It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

China's Scientists Propose the Human 'Quantum Brain'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Again, more evidence that supports Penrose and Hameroff. The fact that human consciousness is connected to quantum mechanics is becoming self evident. There's mountains of evidence to support it and NO EVIDENCE to support a materialist view of the brain. Here's a short video on the Quantum Mind:

The reason why there's such resistence to quantum mechanics having anything to do with the brain or consciousness, is because it blows a materialist/atheist worldview out of the water. If consciousness is quantum then because of entanglement and superposition everything from life after death, near death experiences, out of body experiences, telepathy, psychic ability and just about everything we label paranormal can be easily explained and has to exist. Here's more from the article:

Chinese scientists have proposed a new theory that explains why humans are so much more intelligent than animals even though our brains are often much smaller than those of other species. Researchers at the Wuhan Institute of Neuroscience and Neuro-engineering have previously carried out studies backing the theory that the brain not only processes and passes on information not only through electrical and chemical signals, but also with photons of light.

Now, their latest study, the Wuhan researchers, led by professor Dai Jiapei suggested two years ago that neurons, the nerve cells in the brain that transmit information, emit extremely "lights," photons, stimulated by a chemical called glutamate and detectable only with the most sensitive equipment, but capable of transmission along brain fibers and circuits. The key finding is that human brains are able to create information-relaying photons using much less energy, enabling homo sapiens to operate more speedily and efficiently than brains of other species.

The hypothesis that our brain also operates using other mechanisms --a quantum consciousness--rather than just electrical and chemical signals has been around for decades. Its supporters have included the physicist Eugene Wigner, Nobel Prize laureate in 1963 and more recently the eminent physicist Sir Roger Penrose at the University of Oxford, who has suggested that the human brain is more complex than a galaxy.

According to the South China Morning Post, in their latest study, Dai and his colleagues sliced tissue samples from the brains of a bullfrog, mouse, chicken, pig, monkey and human. The neurons, still alive in the culture dish, were then stimulated with glutamate and the photons recorded with specially-built sensors. They observed the spectral redshift, or the change of light waves from higher to lower energy levels. Human brain tissue showed the lowest energy photons, followed by the monkey, pig, chicken and mouse, with the frog at the highest level.

“Interestingly, we found that the chicken exhibits more redshift than the mouse, raising the question of whether chickens hold higher cognitive abilities than those of mice,” the researchers wrote in their paper published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in the United States.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

With human brain tissue showing the lowest energy photons is just more evidence that the human brain is connected to the quantum realm and it gives humans consciousness a connection to quantum mechanics and the very fabric of space-time geometry through quantum information. You also have the skeptic who uses this same line that has become redundant and it has been asked and answered over and over again.

“The critical questions we are concerned with is whether any components of the nervous system ... wet and warm tissue strongly coupled to its environment - display any macroscopic quantum behaviors, such as quantum entanglement,” wrote Christof Koch and Professor Klaus Hepp at the University of Zürich in an earlier study.

First off, the wet and warm argument is no longer valid. That argument went out of the window with the discovery of quantum biology. Before we discovered quantum effects tied to everything from photosynthesis to bird navigation, many people said we could never see quantum effects on a classical level because the classical world was too wet and warm. So the wet and warm thing makes no sense in light of quantum biology.

We also have quantum vibrations discovered in microtubules as predicted by Penrose and Hameroff.

Discovery of quantum vibrations in microtubules inside brain neurons corroborates controversial 20-year-old theory of consciousness

www.kurzweilai.net... ousness

Here's a great article on Quantum Biology from M.I.T. Professor Seth Lloyd.

Quantum Biology: Better Living Through Quantum Mechanics

www.pbs.org...

