It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mysterious "Beast Bill" Showing Up All Over The US Linked To Countdown Timer

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bilbous

One thing that I've noticed consistently about people who pretend to be "lurkers" who just suddenly joined is that they always over-explain. It's kind of like the way people tend to babble and give too many unnecessary details when they're nervous.

They also tend to dredge things up, pretending to be just another one of the regular folks...have you noticed that? They sort of stick little details into normal conversation that kind of needle their way into other people's thoughts and before you know it, they've got that person talking about it too. And next thing you know, they've derailed the entire topic all over again.

All it takes is one gullible person to fall for it and suddenly they've got themselves an unwitting accomplice. They always go after the nice people too, have you noticed that? The ones who are open and friendly. I hate that, don't you? It's so conniving, so deceitful.

But a troll simply cannot resist the opportunity to do what he/she/it does best. They're like herpes...they just won't go away. It's the most annoying thing. Luckily for the rest of us, they are typically overconfident and think they're actually fooling everyone...when in reality, they're as transparent as cheap cellophane.

But we're a close knit bunch here, so we're pretty good at spotting them and getting them weeded out before they can get too comfy. You should definitely let a mod know if you see someone chatting up someone else in a thread, conning them into derailing the topic of a thread to bring up things that have already been handled and are irrelevant to the actual discussion.

There's a little "alert" function if you click on the little green person below the member avatar. It's really cool...one click and you've alerted the mods that someone is up to shenanigans. And especially if there has already been an issue on that thread with trolling and baiting and silly arguments about stars...or any of that other nonsense that isn't tolerated here...definitely let them know then, because they already expect a troublemaker to open another new account and try a different tact to accomplish the same thing.

Thank goodness they're typically dumb enough to tip people off, but just in case you actually run across one with half a brain cell (trust me, that's rare), you'll know exactly how to handle it.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That's not the guy in question...unless there's more than one. This is a totally different person. That's why I said it's a bad idea to start naming names. Don't fall into that trap, my friend.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
Being a slightly paranoid person (Okay maybe more than slightly) I couldn't help but feel that was aimed at me as certain parts could well be used to describe myself(Lurker, New member, etc ). Then I did a little more digging around and notice you have had an 'issue' with a member on here and the above post makes more sense and relieves my paranoia

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I was brought up in an environment were church was lost. I pursued on my own later in life. Not church, but readings. So some of the references were lost on me a bit. But a lot of it was explained here.(especially here). So it helped brush up and teach me along the way.

As i took in the gentleman's rant.

I respected what he had to say. I said in an earlier post once i calmed down a bit. From digesting what i saw. I understood his passion. I dont fully agree with it. But I'll respect it.

Sorry i spoiled it for you, really am. As for time, i must admit i didnt really sway from this thread. I kept it open on the tab, continually checking in as i could. Often looking up info and contributing if i could.

I saved all links that i could. And await federalbeast.com...
To see the next incarnation.
😊

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Bigburgh

That's not the guy in question...unless there's more than one. This is a totally different person. That's why I said it's a bad idea to start naming names. Don't fall into that trap, my friend.

Are you refering to..?? 🤗🤐
I felt there was more than one. Page 16 was a heck of an introductory post going after a nice member.

But you are correct. I will correct that.

***** Fixed *****

edit on 16-9-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If this is real where can I obtain one of these???

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bilbous

I also think that OP has a claim to fair use. Although fair use is not a right; rather, it is a defense. His aim was to educate the masses. He never used their logos in an attempt to capitalize or generate revenue. As you pointed out, limited audience these companies would rather not have to deal with the prosecution.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Can one of the members here that has a facebook account invite this guy to come hear and answer a few questions. I think it would eliminate a lot of confusion and speculation. I think it would be a good gesture on his part considering the fact that his little project was aimed at us.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Triskadecaphobic

Your explanation could be reduced to wishful thinking. More than one new member has defended the use of corporate logos, and one of them was instantly banned after getting a little feisty. I suppose it all depends on which company could take issue with it.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yup, he is on page 16. And has had quite a few posts removed for manners violatons from this thread as well. Even has the same condescending tone as in his video
edit on 9/16/2016 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

All of the companies can take issue with it. That is their right as owners of the intellectual property and trademark assets. His legal defense would be Fair Use as his attempt was to educate rather than to monetize his situation. Fair use is not a guaranteed defense, and if any of the companies involved can show monetary damage from the use of their trademarks, then they would succeed in litigation and have the ability to collect damages. The question is how much money would they actually get.

I also agreed that it was probably not worth the filing to pursue. I do not understand what you mean by "Your explanation could be reduced to wishful thinking". How is any of what I said wishful thinking. I am merely contributing my 2 cents as a student of business law. The facts are, corporate logos were used without permission. This is illegal in most countries. Companies have a right to sue and protect their intellectual property. The only defense is citing the Fair Use Act which is not a guarantee.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
Yup, he is on page 16. And has had quite a few posts removed for manners violatons from this thread as well. Even has the same condescending tone as in his video

Was that the guy who kept throwing the term "PC" around in the completely wrong context and didn't appear to actually know the correct definition for it?

Shoe would fit. I can imagine these guys throwing buzz words like that around willy-nilly..

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

you can email him badselfeater@gmail.com

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Triskadecaphobic

Did not intend to offend. I meant wishful thinking on the part of anyone that would assume that a "Fair Use" defense would always be a successful defense. It all comes down to what twists and turns of any statute can be argued in court. If a person is using a logo or name brand and the material which it is attached to is used in a derogatory light, then I would think that "fair use" could be challenged.

I'm so off topic it ain't funny.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Regarding the trademarks, the fair use defense might hold up but I suppose it would depend on how aggressive any litigation is in pursuing recourse.

The concept of 'diluting the trademark' is what he comes up against, though that may only apply in a commercial enterprise and, as I have no legal training, that might not even apply.

If any of the companies who's logos he used decided to, they could bury him in legal fees whether or not he has any money for them to recoup. They could have a settlement entered that makes any and all monies he ever is entitled to never benefit him in the slightest.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I agree. Most companies would not see the value of the time or expense thrown at any trademark infringement of this nature, it happens all of the time. With that said, I can see a corporation (they have in the past) take issue with how their Logo was used, certainly in this manner.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
According to YouTube there is only 1006 people watching right now

Just a quick note, this is more people than watched Hillary's live event that was her first appearance after she collapsed.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I don't think it was directed at you most likely at the poster that was here at the beginning, mustexiteternity

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't think his placing of corporate symbols on his "art" will hurt him.

I mean, a youtube video is "art". And people place all sorts of trademarked footage and symbols in those on the daily..

I don't see this being an issue for him.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Privy_Princess

. And people place all sorts of trademarked footage and symbols in those on the daily..

And copyright violations are removed. Daily.
support.google.com...
edit on 9/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

<< 91  92  93    95  96 >>

join