It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Half of Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
(C)linton's rhetoric is 'Deplorable'...does that mean she supporting Trump now?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Serious MSM blackout on comments in their coverage of this!?

I was able to pull up comments with these:
HuffPost, ABC News, Breitbart, CNBC, Variety, Newsmax...

Until I got bored with it. Surely many others have them turned off. Perhaps when Associated Press puts out a piece for everyone to repost they have a memo saying whether or not to have comments open? That's the feeling I just got.

Maybe they didn't want to moderate posts on 'baskets of deploreables'.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oddly enough, I see more Obama-Biden and Bernie Sanders bumper stickers around Chicago than Clinton or Trump. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a single one for either Clinton or Trump, and I drive about 70 miles @ day around town.

edit on 9/10/2016 by carewemust because: You get Vandalized If You Have Trump or Clinton Sticker

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You mean hate speeches from butthurt Hillary fanatics?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Annee

I believe I just agreed that such usage is correct.

TheRedneck

Wasn't sure. Thought I'd clarify myself.

Truce.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The more liberal the internet news organisation, the greater the level of comment censorship.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This does scream weak and desperate! Attacking American citizen voters is what is deplorable! Attacking your opponent is simple mud-slinging and is understandable, but a candidate for President should not attack everyday citizens!

She will not secure any independents with this type of speech. She needs to stick to attacking the candidates, unfortunately, her campaign is having difficulty in finding as much mud on them. At least, that is my take on why any candidate would begin attacks on voters, instead of the actual candidate.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Well.. if this forum and other social media are an indication, Hillary has achieved what she wanted. She's stolen the headlines and spotlight from TRUMP for a day or two. She's also awoken a lot of Democrats from their passive slumber.

We'll soon read and hear, "Well it's about time!"...and "Hillary is becoming a true leader!" from the liberal press and talking heads. Yet all Hillary has done is emulate an aspect of Trump that she, and the media have harshly criticized him for over the past year.

So, just so we're clear (as you are doing nothing but predicting what millions of people will do and will think here with no basis ...) is your position that "speaking one's mind" is great when Trump does it but horrible when Clinton does it?

Because, you know it seems to bear repeating that the only person you can really speak for is yourself.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Right!

DEAR EVERYBODY, who can show an example of a more desperate campaign move ever than this campaign she's been waging for weeks now against US Citizens??

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So if you don't vote for Hillary, you're a deplorable racist.

0_o

At least Hillary is talking to the media now. I wish she'd speak more. Only Hillary can out do Trump in stupid talk.

haha

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Looks like she just triggered most of ATS as well

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Only Trump is allowed to make gaffes

Really though, stupid statement by Clinton. She pretty much just told millions of Trump voters to F off. This whole presidential campaign has been a joke with no substance. Mostly just mudslinging and character attacks. We Americans are going to have to live with one of these two dirt-bags for the next 4 years and voters are partially to blame. Really though, the two parties didn't give us many good options during the primaries.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: ketsuko

the political ****-slinging continues! What happened to sticking to the issues? I guess as we get closer to the election the desperation on both sides will grow, and they will sink lower and lower in their attacks

Thanks for sharing this ketsuko

Not to sound very trite but its just to easy to call names. That way issue discussion is also useless then when dealing with such low life.
edit on 10-9-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Looks like she just triggered most of ATS as well

Considering how many people are here whining about things she didn't say, I'd agree.

Trump now, he's a hero when he "speaks his mind."

I've yet to see a defense here against racists, sexists and homophobes ... as that is who Mrs. Clinton was referring to.

Anyone rational and reasonable knows that Trump's statements, claims and demeanor is appealing to many of those groups ... and that he has folks like that among his followers BECAUSE of the way he's approached running for President.

That's basically what Clinton commented on. She specifically DID NOT say that all Trump followers are racists/sexists/homophobes and actually said quite clearly that at least half are merely good Americans who desperately want a change, any change, in the way things are going.

Those of you who are always so careful to correct the record in favor of Mr. Trump could stand a taste of your own medicene.

So ... who wants to make an argument that sexists, racists and homophobes are not deplorable?

Go.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MrThortan

Apparently Congressman Louie Gohmert hit a SERIOUS nerve when earlier in the day yesterday, he told a large audience that Hillary Clinton is "mentally impaired"...and has "special needs".

Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, I guess it was too much to ask for a professional politician to actually "speak her mind" for long ... today she says:

“Last night I was ‘grossly generalistic,’ and that's never a good idea," she said in a statement. "I regret saying ‘half’ — that was wrong." She went on to say that "many of Trump's supporters are hard-working Americans who just don’t feel like the economy or our political system are working for them." Still, Clinton said she won't stop "calling out bigotry and racist rhetoric in this campaign."

USA Today

Of course, she said she was being grossly generalistic, and she's not wrong by any means (if anything her estimate was low) ... but, she had to come out all Care Bear and powder all the sore boo-boos from Trump supporters who can't read words.

I actually had a modicum of respect for her for a few hours ... oh well, back to voting against Trump rather than for Clinton.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: MrThortan

Apparently Congressman Louie Gohmert hit a SERIOUS nerve when earlier in the day yesterday, he told a large audience that Hillary Clinton is "mentally impaired"...and has "special needs".

Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Gohmert is the absolute last person in Washington or anywhere else that needs to be talking about mental impairment.

If I'm being too subtle, he's an idiot who regularly puts his idiocy on national display.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrThortan
Only Trump is allowed to make gaffes

Really though, stupid statement by Clinton. She pretty much just told millions of Trump voters to F off.

More like she just told ~25% of America they are irredeemably racist/sexist/bigot/homophobe/un-American.

That should play well.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think Hillary is in progress of setting up her blame game for the coming loss.

It couldn't possibly be her fault could it.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
While sipping champagne with Barbara Streisand...and popping exotic canapes into her hungry maw at an elite and posh fundraiser, Hillary Rodham (C)linton and other prominent 'Limousine Liberals'...decided it would be cute to call millions of hard-working American voters "deplorable".

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join