It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mike Pence: If the world knows nothing else, it will know this — America stands with Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"If the world knows nothing else, it will know this — America stands with Israel."

...and receives a loud round of applause. That's the most important thing for the world to know about American foreign policy if Trump is elected?

I've never understood it.

I think its a Christian thing. He's VERY Christian.

There are Christians who believe that the Bible makes a case for this country's obligation to protect Israel.: bible.org...

Numbers 24:9
Whoever blesses Israel will be blessed, And whoever curses Israel will be cursed.”

I do know the Christian belief.

But, is that the only reason?

Being about the only country over there that has Western Values, isn't a tyrannical dictatorship, and is generally pro-American kind of does it as well.

But, didn't America set it up?

No

That was our fault sorry.

The British did the world a disfavour in that regard.

We would of been better off carving a chunk of Germany and Austria out and giving it to the Jews. Unlike the palistaians the Germans would of deserved it.

So, the British are the ones who divided up the country and gave Israel their own "state"/country?

History is not my best subject. I do know not all Jews recognize Israel.

Yup we screwed it all up.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sure a dog whistle to the fundies, but that's what Pence is, another religulous whackjob attempting to take power.

This election is really coming down to the rational & reasonable vs the lunatic fringe.

America better pay attention or their apathy & indifference will cost them dearly if they take the suckers bet.

Oh & a musical interlude.

K~
edit on 10-9-2016 by aethertek because: vid problems

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't know the secular states, such as Egypt, Iraq, Syria etc had/have somewhat western values. Women could get jobs, have an education, you could drink, smoke, use sexual contraception, all that good stuff.

Unfortunately the US seems to have developed something of a passion for destroying secularism in the Middle East for reasons better known to themselves.

Iran is fairly westernised, they just happen to have a semi-democratic theocracy, but that's because the Shah was a pretty odious character who invited mass public outcry which was later seized upon by the Ayatollah Khomeini.

Israel is Pro-America because they shower them in armaments aid. I think if any country was showered in armaments aid, or aid of any kind would be pretty pro-American.
edit on -050012pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We did that to a lot of places.

Many problems in the world can be traced back to British colonial dickery in the form of drawing completely random arbitrary lines in the sand (sometimes literally).

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

This election is really coming down to the rational & reasonable vs the lunatic fringe.

Nope all Im seeing is Crazy verse Lunatic

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah it was the Balfour Declaration.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Thanks, will have to check that out.

Balfour: wikipedia (so still of a religious nature)

The background of British support under Balfour for a Jewish homeland in Palestine, though idealistically embedded in 19th-century evangelical expectations and Christian feelings that England was to play a role in the Advent of the Millennium and Christ's Second Coming, was primarily linked to geopolitical calculations. These were originally precipitated by the Eastern Crisis after Muhammad Ali occupied Syria and Palestine. With the geopolitical shakeup occasioned by the outbreak of WWI, the earlier calculations, that had lapsed for some time—Theodor Herzl's own attempts earlier to obtain international support for his project had failed—led to a renewal of strategic assessments and political bargaining regarding the Middle and Far East.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Israel is a pitbull on a chain in the middle east.

all the religious crap aside, that is what they are.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Thanks, will have to check that out.

Check out the Irgun attacks against the British in Palestine

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Also, contrary to popular belief, Jews already were there and had immigrated there in the past.

The greatest influx of Jews into Asia Minor and the Ottoman Empire, occurred during the reign of Mehmed the Conquerors's successor, Beyazid II (1481–1512), after the expulsion of the Jews from Spain and Portugal. The Sultan issued a formal invitation to Jews expelled from Spain and Portugal and they started arriving in the empire in great numbers. A key moment in Judeo-Turkic relations occurred in 1492, when more than 150,000 Spanish Jews fled the Spanish Inquisition into the Ottoman Empire.