Here's a video called The Magical Leaf: The Quantum Mechanics of Photosynthesis

Again, there's no reason why quantum mechanics should be barred from the human brain and consciousness. The only reason this is objected to is because of what it means to materialism. If consciousness is connected to space-time geometry at planck scales, then everything we call Psi or Paranormal is really just normal. There's a ton of evidence to support the Paranormal and Psi as well. Here's Dean Radin in a very interesting talk called Science and the Taboo of Psi. He lays out a lot of information and experiments that support it. This is an older video and the evidence since the taping of this video has grown and it's truly overwhelming evidence.

edit on 10-9-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Could this also be why our ancestors were always look up to Gods and "magic" as a source to connect with the universe as a whole?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this fascinating information. Will watch videos later.
Nothing is as it seems.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

1.Humans aren't more intelligent than every other animal.

2. If the quantum theory held any substance we wouldn't exist.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Thanks for posting this fascinating information. Will watch videos later.
Nothing is as it seems.

Thanks and more is coming!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Hubris.

The body is hardware. The consciousness is software.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I've been thinking this is the case for awhile. Many of my own experiences directly indicate that the brain is indeed "quantum."

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'll believe they understand consciousness when we have something more tangible such as AI.
edit on 10-9-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: antigua

A word comes to mind "Pareidolia""

That the brain functions at quantum scales is a rational consideration given current data.

In hindsight that fundamentally life functions this way in general (such as plants and animals)......

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

When they create a form of consciousness similar to our own I'll believe their assertion that quantum physics can explain consciousness and life.

Continue to believe the lies.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadnessto

People used to say that about the idea that earth was flat.

Clearly you seem very "attached" to this idea and perhaps then that last response resulted from such attachments.

Myself I am commenting on something that based on fact that the data has merit.

As far as "Lies", what facts do you have that the OP's content is a lie??

I welcome your input but I see no real evidence of a lie as to the basis for our conversation.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

People used to say that about the idea that earth was flat.

Clearly you seem very "attached" to this idea and perhaps then that last response resulted from such attachments.

Oh yes let's use this strawman.

Sorry they can claim they understand life or consciousness which may be the same thing all they want I don't believe they have the power or ability to understand what it is or where it comes from.

Continue to buy their lies.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

In so far as I am concerned and given mankind survives for say another million years (as an example). What we today treat as modern knowledge will in all likelihood be something taught in the equivalent then of what we call "Kindergarten".

To be clear I see no reason based upon your response to form any real consideration to your opinion, especially given you did not answer my question. Sincerely if your only support to your position is that you have read articles that agree with what you believe is going on that is a bunch of hogwash.

Science is not about joining a mutual admiration society,

It is about looking at all potential permutations and extrapolating based upon comprehending all the data to the best of ones ability.

Beyond of course that proverbially your big toe bothers you when you consider the idea of the brain functions at the quantum scale, what else do you have to offer?

Who are they????

And what as far as "they" being a "Straw man"??

To be clear you do not seem to know what you are talking about.

edit on 10-9-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
neoholographic:

...[that]human consciousness is connected to quantum mechanics is becoming self evident.

Be careful with the wording, Neo. Self-evidency is not evidence, it is supposition, and needs to be properly investigated. Nevertheless, I hope you don't mind if I leave these here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com... (long read)

We are both in the same ball park, but approach the subject from different angles. I too, am of the opinion that quantum mechanisms play a part in the generation of consciousness, and that there is a bridge of sorts that connects the quantum level with the macro (classical) level of the sensing organs and the brain.

Good thread.

edit on 10/9/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Beyond the Op's presentation are the considerations of David Bohm in relation to the topic. Not only in relation to his contribution to EPR Paradox, which in fact are substantive altogether.
edit on 10-9-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
ATS's First Disciple of Quantum Woo posts another string of YouTube videos to prove his ‘science’.

World continues to turn, untrembled.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Why exactly is that?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

ATS's First Disciple of Quantum Woo posts another string of YouTube videos to prove his ‘science’

" his ‘science " ?

wait aren't you a disciple to ?

your thread
Can Quantum Computing Reveal the True Meaning of Quantum Mechanics?

your words

Those interested in the implications quantum theory has for our models of reality will find this article fascinating, I think.

so a quantum mind is to woo
but quantum computing isn't ?

maybe you could post your qualifications ?
if in fact you are challenging the research these Chinese scientists have done

edit on 11-9-2016 by kibric because: Arutperumjothi

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

The reason why there's such resistence to quantum mechanics having anything to do with the brain or consciousness, is because it blows a materialist/atheist worldview out of the water. If consciousness is quantum then because of entanglement and superposition everything from life after death, near death experiences, out of body experiences, telepathy, psychic ability and just about everything we label paranormal can be easily explained and has to exist.

