It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moment Of Peak Mainstream Media Stupidity: Keep Up The Killing Of Civilians For Defense Jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So, CNN interviews Rand Paul (The person who should have been the Republican nominee) about his opposition to supporting "our friends" the Saudi's who are blasting civilian targets. Wolf Blitzer actually tries to defend this by stating that defense contractor jobs "may" be lost if we stop this insanity with the Saudis!

I linked the video below:

vimeo.com...

www.blacklistednews.com... /38/38/Y/M.html

Ladies and gentlemen, it appears the long anticipated moment of peak mainstream media stupidity may have finally arrived.

This is what passes for journalism in America today.

The Intercept reports:

Sen. Rand Paul’s expression of opposition to a $1.1 billion U.S. arms sale to Saudi Arabia — which has been brutally bombing civilian targets in Yemen using U.S.-made weapons for more than a year now — alarmed CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Thursday afternoon.

Blitzer’s concern: That stopping the sale could result in fewer jobs for arms manufacturers. “So for you this is a moral issue,” he told Paul during the Kentucky Republican’s appearance on CNN. “Because you know, there’s a lot of jobs at stake. Certainly if a lot of these defense contractors stop selling war planes, other sophisticated equipment to Saudi Arabia, there’s gonna be a significant loss of jobs, of revenue here in the United States. That’s secondary from your standpoint?”

Paul said. “Our founding fathers very directly and specifically did not give the president the power to go to war. They gave it to Congress. So Congress needs to step up and this is what I’m doing.”

Saudi Arabia began bombing Yemen in March 2015, and has since been responsible for the majority of the 10,000 deaths in the war so far. The U.S.-backed bombing coalition has been accused of intentionally targeting civilians, hospitals, factories, markets, schools, and homes. The situation is so bad that the Red Cross has started donating morgue units to Yemeni hospitals.

See the video link for the whole exchange.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I used to know CNN was biased. But if I was gonna watch MSM I wouldn't mind CNN as I knew how to read between the lines and see the biased planted in.

That being said they have gotten sloppy lately, picking up "sensational" stories and running them before doing their research. And now they are blatant in projecting certain views.

One of my favorite was the other day they picked up the Russian jet buzzing a US plane. The headline paraphrased "Russian jet harasses US jet flying dangerously close" or something of that nature.
Russian media had paraphrased "US spy plane flies witch transponder off close to Russian border in civilian airspace"

Recognizing both biased the headline should have been "Another problematic US Russian aircraft encounter"

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is a large part of the overall problem, America has turned into a war based economy meaning we have to stay at war for our economy to continue to function at this point. People don't ask questions about the morality of what their chosen occupation is contributing to at the larger level when they are paid and paid well not to ask questions. Then on top of that they are threatened with the full weight of federal prosecution for even using an unauthorized flash drive yet people like HRC...oh never mind we all know how that has worked out so far.

Take a look at some of the average salaries of people doing government contract work and these are some of the more mundane positions.

Hard to ask questions when your making those kind of numbers on top of a blind sense of patriotism because you have been foolishly led by our oh so honorable public servants to believe that some third world country somewhere needs some democracy...MURICA FU** YEAH!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Makes you wonder if anyone ever had the idea to hire the defense contractors to build and upgrade the UNITED STATES infrastructure instead of building and blowing up crap overseas.

Hey guys, you still get to make the money and actually do it for America's Citizens for once.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Wolf Blitzer is very telling in his body language and his intonation, demonstrating how much of a pawn/ sock puppet he is for another voice..

I wouldn't be surprised if he acted like this in real life now that he's so submerged in the propaganda. Just another tool being used by the scumbags to spin a narrative.

F*** Wolf Blitzer, he seems like more of a lemming or a snake to me

top topics

join