The Jewish population at Jerusalem increased from 70 families in 1488 to 1,500 families at the beginning of the 16th century. That of Safed increased from 300 to 2,000 families and almost surpassed Jerusalem in importance.

Mikveh Israel, the first modern Jewish agricultural school and settlement was established in the Land of Israel by Charles Netter of the Alliance Israélite Universelle.

1882–1903
The First Aliyah, major wave (estimated at 25,000–35,000) of Jewish immigration to Ottoman-occupied Palestine.
An estimated 25,000–35,000 Jews immigrated to Ottoman Palestine during the First Aliyah.

Second Aliyah: between 1904 and 1914, during which approximately 35,000 Jews immigrated into Ottoman-ruled Land of Israel, mostly from the Russian Empire,[1] some from Yemen.

(News from 1897)
query.nytimes.com...
www.israellycool.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Try again.

An "alt right" supposed leader according to twitter happens to be a jewsih flaming gay dude who is exlusivly into black men.

So now Milo is an antisemite, homophobic racist?

Don't think so.

edit on 10-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Only nazis, muslims, muslim apologists and other antisemites woukd be uoset by this.

No surprise the usual suspects are showing their true colors yet again.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Umm, okay?

A lot of people outside of the classifications you gave are not big fans of Israel. Including some Jews, oddly enough.

Edit: To Clarify,

Not every Muslim is an Anti-Semite, The State of Israel is not a representative of the Jewish population, Saying bad things about Israel does not make you a Nazi. Finally many of Israel's actions are deplorable, they are not inviting of praise, and give just grounds to condemnation.

edit on -050001pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

All the same

Clinton had the longest public record of engagement with Israel, and has spent decades diligently defending the Jewish state. Jewish voters have rewarded her for her loyalty: In the New York primary in April, she appeared to have easily won the Jewish vote 2-to-1, besting her Jewish rival, Bernie Sanders.
read more: www.haaretz.com...

“Despite our policy differences, Netanyahu and I worked together as partners and friends… But even when we disagreed, we maintained an unshakable commitment to the alliance between our countries.”

correctrecord.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Milo is a catholic, I believe, not Jewish.

He is a supporter of Israel though.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Perhaps it's that Israel, the size of Vancouver Island, can hold off the ENTIRE world.... And we are backing a winner...!

It helps that Israel is GOD's Chosen.

Meanwhile America, a hundred times bigger is being over run with every Trojan Horse attacker the world has to offer.

You see, we have booted God out of America.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Mess with Israel.....disrespect Israel.....big mistake

the evil ones are apparent......but the good Israel, that's the one we hail......

yes Israel has some bad actors but Israel is Top Dog........read all about it in the basic instructions before leaving earth

Let's see,

Who would I stand with... Israel, Saudi Arabia, or Iran.... Hmmm, hard choice.

I stand with Israel.

Out of those three I would choose Iran. At least Iran is helping with fighting ISIS and where is our "good ally"? As usual hiding back home because they never help fight. Israel is all too happy to let stupid Americans die for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

He was born and raised jewsih. His mother is jewish.

Converting to a different religion does not erase ethnicity or cultural identity.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Perhaps it's that Israel, the size of Vancouver Island, can hold off the ENTIRE world.... And we are backing a winner...!

It helps that Israel is GOD's Chosen.

Meanwhile America, a hundred times bigger is being over run with every Trojan Horse attacker the world has to offer.

You see, we have booted God out of America.

Do you honestly believe Israel are Gods chosen or just being sarcastic?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Trump seems to have convinced itself that Iran is helping the Islamic State, a blatant falsehood. It also wouldn't make much sense.

Iran is one of the most ardent opponents of the Islamic State.

That statement somewhat annoyed me and gave me great doubt towards his foreign policy, which was the main reason I think he should win the presidency over Hillary.

Thankfully the rest of his foreign policy makes more sense than that, and maybe someone can convince him that the Shia Iran are not helping the Wahhabi Islamic State

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join