I think I've misunderstood, how can our brain working on a quantum level prove psychic ability is real when the psychic's cannot do it?

As a materialistic atheist I don't find any problem with quantum mechanics being involved in thought. In fact quantum mechanics would have to influence everything. I think entanglement is just an example of information crossing other dimensions we are unable to see until it appears back in the 4 dimensions we can experience.

We don't have the tools yet to really understand. However there is a massive leap from "we don't know" to "anything's possible".

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Though it may be in the word “psychic” that loses the oldest or most bigoted of the intelligencia.  One can almost sense the swelling venom among some at the very utterance of the word when used in a legitimate context.  Military docs reveal that the term “unconventional human intelligence support” rings better for our boys in fatigues.  “Psychic” could also be just as easily and accurately be referred to as “nonlocal data interaction” or NDI.  Likewise, “extra-sensory perception” seems misleading in that it’s suggestion is that it is “outside,” “enhanced,” or “non-usual” and the like, yet it very well could be that all of our sensory inputs actually feed into an awareness that is essentially nonlocal and nonphysical; ergo the system of consciousness is fundamentally NDI at it’s core.

Nonlocality, probability distributions, and nonphysical qualities have all been observed, documented, and part of mainstream science of many decades (entanglement, superposition, and more recently teleportation in China).  If the mind exhibits features that are also nonlocal, probable, self-organizing, and nonphysical it would be congruent with not only findings in quantum physics but also open us up to the “psychic” evidence as well. 

Though we do see that damaging the brain results in cognitive, perceptual, behavioral, memory, thought problems and biological death; there is still little that can explain how individuals can recognize nonlocal information to a degree far beyond chance, repeatedly.

In mainstream culture and science it is an unknown as to whether or not the brain is in communion with a nonphysical, computational, self-organizing system (ergo physical reality is a byproduct) but very little else could argue the NDI evidence.  Though argument is strong from such power players in the emerging field of digital physics, computational math, and information theory.  These groups often end up solving the problems string thing has not been handling well at all (eg. self-organization, the cosmological constant, the big bang, nearly all of the problems created in the last century) and rarely do they include a conscience, through account of consciousness.  See Whitworth, Fredkin, Bostrom, and Campbell for more examples.

As the now fringe scientists can no doubt attest, out-of-date models that dismiss consciousness entirely will only perish with their there propagators, regardless of any new repeatable discovery or phenomenological evidence offers. 

realitysandwich.com... 
edit on 11-9-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

Further reading....

•Recommendations:

¾ There are numerous supporters within the U.S. military establishment who comprehend the significance of remote viewing and PK phenomenon, and believe that they could have strategic implications. Bremseth (2001), a U.S. Navy SEAL, attended the Marine War College and studied the Remote Viewing program, and interviewed many of the former program participants. Bremseth then wrote his thesis on the topic, and concluded that the evidence supported continued research and applications of remote viewing. A research program improving on and expanding, or implementing novel variations of, the Chinese and Uri Geller-type experiments should be conducted in order to generate p-Teleportation phenomenon in the lab. The performances and characteristics of p-Teleportation need to be delineated in order to develop a refined hypothesis. Such a program should be designed so that an operational model for p-Teleportation can be developed and implemented as a prototype. An experimental program similar in fashion to the Remote Viewing program should be funded at $900,000 – 1,000,000 per year in parallel with a theoretical program funded at $500,000 per year for an initial five-year duration. The role of quantum physics theory and related quantum phenomena (i.e., entanglement and teleportation) in p-Teleportation and psychotronics should be explored in this program (see for example, the Biological Quantum Teleportation recommendation in Section 3.3). An experiment definition study should be conducted first to identify and propose the best experiments for this program, which should be funded at $80,000 for one year.

fas.org...
edit on 11-9-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join