It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mike Pence: If the world knows nothing else, it will know this — America stands with Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Huh?

I was just listening to Mike Pence responding to the Clinton "basket of deplorables" comment (personally, I see the potential for comic gold in that but that's a topic for another thread) in the MSM (in stark contradiction of the pre-whining of Trumpeteers).

As he's beating the "Trump will lead from strength" (no doubt like his hero, Vladmir Putin about whose "strength" Trump constantly swoons like a pubescent girl) drum, he ties up all his vague foreign policy rhetoric with this statement:

"If the world knows nothing else, it will know this — America stands with Israel."

...and receives a loud round of applause. That's the most important thing for the world to know about American foreign policy if Trump is elected?
edit on 2016-9-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Cool

Anybody that stands against Israel always has bad accidents.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There is a pretty large group of conservatives (mostly the paranoid Christian-right type) who honestly believe nothing is more important than Israel & USA ties.

It's kind of sad actually.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Well the Alt-Right isn't going to be too happy about that...they flat out state that they hate Jews.

Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yeah that's such a backwards, stupid statement. America does stand with Israel, but we can still hate the Israeli government's policies and still keep Israel safe. Do a google search and see how many US Military bases are surrounding Israel. Israel is safe.

Now if we relate that to US Politics...and we said we stand with Black Lives and always will. we would be branded Social Justice Warriors and told that all people matter. Where is that same crowd now, saying ...all countries matter! Don't we stand with Switzerland and Australia, and New Zealand and UK and Spain and Canada and South Korea and Germany and Denmark and , and , and..

LOL

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Is this the same Terror State that threatened my beloved Britain the other day for supporting boycotts.
The same Terror State that warned France about recognising Palestine... And then two months later boom...

It surprises me not that an evangelical nutjob and a narcissist would support said Terror State.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Mess with Israel.....disrespect Israel.....big mistake

the evil ones are apparent......but the good Israel, that's the one we hail......

yes Israel has some bad actors but Israel is Top Dog........read all about it in the basic instructions before leaving earth

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Well the Alt-Right isn't going to be too happy about that...they flat out state that they hate Jews.

Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews

The alt right won't care...

I could find much larger crowds but I think this is evidence enough.

Check out BreakingTheSilence, TrueTorahJews & JewsAgainstZionism.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Ah so you're saying it was a dog whistle connected to fundie end times mythology?

Cool story but this ain't no damn theocracy. American foreign policy should not in any way be dictated by the mythology of any religion.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The Israeli government is horrible, people need to stop blindly supporting it and stop being afraid to criticize it.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

These same people who deride welfare pay taxes in the billions funding the biggest welfare (51st) state in the world.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

What is the USA obession with Isreal?

They have a sketchy somewhat violent history with the USA

They have a lots of questionable human rights issues.

They pressure the USA into war.

They do little to support the USA in anyway war, even one to their own benefit.

They export little of interest.

They seem to me to be a liability than a ally of any value!

At least the Saudis have Oil (not that I agree with my country being in a alliance with them either).

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Australia, and New Zealand and UK and Spain and Canada and South Korea and Germany and Denmark and , and , and..

Least those allies have a long and pretty good record of supporting the USA and being of benifit rather than a liability. Well maybe not Spain and Germany...... But New Zealand, UK, Australia, Canada and South Korea have had the USA backs in the 20th and 21st Century and not only shed blood on the battle field in the USA defence (and our own) but also in your wars of Offence. Plus provide a significant economic contribution.

Isreal? Just a bunch of freeloaders.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

the evil ones are apparent......but the good Israel, that's the one we hail......

yes Israel has some bad actors but Israel is Top Dog........read all about it in the basic instructions before leaving earth

Let's see,

Who would I stand with... Israel, Saudi Arabia, or Iran.... Hmmm, hard choice.

I stand with Israel.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Rather stand with neither and let those barbaric countrys sort there own # out.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Let's see,

Who would I stand with... Israel, Saudi Arabia, or Iran.... Hmmm, hard choice.

I stand with Israel.

Diarrhoea, Puke or Piss...

How about none of them?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is one of my few issues with Trump, his rabid support for the illegal occupiers of Palestine.

I do find it odd that he thinks it's unreasonable for Iran to develop nuclear weapons as a deterrence measure against the US and their Israeli friends, but Israel is allowed total power to destroy the entire region, all of Europe and then some.

Israel's Jericho III missile has 11,500km range, putting it well within striking range of Europe, and Israel's nuclear policy is basically to nuke Rome if the Arabs invade (which makes little sense to me but there you go).

In addition to the nuclear capable Jericho III, they have nuclear-capable aircraft, can launch nuclear weapons from their submarines, and have an estimated stockpile of 400 nuclear warheads. To put that into perspective the combined arsenal of Britain and France is 575. It gives them the ability to destroy every city within the middle east several times over.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to develop a deterrent against such a threat.

Before anyone accuses me of Anti-antisemitism I hold no ill-will towards the Jews, I do not think the State of Israel represents the Jewish community, and if it did It'd be a very negative representation.

Nor do I believe that Israel "must be destroyed".
edit on -050012pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"If the world knows nothing else, it will know this — America stands with Israel."

...and receives a loud round of applause. That's the most important thing for the world to know about American foreign policy if Trump is elected?

I've never understood it.

I think its a Christian thing. He's VERY Christian.

There are Christians who believe that the Bible makes a case for this country's obligation to protect Israel.: bible.org...
edit on 10-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

What is the USA obession with Isreal?

There's a certain powerful voting block in the US that has been garnering undue influence over our politics. Christian fundamentalists who essentially believe that to fulfill biblical prophecy, the Temple Mount will need to be cleared of the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque so that the Third Temple can be built (side note: then blood sacrifice can begin again, I kid you not). At some point the Antichrist is supposed to enter the Third Temple and put an end to the sacrifices, declare himself as the messiah and IIRC kick everyone out.

That all needs to be done before the return of Christ and the final battle, etc.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Serously is this bull# what certain Americans beleive?
edit on 10-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join