject to human error.
edit on 15-9-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Wow, didn't realise that.
I'm guessing he wanted all the moneys and there's no point in having a cool mil that you can't touch, but you're right. Not leaving it there to be grabbed could give the impression he was scared to lose it.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

So your suggesting that there is no way he can be replaced administratively?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join